OT: NBA lottery

Advertisement
Agreed - Their drafting for where they sat has been fine. The issue is giving these massive salaries to JAGs that killed any shot of targeting the whales in free agency to put around the Winslow, Richardson, Bam type of pieces. They built nice depth through those draft slots.

spurs found leonard, PG was like 10 or something, Giannis was 15. sekou was the guy i wanted but alas its over now. the part about herro that sucks is that he seems to be unplayable on D due to his physical limitations. he better be an ELITE shooter (35% from 3 in college is WOOF w the talent around him and his supposed strength of shooting but FT shooting was rock solid at 93 percent so u know he can shoot). hes gonna struggle to finish tho. heeres hoping he showed something in the work outs like bam did

**** yeah. He valued darko more than any of them and that's just crazy. He has no clue how to evaluate players. Anyone he has ever hit on he lucked into. Best one besides wade he ever drafted himself was probably kurt Thomas and that's just sad honestly... I just dont understand how Mickey doesnt understand this long time ago and hire someone for draft purposes solely.

caron butler was pretty good that they turned into shaq (obviously add odom and grant)

Also there is something not right about Bol Bol health wise. It was reported that he was barely 200 pounds. I know he's been out hurt but that's extremely low for guy that's listed at 7'3.
Yea, I really don't get why Heat fans crying about not keeping him. When you're 7'3 and skilled and every team pass on you in the 1st round, that's a red flag. If they really thought he was the next Porzingis, he probably goes before Barrett injury or not. He gonna have to take a redshirt year just to put on weight before he even touch an NBA court.

spurs found leonard, PG was like 10 or something, Giannis was 15. sekou was the guy i wanted but alas its over now. the part about herro that sucks is that he seems to be unplayable on D due to his physical limitations. he better be an ELITE shooter (35% from 3 in college is WOOF but FT shooting was rock solid at 93 percent so u know he can shoot).

For sure those guys can be found, but they are the heavy exception to the rule. There are a few notable stars drafted in that 10-15 range over the years, but there have been way, way more JAGs and busts than stars. Draymond and Jokic are always pointed out as what you can find in the second round... but they are 2 guys out of 30 that are chosen over multiple years. Definitely less cracks to slip through in the NBA as opposed to other leagues, and even fewer when you are a franchise like the Heat who is just not big on international players.

Advertisement
The Nets ****ed us signing him to that offer sheet. It was crazy back loaded.

Nets did that to a lot of teams in the post-Celtics trade world. Allen Crabbe, Otto Porter, Johnson, Montiejunas just off the top of my head. They did it to a few other players, too. Also, the threat of the Nets offering a deal for lower end roster players made teams re-up players to overpays before they hit the signing period.

With that said...Nets didn't fvck the Heat...Heat were dumb dumbs for matching. Same with the Wizards, Blazers, and Rockets. Now the Nets are sitting here as a playoff team with two max slots and a team full of under team control established - good - young players. They are either going to swing for the fences and land Kyrie/Durant and go for a championship or if that fails, can just re-up Russell and sign a power forward (Tobias Harris or Julius Randle) and some role players and be a Top 4 Eastern Conference team for a long while. Can't say Sean Marks is a dummy or that Kenny Atkinson is a bad coach. Nets in a good place right now. Dare I say in a better position than Boston after that much maligned trade.

For sure those guys can be found, but they are the heavy exception to the rule. There are a few notable stars drafted in that 10-15 range over the years, but there have been way, way more JAGs and busts than stars. Draymond and Jokic are always pointed out as what you can find in the second round... but they are 2 guys out of 30 that are chosen over multiple years. Definitely less cracks to slip through in the NBA as opposed to other leagues, and even fewer when you are a franchise like the Heat who is just not big on international players.

manu was a second rounder too i think. parker was late first. obviously, theyre exceptions considering the odds tho. siakam was also late first.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back