OT: NBA lottery

Advertisement
Pelicans are the Miami Dolphins of the NBA....Totally clueless....Horrible ownership and brutal management...May change now that Dell Demps is out of there....

Beyond stunned that the Knicks or the Lakers didn't win the lottery in a Patrick Ewing level scam....

NBA execs have to be cringing that Zion is gonna be stuck in a tiny, mostly irrelevant market like New Orleans and that Ja Morant is likely headed to Memphis, another tiny, mostly irrelevant NBA market....

Not at all a deep draft like last year's stacked talent card...falls off a cliff after #3....Odds of Heat getting an impact player at #13 are about the same odds that Megan Fox is giving me a hummer by midnight tonight....
Did you get that Hummer by midnight? Curious if there will be any talent left at 13.

If I'm the Pelicans - I try to add a shooter to go with Davis, Zion, and Holiday and try to make a run the first half of the year.

If it works, maybe it's enough to convince Davis to stay.

If it doesn't, trade Davis before the deadline. You may not get as much, but you still get a similar deal and at least you made a run at it.

If I'm the Pelicans - I try to add a shooter to go with Davis, Zion, and Holiday and try to make a run the first half of the year.

If it works, maybe it's enough to convince Davis to stay.

If it doesn't, trade Davis before the deadline. You may not get as much, but you still get a similar deal and at least you made a run at it.

Pels could make some noise with Zion and the pieces they pick up from Davis.

Advertisement
Happy for my grizzlies at #2. JA Morant can learn from Mike Conley for a year and then take over as primary ball handler. Also satisfied with the Hawks. I was hoping they would get #1 pick to have Zion pair up with Trey Young & John Collins. But at 8 and 10. I hope Cam Reddish falls to 8 and they should take Bol Bol at 10. Thats Trey Young, Cam Reddish, John Collins and Bol Bol to build on for the next decade.

NO aint giving up Zion, he puts people in the seats they lose mad money if they trade him, 0% chance Zion gets traded hes a phenom

Knicks are getting rid of barret ( third pick), NO will have them. Davis will be a knick.

I think he’s a phenomenal athlete but I don’t think he’s going to be close to what everyone thinks. I don’t see Kobe or Lbj.

I like how the new lottery format rewarded teams that didn't blatantly tank like the Knicks and Cavs.

Tonight's results can finally put to bed that conspiracy theory about the NBA lottery being rigged. If it was, no way in **** does Zion go to the Pelicans and Morant to Memphis. When NY and LA made the top 4 I was starting to get concerned they'd pick 1-2.

When LA was in the top 4 I was definitely thinking this ***** rigged if they somehow get Zion to LA. That top 4 pick does help the Lakers with a possible Anthony Davis trade tho.

Advertisement
Knicks are getting rid of barret, NO will have them
Kn
Happy for my grizzlies at #2. JA Morant can learn from Mike Conley for a year and then take over as primary ball handler. Also satisfied with the Hawks. I was hoping they would get #1 pick to have Zion pair up with Trey Young & John Collins. But at 8 and 10. I hope Cam Reddish falls to 8 and they should take Bol Bol at 10. Thats Trey Young, Cam Reddish, John Collins and Bol Bol to build on for the next decade.

Conley probably gets traded, I’d imagine before the draft

Knicks are getting rid of barret ( third pick), NO will have them. Davis will be a knick.

I think he’s a phenomenal athlete but I don’t think he’s going to be close to what everyone thinks. I don’t see Kobe or Lbj.
i think we offer for AD, also Zion special that explosiveness cant be taught. To me hes Shaq with lebron explosiveness

What makes you all think NY trade offer would be better than LAs?

#3 plus Knox, Frank N, Mitchell Robinson etc or #4 plus Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Hart etc? Come on now.

Unless the Celtics are going to gut their team to potentially rent AD for a year, the lotto didn’t help them.

Going to be an interesting offseason.

What makes you all think NY trade offer would be better than LAs?

#3 plus Knox, Frank N, Mitchell Robinson etc or #4 plus Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Hart etc? Come on now.

Unless the Celtics are going to gut their team to potentially rent AD for a year, the lotto didn’t help them.

