OT Miami Dolphins

Advertisement
Another coach with no college experience. People still mad Diaz didnt play in college?

Advertisement
Dude if there's one thing tannenbaum can find its quality coaches...even though he gave mark Sanchez 50 million dollars

Advertisement
Dude if there's one thing tannenbaum can find its quality coaches...even though he gave mark Sanchez 50 million dollars

Sound like a stereotypical Dolphins fan. His Offense with the Bears was ranked 22 or something like that. Should have gone after Hue Jackson if anything. Horrible hire.

Sound like a stereotypical Dolphins fan. His Offense with the Bears was ranked 22 or something like that. Should have gone after Hue Jackson if anything. Horrible hire.
he had jay cutler as his QB what the **** did you expect??

On a side note. Isn't it weird that they even interview head coaches for jobs? I understand first time coaches but it seems like the decision is based in reference and the 100% public record of their career.

Eagles are interviewing Tom Coughlin today, I'm sure they won't learn anything about him that they don't already know

Advertisement
People who think "experience" is the end all and be all clearly have no experience. We are surrounded by folks whose experience can be better defined not by doing something particularly well but by doing something for a long time.

Then there's this DC with three years experience that became a 33 year-old head coach probably to the chagrin of many Colts fans who later went on to become the winningest NFL coach.

And there's Cam Cameron who while coaching with the Indiana Hoosiers from 1997 through 2001 racked up an 18-37 record and, inexplicably, was hired as the head coach of the Miami Dolphins in 2007 to coach the team to a 1-15 record. He must have interviewed well?

To me, this is a clear indication that some in the organization are having second thoughts on the abilities of Tannehill and this is the coach they hope can help. It's also the complete opposite of Philbin in terms of age and personality, a guy who seems more personable and interactive with players while Philbin was more set in his ways and a bit stiff in approach and demeanor.

It also follows with the other trends we have seen since Ross took over.....trying to make a splash, generate some buzz. He does it with celebrity investors. He did it with Suh last year. This year he grabs the "hot commodity" up and coming coach (yet to be seen if it is justified).

he should be able to help tannehill. gase was getting hires somewhere. i am shocked miami didn't go after chip kelly though. im a broncos fan. gase is an up and comer in coaching circles. no hc experiance in nfl happens. maybe gase fails. gase though has had some good mentors.

john fox. being the biggest. denver almost hired him last year. peyton manning loved him. he actually got cutler to stop throwing picks every other pass. he should be an upgrade on the guy was hc. not saying is a perfect hire but is an nfl hire. this happens every day in nfl.

i think gase will do a fine job especially if vance joseph is his dc. that guy denver wanted at dc badly last year but cinncy wouldn't let him go as db coach. give it a chance. if nothing else tannehill should look like a solid/good qb next season. gase with denver had offenses ranked in top 3 every year.

Advertisement
I hate this franchise. I hate it so much. They ruined the NFL for me. Another miserable coaching hire and they apparently still have not realized that Tannehill is not a QB you build around. Wake me in 4 - 5 years when this guy is fired.

Hue Jackson was supposed to interview on Sunday. To me Hue Jackson was the best option on the board as he's a great OC, has developed Andy Dalton pretty well, and had solid HC experience.

Of course the Phins become enamored with a guy that can develop QB's, yet had the 23rd rated offense in the NFL this season. They also mention that outside of improving Cutler (who was still garbage this year) as working with other QB's like Tebow and Peyton Manning. LOL at claiming Peyton Manning's success as your own.

Advertisement
Back