OT : NBA no longer uses the word owner ; uses governor instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
GOTT**** NOT GOING TO LIE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO JUDGE THIS ONE IF I BOUGHT THE FRANCHISE I OWN THE FRANCHISE THE PLAYERS ARE MY EMPLOYEES NOT MY PROPERTY BUT I OWN THE FRANCHISE............ I'M THE MOST PRO BLACK ***** ON THIS PLANET BUT SOMETIMES SOME **** IS JUST STIRRING THE POT FOR NO REASON......... WANNA PROTEST POLICE BRUTALITY MY ***** I'M WITH YOU WANT TO PROTEST OVER INCARCERATION OF MY PEOPLE FOR THE SAME CRIMES COMMITTED I'M RIOTING WITH YOU.......... THIS IS JUST ***** THIS IS SOME BETA MALE **** TO ME I WON'T KNOCK THEY CAUSE BUT THAT DON'T MEAN I GOTTA SUPPORT THAT **** EITHER.

THIS COUNTRY IS SLOWLY BECOMING A BUNCH OF OUCH IT HURTS PUSS.IE.S ........YOU'RE A MEANIE WHO BULLIES PEOPLE...... BACK INTO THE SHADOWS I GO.

What I have to say is you better be at the gayturd game in Orlando.

There’s hundreds of redneck **** fans waiting to catch your hands

As elaborate and true your examples have been, nothing you listed can be argued against ...still, your missing point. The NBA especially this new regime views its player not as commodity but as partners. They understand that these guys are the cash cows and collectively have more power then ever before. Look at the top players in the league. If a owner came out and said something crazy about lebron or Steph or any of the top guys there would be soo much pressure on that owner step down.

Men like Donald sterling for instance, and he’s not the only one, have indeed thought of its players in a “I have ownership of you” or I’m the reason you live the lifestyle you do view. Which for any grown man who worked hard for where he made it from and too is demeaning. Men like that buy an organization. But they don’t really own it. They are in a partnership role with the league and it’s players. In fact the de facto “owner” if you want to simplify it to that simple term is indeed the commissioner who is appointed by the men who reside over the teams. It’s like if A common citizen says I own America( white nationalist think along these terms) because I pay taxes and I vote on the commander and chief and if I wanted to I can have him removed. But ofc sane ppl know that they don’t own the presidential position.

Just like you heAr so many say it’s a privilege not a right to play in a professional league, it’s also not a right to be in partnership with the nba.
The part I bolded mostly resembles the role of “ownership”in sports. Yes as a person who bought a restaurant and decides to employ workers they are indeed a employer. But I’m sure you wouldn’t say the employer owns the employees. It’s only in professional sports this seems to get mixed up.

**** I rambled a lot lol. I’ll sum it up to this: why does anybody have a problem with this change by the nba. They rightfully view their players not as commodities but as partners. So if a business partner(s) raises a issue about something in the business, what’s the problem with it being changed?

This was actually a question that was raised in a college course I took.

So are you saying when they purchase these franchises, they are not owners but partners?

Advertisement
GOTT**** NOT GOING TO LIE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO JUDGE THIS ONE IF I BOUGHT THE FRANCHISE I OWN THE FRANCHISE THE PLAYERS ARE MY EMPLOYEES NOT MY PROPERTY BUT I OWN THE FRANCHISE............ I'M THE MOST PRO BLACK ***** ON THIS PLANET BUT SOMETIMES SOME **** IS JUST STIRRING THE POT FOR NO REASON......... WANNA PROTEST POLICE BRUTALITY MY ***** I'M WITH YOU WANT TO PROTEST OVER INCARCERATION OF MY PEOPLE FOR THE SAME CRIMES COMMITTED I'M RIOTING WITH YOU.......... THIS IS JUST ***** THIS IS SOME BETA MALE **** TO ME I WON'T KNOCK THEY CAUSE BUT THAT DON'T MEAN I GOTTA SUPPORT THAT **** EITHER.

