OT Miami Dolphins

Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin Was Reportedly ‘Too Hip-Hop’ for the Dolphins | Larry Brown Sports

Hue Jackson would have been a far better choice if looking for an accomplished but promising coach. Unfortunately, there is one thing that he and Mike Tomlin have in common that apparently doesn't sit well with a rich, white ****** owner (first Wayne H, then Ross).

Ok... I'm sure Ross' religion has a lot to do with him not hiring African Americans as head coaches... and Huizenga isn't even ******, by the way.

I stand corrected on Huizenga. Yet this is the second time that the Dolphins have passed on the more accomplished black coach in favor of a white coach. Why? And Ross is in fact a rich old ****** white man (an accurate and factual description is it not) , didn't say his religion had anything to do with it, maybe being a rich old white dude is the reason he is uncomfortable with a black head coach. He hired a powerless black GM to cover, as Gase has final say on roster decisions and Tannenbaum will make all the important free agency and draft decisions. He's probably the most toothless GM in the NFL.

I don't know what's in Ross' head. I know he has no football business sense. It's a shame they passed on Bowles though I don't know if anyone knew he'd be as good as he is. He didn't hire Campbell either, who was a white interim coach. He also didn't hire a ****** coach though Jedd Fisch is probably the most prominent in football after Marc Trestman. I was hoping for Hue but we got Gase. I think Ross is just a Football buffoon. I think he'd hire a person of any race if he thought it would make him successful. He's probably comfortable with other dudes like him and I get that. I see that in society everyday where people of similar backgrounds hang out with their own. That said, bringing in his religion is not relevant. If you want to make it a white/black thing... whatever. Plenty of Jews have sacrificed for civil rights in this country.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Been a longtime Dolphin fan. Last decade has been a struggle. Certainly mirrors UM in some ways. I am dissapointed to say the least and the seemingly rushed hiring process that occurred does not help perception.

Besides the Heat, I have little faith in Miami sports teams owners, and I think it has been holding us back for years. The past and current Marlins owners were and are motivated more by personal gain than the success of the team.

For the Dolphins, It is not for a lack of trying at least in Ross's case because recently he has shown the willingness to spend money and make a more active effort to win. I really believe his issue is his lack of basic football knowledge and the subsequent authority he gives to certain executives and general managers in which he then has a unexplainable loyal too.

This of course leads to conflict between the decision makers with little input from the owner. Most importantly this indicates that at this point in time Ross has a poor track record in appointing talented people and establishing a clear power structure in which people with true potential can succeed. Just my two cents.

No one is going to coach there with Mike Tannendork in charge. Also Ross took the coach "least likely" to turn him down and leave him at the alter like Jeff Fisher and the other guy (forgot his name) did when they picked Lurch (Philbin) by default. I remember they tried to hire Lake Dawson to a GM role and when he mentioned to "The Ears" that he wanted to name his own coach he was told to take the train. Wait a minute! Doesn't the GM/VP of Ops usually assemble a staff such as a HC? Yes the HC has has say on his asst coaches but not in Davie!! The organization chart doesn't exist. NASA couldn't put it together easier sending a man to Mars!!!

Nothing should surprise us anymore from what comes out of Davie. The next move is to probably rehire Kevin Coyle!

You're in the minority for good reason. If you like him because of what he did with Cutler fine - try to hire him as OC/QB coach and bring in a real **** head coach. This is a terrible hire by any standard.

I'll never forget the day Randy Shannon was hired....I was in the minority that day too.

Nobody has a crystal ball but there a lot of qualities about Gase to like. I think many of you are freaking out because the organization has made 47 bad decisions in a row. It doesn't mean this one will end up the same way. The law of averages say even idiots get one decision out of 48 correct...us getting Mark Richt ironically falls into the same category.

What does Adam Gase bring as a head coach besides being a good QB coach?

His offense is a hybrid of the West Coast offense which suits Tannehill about as good as you can ask. He's horrible throwing the ball more than 25-30 yards down the field and he holds the ball too ******* long...so a short to intermediate quick passing offense is all you can ask for.

For the record...I think Tannehill is garbage. I've said that for 2 years now. He's got that "hold the ball too long" disease which researchers still have found no cure for...but with that said we are financially committed to the bum so why not give him the best opportunity to succeed since starting QB's don't grown on trees?

IF a player is garbage which you are correct Tannehll is garbage you don't commit yourself in anyway to said player due to financial constraints. That's the recipe for being mediocre. Burn the whole thing down and start over. Something something about lipstick on a pig. Gase is the lipstick everything else is still a pig.

Well you're not living in reality then.

