OT Miami Dolphins

Advertisement
This team will never be good until they get an owner who is able to hire the right people in the front office... This guy can and will write a check but he makes terrible football
business decisions.

Last edited:
It also follows with the other trends we have seen since Ross took over.....trying to make a splash, generate some buzz. He does it with celebrity investors. He did it with Suh last year. This year he grabs the "hot commodity" up and coming coach (yet to be seen if it is justified).

HA! In what world is ADAM Gase a splash hire that will generate anything other than negative buzz???

Advertisement
I might be in the minority...but I actually love this hire. This organization has ALMOST been as poorly run as the UM program...but I think they finally hit on something good.

Cutler's career was all but flushed down the toilet and that man made him look adequate. He's young, energetic, and hungry. I have absolutely ZERO issue with this hire, and I'm a diehard and long disgruntled Dolphin fan.

You're in the minority for good reason. If you like him because of what he did with Cutler fine - try to hire him as OC/QB coach and bring in a real **** head coach. This is a terrible hire by any standard.

I might be in the minority...but I actually love this hire. This organization has ALMOST been as poorly run as the UM program...but I think they finally hit on something good.

Cutler's career was all but flushed down the toilet and that man made him look adequate. He's young, energetic, and hungry. I have absolutely ZERO issue with this hire, and I'm a diehard and long disgruntled Dolphin fan.

You're in the minority for good reason. If you like him because of what he did with Cutler fine - try to hire him as OC/QB coach and bring in a real **** head coach. This is a terrible hire by any standard.

I'll never forget the day Randy Shannon was hired....I was in the minority that day too.

Nobody has a crystal ball but there a lot of qualities about Gase to like. I think many of you are freaking out because the organization has made 47 bad decisions in a row. It doesn't mean this one will end up the same way. The law of averages say even idiots get one decision out of 48 correct...us getting Mark Richt ironically falls into the same category.

Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin Was Reportedly ‘Too Hip-Hop’ for the Dolphins | Larry Brown Sports

Hue Jackson would have been a far better choice if looking for an accomplished but promising coach. Unfortunately, there is one thing that he and Mike Tomlin have in common that apparently doesn't sit well with a rich, white ****** owner (first Wayne H, then Ross).

Ok... I'm sure Ross' religion has a lot to do with him not hiring African Americans as head coaches... and Huizenga isn't even ******, by the way.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I'll never forget the day Randy Shannon was hired....I was in the minority that day too.

Nobody has a crystal ball but there a lot of qualities about Gase to like. I think many of you are freaking out because the organization has made 47 bad decisions in a row. It doesn't mean this one will end up the same way. The law of averages say even idiots get one decision out of 48 correct...us getting Mark Richt ironically falls into the same category.

What does Adam Gase bring as a head coach besides being a good QB coach?

Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin Was Reportedly ‘Too Hip-Hop’ for the Dolphins | Larry Brown Sports

Hue Jackson would have been a far better choice if looking for an accomplished but promising coach. Unfortunately, there is one thing that he and Mike Tomlin have in common that apparently doesn't sit well with a rich, white ****** owner (first Wayne H, then Ross).

Hard to argue or know what he brings. If I can 've positive, and I was hoping for Hue Jackson, I like that he said that he runs his offense based on the players he has, which is what Shula did. Shula was all air with Marino but he was ground and pound and roll out when he had David Woodley and the elephant backfield of Andra Franklin and Woody Bennett. This is a good thing in my opinion.

His offense is a hybrid of the West Coast offense which suits Tannehill about as good as you can ask. He's horrible throwing the ball more than 25-30 yards down the field and he holds the ball too ******* long...so a short to intermediate quick passing offense is all you can ask for.

For the record...I think Tannehill is garbage. I've said that for 2 years now. He's got that "hold the ball too long" disease which researchers still have found no cure for...but with that said we are financially committed to the bum so why not give him the best opportunity to succeed since starting QB's don't grown on trees?

I would have liked Gase or Jackson. My opinion on Jackson is well documented on these boards since I was basically the one posting every ******* day that Jackson should have been UM's #1 target as soon as Golden was fired. It was overly optimistic to expect him to go the college route but whatever...yes I really like him too.

Last edited:

His offense is a hybrid of the West Coast offense which suits Tannehill about as good as you can ask. He's horrible throwing the ball more than 25-30 yards down the field and he holds the ball too ******* long...so a short to intermediate quick passing offense is all you can ask for.

