OT: Miami Heat (vs. Lakers)

TC@ne

3rd party advocate. Anti-mope & anti-slurper.
Segment on First Take today (opinions on the show are another subject) about the Heat.

Stephen A. and Max praising the Heat for their toughness, balances, unselfishness, and work ethic.

I bring this up to show some love to the only consistent sports team in South Florida. At worst they are always competing for the playoffs, and are annually thought of as one of the top 5 most well-run organizations in the NBA, and that is modest.

Hopefully the U at some point takes a page out of the book of the Heat and puts an emphasis on selflessness, consistency, and coaching. Link is below for anyone interested.

Advertisement
ok, they sucked for a little while after LeBron left. Glad to see they have bounced back, but took some time. They have gone through a few roster changes, developed through draft, made some personnel mistakes along the way. But they are winning again after finding the right kind of players and have people excited. But let's keep it in perspective.

Starts at the top.

Micky and Riley.

I want to focus in particular on Arison tho bc it put the Blake James situation in a new light.

Micky isnt what youd call a basketball savant. He knows the basics, enjoys the game, and is a casual fan. But that's about it. His first love is boats. His father brought the team here out of a sense of civic duty more than anything else.

Anyway, Micky is smart enough to surround himself with people smarter than he is to make the crucial decisions that he probably doesnt have the know how or experience to do.

Simply not knowing or lack of expertise isnt an excuse for poor performance or a poor product.

Blake James could learn a thing or two from Micky about running an operation.

Sometimes, you need to just get out of your own way.

Advertisement
They still not gonna do **** in the playoffs..keep it all the 💯

Define "not gonna do ****". This team can absolutely make the conference finals in the East. Milwaukee, Boston, Philly and Miami are head and shoulders better than anyone else in the conference. If you can avoid Milwaukee in the semis, Miami can beat Boston or Philly in a series.

Define "not gonna do ****". This team can absolutely make the conference finals in the East. Milwaukee, Boston, Philly and Miami are head and shoulders better than anyone else in the conference. If you can avoid Milwaukee in the semis, Miami can beat Boston or Philly in a series.
What makes this team scary is they dont know how good they can be, and they're able to play without the weight of expectations.

Boston, Philly, and Milwaikee all will see substantial changes if they dont make it to the finals this season.

A team with nothing to lose is a team you hate to see across from you on that court.

They have one playoff series win in the six years since LeBron left.

I think they’re pretty well run, too, but the hyperbole is a bit much.

Advertisement
Segment on First Take today (opinions on the show are another subject) about the Heat.

Stephen A. and Max praising the Heat for their toughness, balances, unselfishness, and work ethic.

I bring this up to show some love to the only consistent sports team in South Florida. At worst they are always competing for the playoffs, and are annually thought of as one of the top 5 most well-run organizations in the NBA, and that is modest.

Hopefully the U at some point takes a page out of the book of the Heat and puts an emphasis on selflessness, consistency, and coaching. Link is below for anyone interested.

So, basically, you are hoping that Julio Frenk can become Micky Arison and Blake James can morph into Pat Riley....

I think I just set a new distance world record for spitting milk out of my nose....

Other than that, i pretty much agree with what you said....

They always put out a competitive product at the least. Even the Arena is great (traffic and parking, not so much).

A good comparison would be the Steelers. They never really suck, and are always respectable.

I posted the other day the similarities between Riley and Johnson. Both believe in high level conditioning and hustle. "Fatigue makes cowards of us all".

Advertisement
So, basically, you are hoping that Julio Frenk can become Micky Arison and Blake James can morph into Pat Riley....

I think I just set a new distance world record for spitting milk out of my nose....

Other than that, i pretty much agree with what you said....
He had to be starting the weekend early..

Usually a few years to rebound, plus Bosh's medical issues were unforeseen. You have to hit a good free agent year and hit on lower picks. They've definitely hit on lower picks, have a very nice piece in Butler and are gearing up for '21 FA. Keep this core and add another all star or two and you're looking at a very good team for a number of years.

This year's Heat are very good, efficient, athletic, young and fun to watch. It wouldn't blow my mind if they made it out of the East.

and the 4 year period After Shaq and before Lebron, the Heat was trash if they did make it to the playoffs they lost in the 1st round.... when D Wade was suppose to be the “superstar” carrying the team in a weak Eastern conference.

Advertisement
and the 4 year period After Shaq and before Lebron, the Heat was trash if they did make it to the playoffs they lost in the 1st round.... when D Wade was suppose to be the “superstar” carrying the team in a weak Eastern conference.

ok you have a point but wade carried and I mean carried the 06 team to a chip

Jimmy Butler is better than D Wade and Paul Pierce is also better than D Wade.

1576263700207.gif

Advertisement
Back