OT- Oregon asks UCLA for permission to talk to Kelly

Does Chip Kelly still have the juice? When he was at Oregon a decade ago, everything he was doing was new. It’s crazy to say but his offense is kind of old news now. I suspect he’d fair well short term inheriting a solid cupboard from Mario but recruiting at Oregon is going to be harder than it was at UCLA and he wasn’t a good recruiter at UCLA.

Advertisement
If Kelly hadn't won his last three games, he might've been fired. He was mentioned nationally as being on the hot seat -- with a 5-4 record -- after losses to Fresno St, ASU, Oregon, and Utah.

If Kelly hadn't won his last three games, he might've been fired. He was mentioned nationally as being on the hot seat -- with a 5-4 record -- after losses to Fresno St, ASU, Oregon, and Utah.
So you mean when Oregon asks for permission, UCLA answers, "take him please!"?

If he bolts to Oregon, kiffin will definitely
Throw his hat in the UCLA ring. Blue waters and all. Seems like the perfect landing spot for him.

Advertisement
Who Cares Larry David GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

there are those who ask permission, and then there are those who just take. I'd rather be the one of those who just takes.

edit: realizing this sounds kinda r*pey. my bad.

They are a little butt hurt that we didn’t “ask” for permission, so they are postering for PR purposes. You know **** well they have already had contact.

Advertisement
Saw this coming the moment Mario’s name started becoming real for us. Who else were they gonna get? He got off to a nice start at UCLA this year. This was obvious.

Chip Kelly was 46-7 with, with 3 Pac-12 titles, plus a Rose & a Fiesta Bowl.

He took the foundation that Mike Bellotti laid & turned Oregon into a winning program that could contend on a national scale. Helfrich took his team to the National championship against Oh St in the first CFP ever.

Of course they would try to bring him back, he just lead UCLA to their first winning season since 2014.
Kelly is no Butch DAW GAWD.

XtcfqdBrHEa4g.gif

You know what's up.

Advertisement
I definitely wouldn't go to UCLA from Baylor of I was Aranda. He'll get a great gig next year.

The rumors are Texas is as far east as he wants to go. He wants to be on the west coast. And California specifically.

If that’s true, then UCLA is as good as it will get for him.

The rumors are Texas is as far east as he wants to go. He wants to be on the west coast. And California specifically.

If that’s true, then UCLA is as good as it will get for him.
We were told by our Texas insider (he's based in Houston?) that he was interested in the Miami job if we offered - obviously we didn't.

Advertisement
I said it in the other thread but Chip has a chance to win early with this Oregon team Mario built. They were a QB away from being real CFP contenders imo. But if he doesn't win idk if Oregon is gunna be able to recruit highly enough for them to continue being a 10 win/yr type team.

Either way there will be a big recruiting drop off. But if he wins early he may be able to be good enough basically. They won't beat out anybody with USC...but it's not like they won't still have a lot of top options

Advertisement
Back