OT:NBA regular season suspended

Lost me on the second sentence. 48M hospitalizations out of 96M cases? That’s laughable. When you come out of the gate with idiocy like this, it’s hard to believe any of it. Let those numbers sink in.

I realize that is not you saying that, but this supposed expert.
The volume or the percentage? Why is that laughable? Those are world wide numbers.

Advertisement
The volume or the percentage? Why is that laughable?

right. in terms of numbers of people w this? its way more than being reported. currently, you cannot get tested at an ER unless you've traveled internationally recently. its incredibly hard to actually get tested.

right. in terms of numbers of people w this? its way more than being reported. currently, you cannot get tested at an ER unless you've traveled internationally recently. its incredibly hard to actually get tested.
The number is not what is current. The number is predicting the end result.

The volume or the percentage? Why is that laughable?

Because its a ridiculous number. 50% hospitalization rates?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19708796

Also, that would represent 15% of the entire US population being hospitalized. That’s complately insane and impossible.

Totally ridiculous.

read the NIH retrospective so that you can get an idea of what hospitalization rates actually are for infectious diseases in the United States. Also look at the hospitalization rates worldwide for the coronavirus. It’s not showing 50% hospitalization rates anywhere. Not even close.

Lost me on the second sentence. 48M hospitalizations out of 96M cases? That’s laughable. When you come out of the gate with idiocy like this, it’s hard to believe any of it. Let those numbers sink in.

I realize that is not you saying that, but this supposed expert.

And then hysterical people wonder why reasonable people stop listening to them...

Global numbers are no where close to 48MM hospitalizations...

These scientists so desperate to validate their life's work as "right"...

FFS.

Advertisement
I wonder how the sale of Corona has been impacted.

1583985901034.jpeg

Because its a ridiculous number. 50% hospitalization rates?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19708796

Also, that would represent 15% of the entire US population being hospitalized. That’s complately insane and impossible.

Totally ridiculous.

read the NIH retrospective so that you can get an idea of what hospitalization rates actually are for infectious diseases in the United States. Also look at the hospitalization rates worldwide for the coronavirus. It’s not showing 50% hospitalization rates anywhere. Not even close.
His numbers were end result after several months, and world wide.

And then hysterical people wonder why reasonable people stop listening to them...

Global numbers are no where close to 48MM hospitalizations...

These scientists so desperate to validate their life's work as "right"...

FFS.

its the end result not the current data as a poster explained

Advertisement
His numbers were end result after several months, and world wide.

Worldwide the total numbers make more sense. But not the hospitalization rate.

That’s an insane hospitalization rate. That can’t be right. 98 million total worldwide infection rate is definitely possible, since it represents about 1% of the earths population getting infected.

50% hospitalization rate is LA LA land, That’s never happened in the history of viral/infectious disease.

I'm sorry, I didn't read closely enough to find a question answerable..but let me try...

South Korea and US aren't experiencing hugher death rates than flu, in fact its LESS THAN flu, for healthy patients. CORRECT it is tougher and more lethal for IMMUNOCOMPRIMISED patients.

You can't be serious in comparing public health measures and overall human hygiene practices of the Spanish Flu years to modern Western Societies are you?

PS..Italy kinda isn't one.
We don’t know the overall death rate in the US. It’s too early.

And yes, South Korea is experiencing a much higher death rate than the flu. 7 times. And given they are testing much more rigorously than they do or anyone does for the flu, it’s probably higher than 7x.

China has a death rate of over 20x the flu, and given that their testing rate is more in line with that of the flu, it’s probably more accurate. But let’s say South Korea is more accurate.

It doesn’t matter if it’s more heavily skewed toward older people and those with comorbidities. If younger people don’t care and spread it, it will spread to older people and kill them. Get it yet?