Reality is you can't change the past at this point. Reality is they gave Tannehill a lot of money and it's not economically feasible to move on from him for at least a year or two without completely ******* up your cap. Reality is that last "win" against the Patriots pretty much ****ed us at having a realistic shot at either of the top 2 rated QB's in next year's draft. Reality is there are no other options as stud QB's don't hit the open market very often and anything you get on the scrap heap of NFL retreads isn't likely to be better than Tannehill.

So you make the best of it. You go out and get a guy who's got a track record of being good with QB's and who's system is conducive to the few traits your QB does well...and you see what happens over the next 2 years. If at the end of the next year or two Tannehill doesn't improve then the decision is an easy one...you cut them both loose.

The situation is FUBAR to begin with...but I think under the circumstances the only prudent choice was a guy like Gase or Jackson. Like I said before given the situation we're in this isn't a bad hire. If this organization is/was going to do ANYTHING over the next 2 years...it's starts with fixing Tannehill.

Advertisement
With Gase expect a heavy dose of the running game. He will find a way to get the ball to Miller alot. In Chicago we used Forte and Langford alot in all situations. Gase will take the decision at the LOS away from Tannehill much like he did with Cutler.

Get ready for alot of shotgun zone read runs with Miller and the back up RB. Uptempo offense at times with the goal of getting into manageable 3rd down situations. Dolphins fans will get frustrated at times with this offense, but Gase was really good at making 2nd half adjustments. Guy is very football smart from x's and o's standpoint.

Dude if there's one thing tannenbaum can find its quality coaches...even though he gave mark Sanchez 50 million dollars

Sound like a stereotypical Dolphins fan. His Offense with the Bears was ranked 22 or something like that. Should have gone after Hue Jackson if anything. Horrible hire.
he had jay cutler as his QB what the **** did you expect??

Chock full of excuses. Like I said, typical Dolphins fan.

It also follows with the other trends we have seen since Ross took over.....trying to make a splash, generate some buzz. He does it with celebrity investors. He did it with Suh last year. This year he grabs the "hot commodity" up and coming coach (yet to be seen if it is justified).

HA! In what world is ADAM Gase a splash hire that will generate anything other than negative buzz???

In Ross' mind it is....youngest coach in the NFL, glowing recommendation publicly from Peyton Manning, lots of media attention about him being the hot name this year (don't know exactly why but there was). So Ross thought he was making a splash while many others think he's just crazy.

Very good move from the Dolphins' standpoint. Gase was my top choice even though I know next to nothing about him.

I believe in big picture analysis as opposed to nitpicking every variable. The NFL is so razor tight in terms of talent level and competitive advantage that you need a very sharp guy atop the franchise making the major decisions, with the ability to squeeze the extra 3 to 5% so often. A young guy is most likely to be that hidden gem, the smartest guy in the room who can wash away all the dullard decisions that have plagued the franchise for so long.

I'm not sure if Gase is the answer but at least they have picked from the proper subset. If it fails, do it again, instead of panicking and defaulting to safe mode, a retread coach who might be more likely to win 8 or 9 games. Yawn. That retread type is the same kind who would shut up and approve of a patchwork stadium. Gase could win 4 games or 12. I'll enjoy the uncertainty, instead of beginning every season knowing **** well that the early promise and expectations are bogus.

I hope Gase gets rid of Tannehill but at least there is potential for modest improvement via 25+ rushes per game and greater downfield aggressiveness.

Advertisement
The Dolphins died to me when they decided to honor the Florida Gators in the house and on the field the Canes call home (even if we are renters). Fvck the Dolphins and that big ear mother fvcker Stephen Ross. I hope as long as Ross is the owner that they never win another game.

PS: Fvck that loser NY Jet Tannenbumb too

Last edited:
Did they really hire a first time head coach, first time DC, and a guy who was demoted to qb coach for oc? Smh

Very good move from the Dolphins' standpoint. Gase was my top choice even though I know next to nothing about him.

I believe in big picture analysis as opposed to nitpicking every variable. The NFL is so razor tight in terms of talent level and competitive advantage that you need a very sharp guy atop the franchise making the major decisions, with the ability to squeeze the extra 3 to 5% so often. A young guy is most likely to be that hidden gem, the smartest guy in the room who can wash away all the dullard decisions that have plagued the franchise for so long.

I'm not sure if Gase is the answer but at least they have picked from the proper subset. If it fails, do it again, instead of panicking and defaulting to safe mode, a retread coach who might be more likely to win 8 or 9 games. Yawn. That retread type is the same kind who would shut up and approve of a patchwork stadium. Gase could win 4 games or 12. I'll enjoy the uncertainty, instead of beginning every season knowing **** well that the early promise and expectations are bogus.

I hope Gase gets rid of Tannehill but at least there is potential for modest improvement via 25+ rushes per game and greater downfield aggressiveness.

I choose to roll with your perspective since....well....my ******* mental health has no other choice.

UM

Advertisement
Back