OT: NBA lottery

Couldn’t agree more. AD might make them into a fringe playoff team along with LBJ, but that’s it. Just like you said: early first or second round exit. In fact I don’t think they’d make it to the second round.

Agreed. These LAL fans r so entitled, including their new superstar. LBJ is trying to microwave a title contender, and if LAL uproot their core for AD, it will provide very little immediate dividends, while setting LAL for dire consequences long term.

Advertisement
Started following Ja mid season and he has such an advanced games and basically playing with no one on his team. U know how hard it is to find a b-ball player that can use both hands?!! And yes I’m including nba players.
Kid has handle, above average athletic ability, brains and can shoot? Watch this kid blossom.

I begged for the #2 pick, and the NBA gave us #7 AGAIN! I wanted Ja so bad. He paired w/ LeVine would be unbelievable. I think he's the next GOAT at the pg position, imo. If he stays healthy, he'll be that one.

I change my mind on LA. I’d deal with the Knicks before LA. They have better players. Get Knox, Dennis Smith, Barrett, and maybe someone else. Not bad. Do they have the cap room for Durant, Kyrie, Hardaway, and AD? That would be a sick lineup.

Agreed. These LAL fans r so entitled, including their new superstar. LBJ is trying to microwave a title contender, and if LAL uproot their core for AD, it will provide very little immediate dividends, while setting LAL for dire consequences long term.

LBJ has lost “it”

And by “it” I mean his drive to win championships.

At this point, he just wants to play on a respectable team that makes the playoffs.

As a person, I’m not putting him down. He’s one of the smartest, and aside from Tiger, probably the most financially successful athlete of all time.

But the move to LA wasn’t about ships, it was about furthering his post basketball career. So when winning championships is not your singular focus, you don’t win championships. It’s a simple as that. That’s how it works.

Also, he’s a failure as a general manager. That Cleveland team could’ve won maybe one or two more, if he had allowed maybe someone with a little more acumen like a Reilly or whoever was there, some input into personnel decisions. But he had to do it all himself.

LA fans can lie to themselves if they want, but he’s not gonna win any championships with the Lakers. His mind is elsewhere now, as much as he may deny it.

I begged for the #2 pick, and the NBA gave us #7 AGAIN! I wanted Ja so bad. He paired w/ LeVine would be unbelievable. I think he's the next GOAT at the pg position, imo. If he stays healthy, he'll be that one.

Yeah you guys with him or Zion would’ve been very interesting. Bulls have a nice going nucleus. Any money for a top free agent?

Advertisement
I'd be surprised the Knicks or Lakers offer that much, but that Lakers hypothetical trade is better because what are the Pels going to do with Zion, Randle, Knox, and Robinson? One has to be on the bench at all times, whereas the Lakers can offer a package whereby everyone starts (Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Zion).

Yea I doubt they offer all of that too. My point is just that they can offer a better package than NY IMO.

Also, he’s a failure as a general manager. That Cleveland team could’ve won maybe one or two more, if he had allowed maybe someone with a little more acumen like a Reilly or whoever was there, some input into personnel decisions. But he had to do it all himself.

LOL...Cavs had 5 lottery picks after King James left, and the only one who's still on the team is Tristan Thompson...absolute worse front office in basketball, I wouldn't want their input either.

LOL...Cavs had 5 lottery picks after King James left, and the only one who's still on the team is Tristan Thompson...absolute worse front office in basketball, I wouldn't want their input either.

Alli know is, they had the pieces to win just by adding LBJ. Of course, then he starts playing GM and alienates KI and had it royally fūcked by the time he left.

I don’t know who was there before he got there the second time, or who was there after he left, but he had a team in place to win. Somebody must’ve done something right. Until he started fūcking with it.

Alli know is, they had the pieces to win just by adding LBJ. Of course, then he starts playing GM and alienates KI and had it royally fūcked by the time he left.

I don’t know who was there before he got there the second time, or who was there after he left, but he had a team in place to win. Somebody must’ve done something right. Until he started fūcking with it.

