OT:NBA regular season suspended

the data shows the rate for immuno-compromised..

c'mon now....

please stop...now back to.football...
?? Dude you’re joking right.

no pre-existing conditions
0.9%​

And most of the people that die from the flu have pre-existing conditions too..

Advertisement
It's way OT and kinda gallows humor but I was just having this debate with one of my boys last week.

The question was - What current actor would get the the biggest "In Memoriam" treatment at the Oscars if they dropped dead today?

My boy thought Pitt or DiCaprio or Meryl Streep.

I went with what I thought was the obvious choice....Tom Hanks.

Oh well. Hopefully he actually doesn't get to go reunite with Hooch anytime soon.

The most sane & humane thing we can do is to be fearful of COVID-19 so we exercise caution and stop its spread. Any action to the contrary jeopardizes the lives of millions of people (particularly the elderly, the very young & those with weak immune systems -- who absolutely can die from COVID-19).

A laissez-faire approach to COVID-19 will contribute to its spread (which will be widespread and potentially infect over 100 million people in the U.S. alone) and wipe out up to a million people with weak immune systems & respiratory problems who could have been saved had basic preventative measures been taken.

Anyone who says to the contrary is not thinking straight. Conducting life as normal presently poses a major threat to those most at-risk and society at large.

Millions of lives are at stake. The actions of each one of us are key to stopping the spread.

Curious.

Can you name a single American hospital system overwhelmed?

I didnt see patients on the street or in hallways in the news.
It is coming. The compounding effect is just starting. Spreaders (who take no precautions) will have the count up to 100 million in no time...just watch!!

Here you go...at least for US. I wasnt aware that gloablly these numbers are close to flu stats..just for US...hmmmmm

Now back to football....go Canes.
Lol... you mean hoops... oh wait NBA is toast, then tennis... oh shiit Indian Wells and now Miami Open are victims. Fvck it I’m gonna buy a boat and go fishing.
Go Canes!

Advertisement
Curious.

Can you name a single American hospital system overwhelmed?

I didnt see patients on the street or in hallways in the news.
How would you go about preventing something like this.. I wonder.. maybe cancelling large sporting events? No def not that

Simpleton central around here doesn't seem to grasp that it's somewhat difficult to identify people with this virus when you never actually test for it. The United States numbers in that regard are disgraceful:

This tonight from the Financial Times: https://www.ft.com/content/0be9b456-6414-11ea-a6cd-df28cc3c6a68

"Perhaps the biggest fallout of Mr Trump’s address was what he did not say. His most glaring omission was any plan to increase America’s capacity to test for infections. Epidemiologists say accurate testing is the single most effective method to counter the disease’s spread. It allows the authorities to isolate clusters, trace the movement of the virus and make critical decisions on where the biggest risks lie. That is what countries such as Taiwan, Singapore and South Korea have done so effectively without resorting to the draconian measures taken in China.

"The US has tested fewer than 6,000 people out of a population of 327m. By contrast, the Netherlands, with 17m people, is testing that many every day. South Korea, with 51m people, is testing 10,000 a day. The shortage of US kits stems from federal bureaucratic delays. One simple fix would be to import them from Germany, which are WHO-approved."

Advertisement
Guys
i live in the northern part of Italy (in Turin)and we are in complete lockdown

800 dead in 2 weeks, 12k infected, 1000 in intesive care units. Healthcare in Italy is the secondo best in the world as if WHO and it's completely free.

Please STAY HOME
this is really no joke, italian healtcare system and economy is really risking now
It is not a normal Flu

Guys
i live in the northern part of Italy (in Turin)and we are in complete lockdown

800 dead in 2 weeks, 12k infected, 1000 in intesive care units. Healthcare in Italy is the secondo best in the world as if WHO and it's completely free.

Please STAY HOME
this is really no joke, italian healtcare system and economy is really risking now
It is not a normal Flu
Serious question. How are you getting food? Can you go to markets?

It is not a Chinese lockdown, so we are allowed to leave the house to go buy food, medicines and work. I'm working at home at the moment.

Food retail is open and at the moment most of them have "bouncers" that limit the numer of people inside

It is a very serious situation. The mortality rate here is high because we have a old population but the real problem is that this virus puts a big percentage of poeple in intensive care (because it causes in some cases a very bad pneumonia and people cannot breathe on their own).
Intensiva care beds are limitedand are needed for evey other serious illness. Doctors in the northern part of Italy said that if huge counter measures are not implemented they will have to decide whogets cured and who dies.

I repeat Italy has a very good healthcare system and it is a right so everyone has access to it free. I know in the U.S.A it works in a different way

Please STAY HOME, Covid-19 is no joke

Advertisement
It is not a Chinese lockdown, so we are allowed to leave the house to go buy food, medicines and work. I'm working at home at the moment.