THIS COUNTRY IS SLOWLY BECOMING A BUNCH OF OUCH IT HURTS PUSS.IE.S ........YOU'RE A MEANIE WHO BULLIES PEOPLE...... BACK INTO THE SHADOWS I GO.
What he said!!!!

The NBA will solve this in the way that best suits their future interests....not anyone else's sensibilities

They really dont give a sh*t how much this upsets those outside of the sport who are NOT Guvna 's or Players

I accept the fact that I have no vote on this matter

And I for one will enjoy my season tickets just as much however they decide

Advertisement
Progressive NBA letting the inmates run the show.

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver now says that the league has “moved away” from using the term “owner,” because he is “sensitive” to the racial connotations some apply to the word.
Early in June, some voices started calling for an end to the use of the term for owners of NBA teams because some claim to be uncomfortable using the term due to America’s history of slavery.

Several teams already started employing different terms to call team owners to avoid the “racially insensitive” term of “owner,” Breitbart reported on June 3.

Several days later, activist actor and rapper Common picked up on the controversy and proclaimed “Nobody owns us.”

Now the NBA’s commissioner is speaking out in agreement on the matter.

“I don’t want to overreact to the term because, as I said earlier, people end up twisting themselves into knots avoiding the use of the word owner,” Silver told TMZ. “But we moved away from that term years ago in the league.”

“We call our team owners ‘Governor of the team’ and ‘alternate Governor,'” Silver added. “I’m sensitive to it, and I think to the extent teams are moving away from the term, we’ll stick with using Governor.”

Silver admitted that some players have spoken up inside the league and said that the term “owner” is not a problem for them. He even noted that when Michael Jordan was able to call himself an owner, it was “the greatest thing that ever happened.”

Still, Silver concluded saying, “But, of course, Draymond Green has been very public about the fact that we should be moving away from the term … and I completely respect that.”

Silver was referring to a segment of LeBron James’ talk show, The Shop, where Warriors forward Draymond Green bristled at the term late last year.

“You shouldn’t say owner,” Green said at the time. Green added that owners should be called CEOs or majority shareholder, or some other term because it was insensitive to say a white man owns the labor of black men.

Since then at least two teams, the Philadelphia 76ers and the L.A. Clippers, have decided to dump the term

So did the players elect the individual who signs their paychecks?

So are you saying when they purchase these franchises, they are not owners but partners?
I look at it like this, I can go apply for a chick fil a operator or franchise for 10,000 initial fee. Even if you approved you don’t own it. You can go apply for “ “ownership”of a NBA team for I think 1,000,000..if you get approved by I think 3/4 governors votes, at that point your in partnership with the NBA.

Advertisement

As always, LOVE the all caps.

Keep it real.

Advertisement
I look at it like this, I can go apply for a chick fil a operator or franchise for 10,000 initial fee. Even if you approved you don’t own it. You can go apply for “ “ownership”of a NBA team for I think 1,000,000..if you get approved by I think 3/4 governors votes, at that point your in partnership with the NBA.

That is correct Guvna .....I agree 100%

As Donald Sterling learned that the hard way ...you don't own your franchise...you Can be forced to sell your interest/investment if the NBA so wishes.....IF you truly "owned" it no one could tell you anything about how you operate your organization

So the "NBA Owners" were never owners to begin with

So as a franchisee......In the NBA , as an investor ...you are called whatever the NBA says you should be called

But they'll always be Guvna's to me

I can't help but think that the NBA saw what happened to the NFL the past few years when some players started speaking out, and it scares the **** out of them.

Ever since Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, has an NBA player protested the national anthem? It's that type of **** that has Adam Silver and his "governors" scared shytless to the point where a dude like Draymond Green can change how we refer to owners. Embarrassing.

As Donald Sterling learned that the hard way ...you don't own your franchise...you Can be forced to sell your interest/investment if the NBA so wishes.....IF you truly "owned" it no one could tell you anything about how you operate your organization

So the "NBA Owners" were never owners to begin with

Do you own your house?

What happens if you don’t pay your property taxes, Guvna?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back