OT : NBA no longer uses the word owner ; uses governor instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Progressive NBA letting the inmates run the show.

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver now says that the league has “moved away” from using the term “owner,” because he is “sensitive” to the racial connotations some apply to the word.
Early in June, some voices started calling for an end to the use of the term for owners of NBA teams because some claim to be uncomfortable using the term due to America’s history of slavery.

Several teams already started employing different terms to call team owners to avoid the “racially insensitive” term of “owner,” Breitbart reported on June 3.

Several days later, activist actor and rapper Common picked up on the controversy and proclaimed “Nobody owns us.”

Now the NBA’s commissioner is speaking out in agreement on the matter.

“I don’t want to overreact to the term because, as I said earlier, people end up twisting themselves into knots avoiding the use of the word owner,” Silver told TMZ. “But we moved away from that term years ago in the league.”

“We call our team owners ‘Governor of the team’ and ‘alternate Governor,'” Silver added. “I’m sensitive to it, and I think to the extent teams are moving away from the term, we’ll stick with using Governor.”

Silver admitted that some players have spoken up inside the league and said that the term “owner” is not a problem for them. He even noted that when Michael Jordan was able to call himself an owner, it was “the greatest thing that ever happened.”

Still, Silver concluded saying, “But, of course, Draymond Green has been very public about the fact that we should be moving away from the term … and I completely respect that.”

Silver was referring to a segment of LeBron James’ talk show, The Shop, where Warriors forward Draymond Green bristled at the term late last year.

“You shouldn’t say owner,” Green said at the time. Green added that owners should be called CEOs or majority shareholder, or some other term because it was insensitive to say a white man owns the labor of black men.

Since then at least two teams, the Philadelphia 76ers and the L.A. Clippers, have decided to dump the term

What
The

Green does realize blacks, whites, south americans, etc. play in the NBA as well, right?? Right??

America is ****ed

Do you own your house?

What happens if you don’t pay your property taxes, Guvna?

I have the deeds to this and other houses. along with all the property and legal rights that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of Florida says that I am entitled to have by possessing them

As for property taxes.... Jesus says in Matthew 22:21 "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and stop trying to get into MainLineCane's personal business."

Your point Guvna???

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great another thread telling black people how they should feel and properly react to their experiences. Audacious Paternalism all over the site today.

SOMEONE GET THIS MAN TO A SAFE SPACE DIAL 911 SOMEONE HURRY BEFORE HE GETS BULLIED OR SOMETHING HALP THIS MAN SOMEONE

I have the deeds to this and other houses...

Your point Guvna???

I had to get all up in your business to make this point:

You may own the houses, but if you don’t pay your taxes they will Donald Sterling the whole thing right out from under you.

So maybe you’re not really an owner after all. Maybe you’re just a...Guvna.

That is correct Guvna .....I agree 100%

As Donald Sterling learned that the hard way ...you don't own your franchise...you Can be forced to sell your interest/investment if the NBA so wishes.....IF you truly "owned" it no one could tell you anything about how you operate your organization

So the "NBA Owners" were never owners to begin with

So as a franchisee......In the NBA , as an investor ...you are called whatever the NBA says you should be called

But they'll always be Guvna's to me
Lol Big facts.

Advertisement
I had to get all up in your business to make this point:

You may own the houses, but if you don’t pay your taxes they will Donald Sterling the whole thing right out from under you.

So maybe you’re not really an owner after all. Maybe you’re just a...Guvna.

Hmmm Really? That was it? ....I guess I took all the air outta that plan....am I supposed to feel insulted? If so it didn't work .

Did I say I was an owner? Read my response

BUT ......YES ddann I'm a GREAT Guvna for the deeds of the homes I have lol.

Last edited:
Do you own your house?

What happens if you don’t pay your property taxes, Guvna?

Full ownership of a home is not achieved until the mortgage(s) are paid in full.

Partial ownership of a home remains as you pay down the outstanding balance from what was likely the majority owner (lending institution) at the outset.

After making millions of dollars putting a leather ball through a hole Green felt he needed to find a greater purpose to his life.

And this was it.

Advertisement
Full ownership of a home is not achieved until the mortgage(s) are paid in full.

Partial ownership of a home remains as you pay down the outstanding balance from what was likely the majority owner (lending institution) at the outset.

OF course

When you have the deed the house is yours.....before then .....the mortgage company/bank whoever controls the deed until all the financial obligations are met

I've met all of mine ......so I was given the deeds

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pay me what Lebron makes and you can call me your property or anything else you want to.
Lebron making more money off the court than on..craziest part..and as a man I don’t think you’d go for that level of disrespect

That is actually incorrect; u never truly own your home. If u don’t pay ur taxes, the city will put a tax lien on ur home, and if u don’t pay the tax lien in the appropriate amount of time, then you will be evicted and that bad boy will be up for auction.

Even if do pay ur taxes, if the city/county decides to build a transport system and ur house is in its way, there’s something called eminent domain. So in actuality, ur home ownership is a partnership w the government, in a sense.

Rel, I hear you, but everyone considers the above ownership. Having said that, people own things in a country, state, county, city, township, and even HOA neighborhoods and have to abide by those governing bodies taxes. Taxes that pay for a plethora of things, so essentially it's one big HOA.

Rel, I hear you, but everyone considers the above ownership. Having said that, people own things in a country, state, county, city, township, and even HOA neighborhoods and have to abide by those governing bodies taxes. Taxes that pay for a plethora of things, so essentially it's one big HOA.

Oh no; I agree. I’m just being petty to make a point. ****, do u own ur car? Not really b/c u gotta pay registration/yr, & smog fees (CA), every two yrs. But can’t NOBODY tell u, u don’t own that car, right? Just like nobody can tell u, u don’t own ur house, even if there’s a mortgage.

So going back to this whole NBA thing, Yes u have to file, and be voted, but after that, u r considered an owner of that franchise. What’s the big deal? U’re an owner w employees (VP of Basketball Ops, Scouting Directors, GMs, President, players). Not sure y Green & LBJ have considered this offensive? ESPECIALLY W THESE MOFOS MAKING $20m+/yr GUARONETEED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back