OT- New York City Posters

Advertisement
Going to Broadway...I think right off Myrtle AVe?. Im likely coming from up on 125th in Harlem. Ive been to NYC more than 5 times and NEVER been to Brooklyn. I never leave Harlem/Manhattan and usually rent a car..this time im gonna give public transport a run. You would think it would be easier to bus it more so than Subway?.

Ill hit Patsys in Harlem
J or M train stops right at myrtle and Broadway...infamous BK intersection. When you see the checkers and Popeyes you know you've made it lol.

Take the 4/5 from 125th down to Fulton and transfer to the J or M train to Brooklyn

J or M train stops right at myrtle and Broadway...infamous BK intersection. When you see the checkers and Popeyes you know you've made it lol.

Take the 4/5 from 125th down to Fulton and transfer to the J or M train to Brooklyn
Got it.

Thanks.

Yes im staying in Harlem as Usual. But wanna see Brooklyn this run. My fam is from harlem/ The bronx so i never leave those areas

Welcome back to the Apple, gogeta4. The weather is not your friend today but should be nice tomorrow.

Enjoy the visit and get at me if you make it to the BX.

Maybe I’m getting bougie in my old age but, stay off the subways brother @gogeta4 Last I checked before Covid that **** was getting like a dark version of Gotham City. Looking by the daily reports I see it’s only getting worse. Get a rental, Uber, train, helicopter…anything but the subway. I just want you to be safe.

Advertisement
King Barka has some good Jamaican food on 135. BK has amazing options Lucali is great, I like Best Pizza and Antonios in flatbush also. I'd take the 1 train to Columbus Cr and then walk to the Q which takes you around DeKalb and Prospect Park which is pretty central. The subway issues are legit but chances are nothing will happen to you especially if you keep your wits. Buses are actually pretty nice but are super slow compared to trains. Weather is *** today but should be really nice tomorrow and throughout the weekend.

Ringolevio in BK. The Skirt Steak you can cut with a spoon!
Ringolevio ??
Holy *%#!!
Wow!!
Ringolevio used to be a very popular game played outside by kids way back when - going back to the '70s - in (at least) Queens.
Recall that you had to say Ringolevio 123, 123, 123 if you caught somebody.

Last edited:
Maybe I’m getting bougie in my old age but, stay off the subways brother @gogeta4 Last I checked before Covid that **** was getting like a dark version of Gotham City. Looking by the daily reports I see it’s only getting worse. Get a rental, Uber, train, helicopter…anything but the subway. I just want you to be safe.
I take the subway to work every day. subways are filled with 20 year old girls. You’ll be fine, it’s part of the experience.

Advertisement
Going to Broadway...I think right off Myrtle AVe?. Im likely coming from up on 125th in Harlem. Ive been to NYC more than 5 times and NEVER been to Brooklyn. I never leave Harlem/Manhattan and usually rent a car..this time im gonna give public transport a run. You would think it would be easier to bus it more so than Subway?.

Ill hit Patsys in Harlem

Used to live right off Broadway-Myrtle.

Not too far from some interesting neighborhoods Bushwick and Williamsburg. Although it’s been a few years and things change drastically pretty quick there.

I take the subway to work every day. subways are filled with 20 year old girls. You’ll be fine, it’s part of the experience.
Interesting. Good to know. Last time I was there pre Covid it was sketchier than normal. Subways still safe. Apparently I am getting bougie in my old age 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ringolevio ??
Holy *%#!!
Wow!!
Ringolevio used to be a very popular game played outside by kids way back when - going back to the '70s - in (at least) Queens.
That’s it. My friend and his childhood friends opened the restaurant a few years ago. They named it after that game

Advertisement
Ringolevio ??
Holy *%#!!
Wow!!
My favorite all-time street game. Played it in the 60s. Epic matches. Took hours. Jail break!

Got it.

Thanks.

Yes im staying in Harlem as Usual. But wanna see Brooklyn this run. My fam is from harlem/ The bronx so i never leave those areas

Just download the CityMapper app. It gives great subway directions. It's free, too.

From 125th. The easiest commute with the least amount of walking is: Downtown D train to Broadway Lafayette. BK bound M train to Broadway/Myrtle.

Can't help you with burgers. Don't eat that.

As for pizza, that's extremely subjective. I don't think that there's any great pizza in Manhattan above 14th Street. The best pizza places are in BK.

Patsy's doesn't rank high on my list. I prefer Juliana's, which is directly under the BK bridge. Spumoni Gardens is also a well-regarded pizza spot.
Totonno's is great. But, it's way out in Coney Island. Those spots don't sell slices, though.

Paulie Gee's (again, in BK) is a good slice spot. Joe's is famous. But. it doesn't move the needle for me.

Again, all of this is just one man's opinion.

Enjoy your stay. And, don't be a jabroni and walk two and three abreast on the sidewalk.

Advertisement
My favorite all-time street game. Played it in the 60s. Epic matches. Took hours. Jail break!
👍
Awesome.
Not to digress too much, but did you ever play "skellie?" Think I had a multicolored bottle cap at one point filled with blue and red wax.

Advertisement
Back