OT: Mercedes Benz

Advertisement
Interesting;

So I'm looking at a 2017 M6 and a 2017 AMG Roadster. Are you stating you would go w/ the M6 w/o any questions? I'm debating on keeping the Infiniti b/c it's a little long in the tooth, age wise, but still low mileage. I was also contemplating shipping my car out to Miami and change the car into a super car w/ the Vaydor kit. Just trying to see which one makes the most economical sense as I know maintenance on either a BMW or Benz can be a mother.
I’ve never believed in a car brand, like I do BMW. Honestly, their product is just light years ahead of Mercades. Maybe the Mercedes super cars are better. I only know, bang for your buck, BMW was the easy winner for me. Everyone likes what they like, but you’d be hard pressed to find any reviews that think the Mercedes engines and technology is better than BMW. It’s a machine at the end of the day.

Haven't owned a car in 15 years, only driven SUVs.

Can't go back.
I rented a BMW X3 on vacation a couple of years ago. I hated just about everything about it. The stupid **** for the navigation controls is right where my wife would hit it as she fell asleep in the passenger seat. The automatic engine cut off was ridiculously slow to engage.

Interesting;

So I'm looking at a 2017 M6 and a 2017 AMG Roadster. Are you stating you would go w/ the M6 w/o any questions? I'm debating on keeping the Infiniti b/c it's a little long in the tooth, age wise, but still low mileage. I was also contemplating shipping my car out to Miami and change the car into a super car w/ the Vaydor kit. Just trying to see which one makes the most economical sense as I know maintenance on either a BMW or Benz can be a mother.
lol you said super car and economical sense!! I'm just picking at you because all I ever hear in high hp talks is 'pay to play.' Both are drool inducing cars.

Advertisement
Point being BMW makes a superior automobile. If I’m buying either used, I’m getting the one that’s engineered to kick the other ones ***.
Buy a Tesla it will blow away either one. Engineered eat BMW's alive. LMAO Not sure what those German **** boxes do very well.
If you're talking performance, it's the AMG.
The dam thing runs 11 second-flat quarters.

Both magnificent cars, although I'm not a 4-door coupe guy.
Good luck with yours.

The 136K is a little out of the OP's price range though.

German **** boxes. https://electrek.co/2020/05/18/tesl...ieves-new-record-quarter-mile-cheetah-stance/

My dos centavos.....unless you HAVE to get a car now, wait a bit. New and used car prices will only continue to drop.

Seems like we got some car folks on here based on the last thread car related about that tesla, figured I'd ask what you guys think about Mercedes?

I got a guy offering me a 2009 c300 4matic with 129k miles in perfect condition for $5,000. The car is in stellar condition, the seats don't even look like they've been touched. Never had one and i'm well aware how expensive it can be to maintain these cars, but i'm curious if it's a bit over blown by the general public? My uncle had an E430 2002 I think it was back in like 2009 and I don't think he ever had any issues with it himself. @dsddcane told me that the key to buying these cars is to get one a few years in from the latest re-design due to the over engineering they tend to do.

Anyone had any good/bad experiences with them or know of someone that did? I wasn't even looking to get one personally, but since that offer I've kinda been looking around and might even consider a blutech diesel for $6000 I found.
I am long out of touch with such things, but how does it play with the chics? Vet was ALWAYS the go to for the honeys in my day. If you are old fart like me then it is all about if my a$$ fits nicely into the seat. Also, years ago the BMW was kind of the Chevy in Germany - everyone drove one while the rick guys rolled in the Merc, Not sure about today. I think Mercedes built some cheaper models to sell to the US mass market. Best of luck whatever your choice.

Advertisement
BTW, I am a car enthusiast as well, and have owned multiple brands. The most comfortable to ride is probably Lexus, although Tesla is not far behind, and the most fun to drive, by far, is Tesla.

Lol I’ve had every Mercedes people dream of. Currently I have a 750. This is being built right now and I’m picking up this, to my specific specks in August. Every man has his opinions, but mine are based on years or trial and error. Yes it’s insanely loaded, minus only the carbon fiber roof, because my wife likes a moonroof. I hate them fwiw mine has the black grill. Didn’t go crazy looking for a perfect photo. Find me a Mercedes sedan that competes with this... nothing even close, without calling it a sports car.
View attachment 119059
Wow, that is gorgeous!

We are a big BMW family as well. My first car was a 1986 beat up BMW I managed to get for $3,500. I drove that thing into the ground. Had a 328ci when I was younger (that I absolutely loved!) and my wife has had four X3s over the last decade and a half. We love everything about that brand, both the service level of the company and the vehicles themselves. I would never buy a Mercedes over a similar BMW myself. But to each their own. I'm sure there are those with the exact opposite experience.

Now, when BMWs do suck is when their warranty runs out. But that's the case for all luxury cars.

Buy a Tesla it will blow away either one. Engineered eat BMW's alive. LMAO Not sure what those German **** boxes do very well.

German **** boxes. https://electrek.co/2020/05/18/tesl...ieves-new-record-quarter-mile-cheetah-stance/
I just can’t stand the look of them. To me, and it’s “me”, the Tesla is a girls car. I feel the same way about the last 30 years of corvettes. I know it’s suppose to be a good car. I would never buy/drive one, the way it looks now.

Advertisement

BA34A9C9-92F9-42CF-AA2E-BE5F5B6A5F6E.jpeg

New Mercedes: Good

Leased New Mercedes: Better

Used Mercedes:

The brake pad/rotor thing makes me take the Lords name in vain. (I'm an atheist)

There is literally no other reason to do it than make money on rotor parts.

Last edited:
I just can’t stand the look of them. To me, and it’s “me”, the Tesla is a girls car. I feel the same way about the last 30 years of corvettes. I know it’s suppose to be a good car. I would never buy/drive one, the way it looks now.
That's the way I feel about BMW's and Benz girls cars way over priced and not as dependable as others. The Tesla's are quieter and faster, IMO none of the cars mentioned are awesome looking specially 4 door cars. But that's what makes the world go round everyone is different. More of a BS status symbol to some who haven't grown out of that.

Advertisement
That's the way I feel about BMW's and Benz girls cars way over priced and not as dependable as others. The Tesla's are quieter and faster, IMO none of the cars mentioned are awesome looking specially 4 door cars. But that's what makes the world go round everyone is different. More of a BS status symbol to some who haven't grown out of that.

See the thing is, eventually, my plan is to get a mid 90's Mustang and rebuild it, dropping a 5.0 Coyote with a six speed manual.

If I wanna go fast; I'll do it my way.

Wow, that is gorgeous!

We are a big BMW family as well. My first car was a 1986 beat up BMW I managed to get for $3,500. I drove that thing into the ground. Had a 328ci when I was younger (that I absolutely loved!) and my wife has had four X3s over the last decade and a half. We love everything about that brand, both the service level of the company and the vehicles themselves. I would never buy a Mercedes over a similar BMW myself. But to each their own. I'm sure there are those with the exact opposite experience.

Now, when BMWs do suck is when their warranty runs out. But that's the case for all luxury cars.
I'm new to the BMW family (since Dec. '19), and I must say I've been won over. The level of service is top notch, and the vehicle is an absolute dream to drive. Big BMW fan, now.

New Mercedes: Good

Leased New Mercedes: Better

Used Mercedes:

The brake pad/rotor thing makes me take the Lords name in vain. (I'm an atheist)

There is literally no other reason to do it than make money on rotor parts.

I just did the rear brakes (rotors and pads) on my W204 myself this past weekend and it cost me $130 and took less than two hours.

Advertisement
Back