But keep spreading misinformation because you’re close minded. Show me some real data that this is no worse than the flu. Here’s mine https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-death-rates-by-age-south-korea

The 30-50 age range has a death rate equivalent of the flu overall (in South Korea). Just like the coronavirus, the flu primarily kills older and those with preexisting conditions. The flu kills about .02% of those in the same age range. So according to South Korea’s data, it has a 5 times higher death rate than the flu for that age range.

Lastly, a significant part is the rate at which it infects people. A certain percent will have to be hospitalized. If the transmission rate is too high, and there are too many cases, hospitals will be overwhelmed and the death rate will skyrocket. THAT is why I brought up the Spanish flu. Cities that took intense precautions slowed the spread, and dramatically reduced the fatality rate. Cities that didn’t, had death rates up to 20% at the worst times.

Looking at our 2 arguments side by side, I’d say mine has more reasoning than yours. It uses actual data, while yours doesn’t. Yours makes claims with literally no proof. “The death rate is not higher”. It is. Let’s see if you’re smart enough to change your mind when presented with facts.

Advertisement

And yes, South Korea is experiencing a much higher death rate than the flu. 7 times. And given they are testing much more rigorously than they do or anyone does for the flu, it’s probably higher than 7x.

China has a death rate of over 20x the flu, and given that their testing rate is more in line with that of the flu, it’s probably more accurate. But let’s say South Korea is more accurate.

It doesn’t matter if it’s more heavily skewed toward older people and those with comorbidities. If younger people don’t care and spread it, it will spread to older people and kill them. Get it yet?

But keep spreading misinformation because you’re close minded. Show me some real data that this is no worse than the flu. Here’s mine https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-death-rates-by-age-south-korea

The 30-50 age range has a death rate equivalent of the flu overall (in South Korea). Just like the coronavirus, the flu primarily kills older and those with preexisting conditions. The flu kills about .02% of those in the same age range. So according to South Korea’s data, it has a 5 times higher death rate than the flu for that age range.

Lastly, a significant part is the rate at which it infects people. A certain percent will have to be hospitalized. If the transmission rate is too high, and there are too many cases, hospitals will be overwhelmed and the death rate will skyrocket. THAT is why I brought up the Spanish flu. Cities that took intense precautions slowed the spread, and dramatically reduced the fatality rate. Cities that didn’t, had death rates up to 20% at the worst times.

Looking at our 2 arguments side by side, I’d say mine has more reasoning than yours. It uses actual data, while yours doesn’t. Yours makes claims with literally no proof. “The death rate is not higher”. It is. Let’s see if you’re smart enough to change your mind when presented with facts.

I posted all the data, by patient, by pre-existing condition days ago in another thread.

Go find it, I'm to lazy.

Supporting your argument, you aren't going to like what you see.

😬😷

Not correct. What it is, is a projection. A guess of the end result. Not the end result.

And 50% hospitalization is dumb dumb dumb.

ok we can just wait and see. not saying hes going to be right and sure hope not, but we just dont know a lot of info about this and current numbers in the US bc of the lack of info/testing/etc

Worldwide the total numbers make more sense. But not the hospitalization rate.

That’s an insane hospitalization rate. That can’t be right. 98 million total worldwide infection rate is definitely possible, since it represents about 1% of the earths population getting infected.

50% hospitalization rate is LA LA land, That’s never happened in the history of viral/infectious disease.
Maybe. But, he has been studying infectious diseases and how and why they spread for long time. Listen to the first 30-40 minutes of the podcast. I’m not qualified to disagree or agree.

Advertisement

Go find my other posts......its all there...amd doesnt support what you assert above.

The crowd precautions are an insurance policy.

People need to take it upon themselves to practice strict social distancing instead of fighting over toilet paper and tampons.

People are just focusing on the wrong things.

Once the tests become more abundantly available, we’ll have a better idea of where we stand and go from there.

My concern is the thousands of Americans that returned from China in the months of December and January. They’ve had a lot of time to spread it. That’s when it was spreading like crazy in China and the Chinese were hiding it initially.

Advertisement
Back