Going to be an interesting offseason.
I'd be surprised the Knicks or Lakers offer that much, but that Lakers hypothetical trade is better because what are the Pels going to do with Zion, Randle, Knox, and Robinson? One has to be on the bench at all times, whereas the Lakers can offer a package whereby everyone starts (Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Zion).

Advertisement
Poor kid going to an NBA wasteland. American sports needs to put an end to having small market teams be a thing. 20 team leagues in the biggest markets in the nation is the way to go.

This chit was fixed, period. The whole AD drama storyline was Pels would be willing to trade AD if they got the #1 pick in a trade. Now they have the #1 pick, and wouldn't you know, the LAL get the #4 pick and we all know LeBron hates rookies, so what better trade than to get the #4 pick for AD along w/ Kuz and Ball. Win/Win for LBJ and LAL and Pels.

I never trust the NBA's "random" draft.

You think adding AD makes the Lakers into a top playoff team next year?

So much Zion sack sucking last night, it was embarrassing to watch, especially with RJ sitiing at the same table.

I was expecting the girl to slip under the table and suck him off live.

I agree, I would take Ja. F dook.

Advertisement
I'd be surprised the Knicks or Lakers offer that much, but that Lakers hypothetical trade is better because what are the Pels going to do with Zion, Randle, Knox, and Robinson? One has to be on the bench at all times, whereas the Lakers can offer a package whereby everyone starts (Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Zion).
Randle can opt out of his contract

You think adding AD makes the Lakers into a top playoff team next year?

In LBJ's mind, yes. lol. I used to love AD until this year. I can't recall a season where he hasn't been hurt. Plus, if the Lakers are foolish enough to break their whole young core for one guy, I'm not sure how LAL will be anything other than an exciting team to talk about with two sure fire HOFers and a 1st to 2nd round exit. LBJ w/ AD is still not beating GSW. I don't think they are beating Houston, either. I see them sliding into the #4 or #5 seed, only.

I see what D'Angelo Russell is now doing, I see what Julius Randle is now doing; two guys the Lakers gave up on, and I think it would be a huge mistake to give up on their current pups when we already seen the progress of Ingram and Kuz. Ball was having the team rolling when they inserted him into the starting line up after Rondo got injured, and they started falling off when he, too, got injured. Even though he can't shoot worth a ****, he pushes the ball, has great court vision, a willing rebounder, and pretty good defender.

Honestly, I don't like The Lakers, so what they do, I can give two fcks about, really. lol. I told everyone when they got LBJ, don't expect a title...expect drama.

I agree with this. I think Zion will ultimately be a 20/10 guy for his career but not on the level of a Kawhi, Lebron, Durant, Giannis. He'll still be very good and a multiple time all-star. Ja looks like a better passing Lillard with more athleticism. I saw him play against Auburn and the NCAA torunament, and he looks flat out awesome and is super creative with the ball.

Started following Ja mid season and he has such an advanced games and basically playing with no one on his team. U know how hard it is to find a b-ball player that can use both hands?!! And yes I’m including nba players.
Kid has handle, above average athletic ability, brains and can shoot? Watch this kid blossom.

In LBJ's mind, yes. lol. I used to love AD until this year. I can't recall a season where he hasn't been hurt. Plus, if the Lakers are foolish enough to break their whole young core for one guy, I'm not sure how LAL will be anything other than an exciting team to talk about with two sure fire HOFers and a 1st to 2nd round exit. LBJ w/ AD is still not beating GSW. I don't think they are beating Houston, either. I see them sliding into the #4 or #5 seed, only.

I see what D'Angelo Russell is now doing, I see what Julius Randle is now doing; two guys the Lakers gave up on, and I think it would be a huge mistake to give up on their current pups when we already seen the progress of Ingram and Kuz. Ball was having the team rolling when they inserted him into the starting line up after Rondo got injured, and they started falling off when he, too, got injured. Even though he can't shoot worth a ****, he pushes the ball, has great court vision, a willing rebounder, and pretty good defender.

Honestly, I don't like The Lakers, so what they do, I can give two fcks about, really. lol. I told everyone when they got LBJ, don't expect a title...expect drama.

Couldn’t agree more. AD might make them into a fringe playoff team along with LBJ, but that’s it. Just like you said: early first or second round exit. In fact I don’t think they’d make it to the second round.

Advertisement
Back