Food retail is open and at the moment most of them have "bouncers" that limit the numer of people inside

It is a very serious situation. The mortality rate here is high because we have a old population but the real problem is that this virus puts a big percentage of poeple in intensive care (because it causes in some cases a very bad pneumonia and people cannot breathe on their own).
Intensiva care beds are limitedand are needed for evey other serious illness. Doctors in the northern part of Italy said that if huge counter measures are not implemented they will have to decide whogets cured and who dies.

I repeat Italy has a very good healthcare system and it is a right so everyone has access to it free. I know in the U.S.A it works in a different way

Honestly, I think we need some more information coming out of Italy cause folks are hard headed here and think it's the flu. Propaganda has been working.

Stay safe and good luck!

The most sane & humane thing we can do is to be fearful of COVID-19 so we exercise caution and stop its spread. Any action to the contrary jeopardizes the lives of millions of people (particularly the elderly, the very young & those with weak immune systems -- who absolutely can die from COVID-19).

A laissez-faire approach to COVID-19 will contribute to its spread (which will be widespread and potentially infect over 100 million people in the U.S. alone) and wipe out up to a million people with weak immune systems & respiratory problems who could have been saved had basic preventative measures been taken.

Anyone who says to the contrary is not thinking straight. Conducting life as normal presently poses a major threat to those most at-risk and society at large.

Millions of lives are at stake. The actions of each one of us are key to stopping the spread.

This is a great post BTW. We need to think of each other here. Dumbasses spreading this are literally killing folks. I was just in a Raymond James branch yesterday and they had to shut down the Crystal River branch cause a couple of idiots met with their financial advisers right after flying home from Italy last week. People are in quarantine now because of some idiots dumb behavior. I applaud Raymond James for taking the steps they have as well.

listen, i was born the USA and i love the USA

i do not want to ignite panic but it looks like you guys are us 2 weeks a go.

A lot of people are saying : "it's a hoax, it's a normale flu, econonomy comes first". I can tell you what is going to happen step by step.

Coronovirus has no cure and no vaccine. Every vaccine that they are going to find need 1 year of testing. You recover with normal hospital treatments in case of normal symptons, intensive care in case of pneumonia and with time at home in case of mild condition
It has an infection rate of 2,5. Means that an infected person con infect 2 to 3 people

It does affect young people. Patient 1 here in Italy was an ahtlete and is 38 years old. I has been in intensive care for a month and came out of it yesterday and is in sub intensive care unit

10% of the illed at the moment need intensive care. The virus stays a lor with you. Recovery for mild sytnoms is a week, recovery for intesive care bad symptons is from 3 to 6 weeks. This is a huge number of people considering the enormous infection rate the virus has

IF ALL of Europe (France, Spain and Germany are going to be on lockdown byt the end of this week) has decided to close every single shop if nt for medicines, food and essential services there is a **** reason.

China close 60 milion poeple in complete lockdown, closed one of it's industrial sectors for 4 weeks. China! There is a reason

Please guys, it is serious

Advertisement

I can see the impact on ICU beds. I’m not sure we all can stay home here totally. Many schools have moved to online classes.

listen, i was born the USA and i love the USA

i do not want to ignite panic but it looks like you guys are us 2 weeks a go.

A lot of people are saying : "it's a hoax, it's a normale flu, econonomy comes first". I can tell you what is going to happen step by step.

Coronovirus has no cure and no vaccine. Every vaccine that they are going to find need 1 year of testing. You recover with normal hospital treatments in case of normal symptons, intensive care in case of pneumonia and with time at home in case of mild condition
It has an infection rate of 2,5. Means that an infected person con infect 2 to 3 people

It does affect young people. Patient 1 here in Italy was an ahtlete and is 38 years old. I has been in intensive care for a month and came out of it yesterday and is in sub intensive care unit

10% of the illed at the moment need intensive care. The virus stays a lor with you. Recovery for mild sytnoms is a week, recovery for intesive care bad symptons is from 3 to 6 weeks. This is a huge number of people considering the enormous infection rate the virus has

IF ALL of Europe (France, Spain and Germany are going to be on lockdown byt the end of this week) has decided to close every single shop if nt for medicines, food and essential services there is a **** reason.

China close 60 milion poeple in complete lockdown, closed one of it's industrial sectors for 4 weeks. China! There is a reason

Please guys, it is serious

Good luck.

Wish you and your beautiful country the best.

Hopefully, you’ve seen the worst.

Why do you think Italy has practically the highest death rate in the world, while the death rates of your neighbors to the north, Germany, Scandinavia, etc have so far, much much lower death rates. What are they doing right that Italy’s healthcare system failed to do?

Advertisement
Back