OT: Parsons GONE

He only needs to be three years removed from high school. He’s eligible after this season whether he plays or opts out. If he’s smart he’ll opt out, as should every projected 1st or 2nd rounder, including our very own Greg R.
Yep said earlier brain fart! Should stop posting after 9, I’m getting old!

Advertisement
Imo unless hurns has health issues that puts him at high risk, i think it was a dumb move for him. He’ll get passed up and probably wont be on the roster in a year. You cant afford to be a 3rd/4th string guy and opt out.

well he did make a ton of money with the jags so i guess hes cool w it

Softness in a pandemic? I think each individual is making a decision based on the risks to themselves and their family. Those that have already proven themselves have little to gain or that gain just isn't worth it to them.

Not wanting to expose yourself and your family to a virus that kills people doesn't make you soft.

I'm just telling you how it will be viewed by those who are making draft decisions. These guys are making significant investment decisions and they are going to want to get a return on their investment. A kid who chooses not to play is a greater risk to that return on investment and therefore, demands a lower purchase price (i.e., lower draft pick).

I disagree with that. It doesn't indicate "softness" or lack of commitment (how come that wouldn't also apply to a QB, anyway?). It indicates someone taking seriously the issues of COVID and the lack of prep time prior to playing a season....both which could hurt their chances at the NFL. Any GM or scout who downgrades a player for that is not a very smart one.

QB's are different and get treated differently.

It's simple economics. The guys making draft decisions are making economic decisions based on return on investment. A kid who has demonstrated that he isn't willing to play when games are getting played, is worth less money, period.

Advertisement
QB's are different and get treated differently.

It's simple economics. The guys making draft decisions are making economic decisions based on return on investment. A kid who has demonstrated that he isn't willing to play when games are getting played, is worth less money, period.
In normal times I would agree with you 100% I don’t think that’ll be the case this particular time. Just my opinion and I’m open to being wrong.

What about the guys that show out this year? They’ll be first rounders and push others down the board. Nothing is ever a lock

And there will be more first round guys .. i know one personally (not a cane) thinking over the decision
A lot of kids now and in the future will look at these decisions

this isn’t just skipping a mid to low tier bowl game... this is a complete season and some coaches might not even let the kids workout in the facilities due to limiting unneeded folks in the building

Advertisement
I'm just telling you how it will be viewed by those who are making draft decisions. These guys are making significant investment decisions and they are going to want to get a return on their investment. A kid who chooses not to play is a greater risk to that return on investment and therefore, demands a lower purchase price (i.e., lower draft pick).
As players across the NFL who are making millions are deciding to sit out, including some key players for teams, I highly doubt that this will be the approach to kids sitting out of playing for free.

As players across the NFL who are making millions are deciding to sit out, including some key players for teams, I highly doubt that this will be the approach to kids sitting out of playing for free.
You think NFL GMs are happy about current NFL players sitting out? No chance! That hurts their investment and they will definitely take that into consideration when making draft decisions. Additionally, these kids will be hurt by actually not playing. No matter how much training they do outside of CFB to prepare themselves for the draft, GMs will discount that relative to the development the kid would have gotten from another season of actually playing football.

Nothing positive about finally having a bonafide top 10 legit impact player and we only got to see him start at miami for freaking 6-7 games.. wtf man..
Its the 1 position we can absorb the loss at. I'm not in favor of it.

Advertisement
My son worked out/trained with him this morning in Mechanicsburg. Logan is 6'3", 280lbs and plays O-Line at West Chester University. He said that Parsons is a little taller than him and probably weighs 240-245lbs. Logan said that Parsons is a beast with about 6-8% body fat and that his work ethic is really good. He also said that Parsons is incredibly strong and quick.

You think NFL GMs are happy about current NFL players sitting out? No chance! That hurts their investment and they will definitely take that into consideration when making draft decisions. Additionally, these kids will be hurt by actually not playing. No matter how much training they do outside of CFB to prepare themselves for the draft, GMs will discount that relative to the development the kid would have gotten from another season of actually playing football.
I really doubt they will. Trevor Lawrence could sit out and still go #1. Some of these kids have nothing to prove at this point. Parsons included.

Advertisement
I dont think Covid will keep most of these players from playing. 99% of them have NFL aspirations. Cant get there from sitting out, especially when you dont know what the NCAA will do.
You said IF Covid wasn’t an issue.. it is. That’s the discussion lol Everyone is in different scenarios, Parsons doesn’t have to play and probably will still be a first round pick.

Advertisement
Back