OT: Mike Elko staying as DC for Texas A&M (Manny Diaz HC watch)

Advertisement
It’s a solid stepping off job for a lot of the guys on the list who have ties to NE. I don’t think saying it’s a bad idea for Diaz is wrong at same time. He is a SE guy.

Temple would be a great job for Don Brown
Something like LaTech would be a great job for Manny Diaz. Maybe even ECU.

I thought ECU would make a run at Manny when they fired Montgomery. But I don’t think they’re willing to pay what it would take to get him.

Agree with Cote, quit ***ing around and pay the man if that's what it takes. If Miami were to let him leave I would seriously consider dropping my season tix.

Advertisement
I don't think it would be a bad thing if manny were to be our next hc. Bet he would hire an aggressive offensive coordinator while still overseeing the defense.

Advertisement
I’ve said it a million times, that’s why you always have to be looking for the best coaching options

So when someone leaves you aren’t left with scraps. Manny is by far the best coach at Miami right now, if he leaves the overall competency drastically decreases on the staff

Advertisement
If Manny leaves Shaq Joe Jax and Pinckney are def gone but if he stays both lbs stay and Joe Jax is 50/50.

Advertisement
One factor in Diaz decision is the loss of some key guys on defense. Willis, Johnson, Jackson and others will be gone. Manny may feel this defense has reached its pinnacle and next year will be a significant drop off. Common sense for him to leave while the iron is hot. He does not want to have another Texas disaster due to drop off in talent.

One factor in Diaz decision is the loss of some key guys on defense. Willis, Johnson, Jackson and others will be gone. Manny may feel this defense has reached its pinnacle and next year will be a significant drop off. Common sense for him to leave while the iron is hot. He does not want to have another Texas disaster due to drop off in talent.
He lost a lot of guys from 2017 too. Its part of cfb.

Advertisement
Back