For the record...I think Tannehill is garbage. I've said that for 2 years now. He's got that "hold the ball too long" disease which researchers still have found no cure for...but with that said we are financially committed to the bum so why not give him the best opportunity to succeed since starting QB's don't grown on trees?

IF a player is garbage which you are correct Tannehll is garbage you don't commit yourself in anyway to said player due to financial constraints. That's the recipe for being mediocre. Burn the whole thing down and start over. Something something about lipstick on a pig. Gase is the lipstick everything else is still a pig.

Advertisement
As a Bears fan, happy to see him get a chance. Made the most of what he could with Cutler, and the Bears offense. Pretty much cut the field in half with Cutler, and did his best to keep it out of his hands. Gameplan will frustrate you as a fan, but did make adjustments after halftime. Not sure how he will do when he is the Head guy. Hope it works out for Dolphin fans

Dude if there's one thing tannenbaum can find its quality coaches...even though he gave mark Sanchez 50 million dollars

Sound like a stereotypical Dolphins fan. His Offense with the Bears was ranked 22 or something like that. Should have gone after Hue Jackson if anything. Horrible hire.

Hue Jackson was supposed to interview on Sunday. To me Hue Jackson was the best option on the board as he's a great OC, has developed Andy Dalton pretty well, and had solid HC experience.

Of course the Phins become enamored with a guy that can develop QB's, yet had the 23rd rated offense in the NFL this season. They also mention that outside of improving Cutler (who was still garbage this year) as working with other QB's like Tebow and Peyton Manning. LOL at claiming Peyton Manning's success as your own.
I agree. I dont understand this. I can only chalk it up to bad front office hires by the owner and bad football business decisions. Ross should've blown this up along time ago and started anew... starting at the top of the front office.

This hire is all about trying to turn that garbage QB into something legit. So enjoy many more years of Tannehill. Get Lamar Miller out of that **** show.

Advertisement
Great hire...there is a reason that least 3 other teams were hoping to get an interview and Philly was going to offer him the job. Anyone that has followed Gase's career knows he is a young, very bright, innovative thinker. Much like Richt, he will leave the DC to run the defense - and it looks like Miami got one of the biggest DC prospects this off-season. Hue Jackson was fine but he is sort of like an old uncle at this point, dusty and crusty, and he always looks like he smells of old *****. They believe in this guy and lots of people in the NFL think Gase was a rising star. Only old fuddy-duddies would want such uninspiring candidates like Jackson or Coughlin...or the silly idea that Mike Shula was somehow coming here. Ross is a silly owner and man, but Gase will do good things here. he will solve the Tannehill problem quickly - either fix him or flush him, he wont wait. Bill Cowher called Gase, "one of the brightest football guys he ever talked to." Peyton Manning called him "an amazing football mind." Pretty sure Manning and Cowher have bowel movements that know more about the subject than a bunch of morons on CIS.

Last edited:

Ok... I'm sure Ross' religion has a lot to do with him not hiring African Americans as head coaches... and Huizenga isn't even ******, by the way.

I stand corrected on Huizenga. Yet this is the second time that the Dolphins have passed on the more accomplished black coach in favor of a white coach. Why? And Ross is in fact a rich old ****** white man (an accurate and factual description is it not) , didn't say his religion had anything to do with it, maybe being a rich old white dude is the reason he is uncomfortable with a black head coach. He hired a powerless black GM to cover, as Gase has final say on roster decisions and Tannenbaum will make all the important free agency and draft decisions. He's probably the most toothless GM in the NFL.

I stand corrected on Huizenga. Yet this is the second time that the Dolphins have passed on the more accomplished black coach in favor of a white coach. Why? And Ross is in fact a rich old ****** white man (an accurate and factual description is it not) , didn't say his religion had anything to do with it, maybe being a rich old white dude is the reason he is uncomfortable with a black head coach. He hired a powerless black GM to cover, as Gase has final say on roster decisions and Tannenbaum will make all the important free agency and draft decisions. He's probably the most toothless GM in the NFL.

Ross must have been scared that an Africanus coach would sell drugs to the players, rape all the white wives of the management staff, steal the hub caps from the players parking lot, demand that fried chicken and kool aid be served after every game, speak out against the virtues of education, not know how to do basic math, think that Africa is a country, leave bags of watermelon Jolly Ranchers on the sidelines, drive property values down in whatever neighborhood the HC lived in, kept pit bulls in kennels in the empty pool, think that Courvosier is a good Cognac, and perpetually struggle with high blood pressure and sickle cell....is that why you were thinking Ross was hesitant to hire one of those people for the hC job?

Advertisement
Back