I agree, the pieces were in place to beat a Kevin Durant - less Warriors team. With Kevin Durant, the Warriors are almost unstoppable and much better than any Cleveland team that Lebron was on.

I think any issues with Kyrie were mutual and not a simple matter of Lebron alienating him. Kyrie wanted to go somewhere and be the man (failed) and he even called Lebron to apologize earlier this season once he realized how difficult being the man truly is.

Advertisement
This chit was fixed, period. The whole AD drama storyline was Pels would be willing to trade AD if they got the #1 pick in a trade. Now they have the #1 pick, and wouldn't you know, the LAL get the #4 pick and we all know LeBron hates rookies, so what better trade than to get the #4 pick for AD along w/ Kuz and Ball. Win/Win for LBJ and LAL and Pels.

I never trust the NBA's "random" draft.

Holla at the boy on this one. Just switch Kuz w Ingram.

Lol..how you gonna say it’s fixed when the ******* pelicans win the lottery bro..I can see if it was the knicks which was the no brainer and needs a star and hype. Or the lakers won it..the pelicans are not trading AD too LA. They admitted to sabotaging the lakers season with the leaks during the year..”we all know lebron hates rookies” lmao bruh media got some of y’all believing this lebron runs organizations narrative..Norris coles says hi..boobie Gibson says what’s up..******* Mathew delli would like a word with you..all 3 rookies or young guys who had no problem with lebron

Holla at me, bruh. Lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Trade was a win win for both teams. The Lakers just got a 26 year old 3 time all nba first team player who will be there for years to come and gave up no proven players. Zo is good defensively but he’s got huge holes in his game offensively(dude shot 40% from the FOUL line), BI has potential that he hasn’t reached yet but he was gonna be involved regardless bc Griff loves him. I like Josh Hart but come on, there are 3 and D players everywhere, and he regressed this year. The #4 pick was a given, and the other picks will likely be in the 20s and even if they aren’t, who cares? Getting a rare talent like AD is worth it.

They couldn’t risk low balling NO and losing him like PG or Kawhi. They had to get it done and kept Kuzma. Win for NO bc AD put them in a tough spot and they still got some decent assets to build around. Don’t let your hate for the Lakers/Bron cloud your common sense though. Who should they have held out of the deal and risked ******* it up for? Zo, Hart? Some future 1st in 2025? Stop it.

Good foresight, but I wouldn't call this trade a win for the Lakers. They gave up the farm for AD. They could have gotten him for less.

They gave up a guy who has missed 83 games, a guy that has blood clot issues, a bench guy, a valueless #4 pick (which LBJ hates playing w rookies), and several 1st round picks that will be lower tier based upon The Lakers seasons. Annnnnd they got to keep Kuzma!

This was a fleece, my guy. Legit.

LBJ has lost “it”

And by “it” I mean his drive to win championships.

At this point, he just wants to play on a respectable team that makes the playoffs.

As a person, I’m not putting him down. He’s one of the smartest, and aside from Tiger, probably the most financially successful athlete of all time.

But the move to LA wasn’t about ships, it was about furthering his post basketball career. So when winning championships is not your singular focus, you don’t win championships. It’s a simple as that. That’s how it works.

LA fans can lie to themselves if they want, but he’s not gonna win any championships with the Lakers. His mind is elsewhere now, as much as he may deny it.
Did you even hear of a guy named Michael Jordan, his sneakers, and his ownership stake in the Bobcats? If you use the word "probably", you basically lose the effect of knowing what you are talking about.

The Lakers gave up too much. They had all the leverage, AD came out and said he only wanted LA or NY, but NY wasn't willing to part with nearly as much as LA did. Boston wasn't getting rid of Tatum and AD didn't even want to go to Boston.

This was the result of a horribly run Lakers team feeling immense pressure to add a star alongside LeBron during his brief remaining window to win a title. But they went and mortgaged the future by doing so.

Advertisement
Back