OT- New York City Posters

Advertisement
Nice.

What neighborhood did you grow up in? Are you still in NY?
No...born in Carnarsie, (even though family was living in Long Island) parents were both Immigrants, mother born in Italy, father born in Romania. 1st settled in the Lower East side...then to Brooklyn. Left NY in 74...grew up in South Fl...Sister lives in Staten Island...cousin owns Production Company in Manhattan.

I make it a point to stop at NY Pizza Suprema in MSG. They have won several awards. Old school, no frills NY pizza joint since the 60’s.

Junior’s cheesecake is overrated garbage

TrumpyCane had it the other day and it was awful compared to any other decent bakery in NYC

There was an amazing bakery in the upper East called Two Little Red Hens, unfortunately it seems COVID forced them to shutdown after they started renovating

Another underrated pizza place is Sauce Pizzeria, the original on 12th street is the best spot.

If you want some hot dogs Crif Dog is good and it has a speakeasy PDT inside for some very good drinks.

For burger can’t go wrong with JG Melon, TrumpyCane likes it because it is simple and it tastes great, no need for 10 different ingredients. Burger, cheese, pickle, bun, that’s all you need

Advertisement

TrumpyCane had it the other day and it was awful compared to any other decent bakery in NYC

There was an amazing bakery in the upper East called Two Little Red Hens, unfortunately it seems COVID forced them to shutdown after they started renovating

Another underrated pizza place is Sauce Pizzeria, the original on 12th street is the best spot.

If you want some hot dogs Crif Dog is good and it has a speakeasy PDT inside for some very good drinks.

For burger can’t go wrong with JG Melon, TrumpyCane likes it because it is simple and it tastes great, no need for 10 different ingredients. Burger, cheese, pickle, bun, that’s all you need
Eileen's Special Cheesecake wipes it's *** with ANY Cheesecake in NYC....Period...and Red Hook Tavern is without question the best Burger in NYC....

I'm somewhat familiar with this. Some years ago, I watched a show on the history of NY pizza.

The older gentleman who own's Juliana's is named Patsy Grimaldi. His uncle was the original Patsy, of Patsy's pizza. Uncle Patsy's widow sold Patsy's pizza to an employee.

Patsy Grimaldi then opened Grimaldi's. He retired and sold sold Grimadi's to someone else.

Then, Patsy Grimaldi came out of retirement and reopened a new pizza spot, Juliana's, named after his mother, in the exact same location of the old Grimaldi's pizza.

Interesting stuff.

I've met Patsy Grimaldi a few times at Juliana's. He's the nicest old guy that you'll ever meet.

He told me himself that Grimaldi's doesn't do things the "right way."

On a somewhat related note. Vice has an interesting doc called 'A Slice of Pie'. It's about NYC pizzerias and the mob. I didn't know that so many have been used to launder money. I guess that explains why many are cash only.
Pizzerias from NYC...to NJ...to Pennsylvania are as sketchy as they come, and have been since forever...

Two Little Red Hens has a new home right across the street from the old locale.

Advertisement
If you're staying in the BX /Harlem:

Pizza:
1. Louie and Ernies (Morris Park). It's off the 6.
2. Nicks (Gunhill)

Beef Patties:
1. Kingston Tropical (White Plains Rd)

Cuchifrito (PR Food):
1. Fordham. Take the D to 188 and it's right there.
2. 116 and Lex, walk towards 3rd Avenue and it's right there

Chino/Latino
1. Sabrosura (Tremont, BX)

Fish and Chips (Harlem):
1. Taste of Seafood
2. Famous Fish

I got spots for days. Just depends if you'll be uptown or not.
you sound like you from the BX. My cuz is big in politics of the bx (you would know him)...gonna be with him but wanna venture out on my own this go

Good looking.

In harlem i be up Melbas or Sylvias for m y soul food.. Hajjis on the eastside for my chopped cheese or breakfast sandwich.

Man i may need to hit you up for the lounge/club spots for saturday night after the canes win @passitback

@gogeta4 my G you be in Harlem a lot so you probably hip but A Taste of Seafood.....BRUH!!!!!!!!
Yup there and LoLo's. Harlem im kinda certified though guys on this post been dropping gems. Its brooklyn i know nothing about and the good spots in the bronx..cause i seldom eat in the bx.

Boy imma be on my dominican prowl this weekend though look for me a lil dame..might head out to dyckman.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back