OT: Mercedes Benz

Advertisement
PM me and I’ll send you to see the GM am Ft. Lauderdale BMW. I promise you’ll never buy another one, ever. Didn’t watch, because I’m pretty sure I know who won.

If you're talking performance, it's the AMG.
The dam thing runs 11 second-flat quarters.

Both magnificent cars, although I'm not a 4-door coupe guy.
Good luck with yours.

The 136K is a little out of the OP's price range though.

I’ve owned a hand full of MB over 30 years and I keep buying more. A few words of advice. Buy a used model 2 years old with low mileage so the original owner assumes the 40% depreciation. Make sure it’s not a model that will rolled out a new model in a few years. Service for a MB will be expensive at a dealer. You might do a service A at a good local shop but service B should be done by a MB certified tech. When I buy a used mB I get an extended warranty bc parts are very expensive. Good luck with your decision.

Point being BMW makes a superior automobile. If I’m buying either used, I’m getting the one that’s engineered to kick the other ones ***.

Interesting;

So I'm looking at a 2017 M6 and a 2017 AMG Roadster. Are you stating you would go w/ the M6 w/o any questions? I'm debating on keeping the Infiniti b/c it's a little long in the tooth, age wise, but still low mileage. I was also contemplating shipping my car out to Miami and change the car into a super car w/ the Vaydor kit. Just trying to see which one makes the most economical sense as I know maintenance on either a BMW or Benz can be a mother.

it's only designed to do that on the track, the bmw is truly a drivers car and they're drop dead gorgeous - to the point I consider them the most beautiful cars ever built.

the main difference is just that, you'll see when you test drive them. Yes the bmw will handle better, it will generally most scenarios beat the merc counter part in 0-60. But the merc will have better torque ( much easier acceleration ), and a better ride.

I'm not buying one for track, but if you want a sports car or sports sedan the m4 and m6 will turn heads like no other car.

Laugh all you like about the guy's "style," but he works on a lot of 'pean iron. Your specific car is reviewd @ 4:23...The mechanic knows best.

As for the Bimmer fanboi's, not so favorable:

and yes, thank you that's exactly what i'm looking to see.

Advertisement
Seems like we got some car folks on here based on the last thread car related about that tesla, figured I'd ask what you guys think about Mercedes?

I got a guy offering me a 2009 c300 4matic with 129k miles in perfect condition for $5,000. The car is in stellar condition, the seats don't even look like they've been touched. Never had one and i'm well aware how expensive it can be to maintain these cars, but i'm curious if it's a bit over blown by the general public? My uncle had an E430 2002 I think it was back in like 2009 and I don't think he ever had any issues with it himself. @dsddcane told me that the key to buying these cars is to get one a few years in from the latest re-design due to the over engineering they tend to do.

Anyone had any good/bad experiences with them or know of someone that did? I wasn't even looking to get one personally, but since that offer I've kinda been looking around and might even consider a blutech diesel for $6000 I found.
Its expensive if you don’t pay for a maintenance plan and yes D would be right. 2009-2012 are the same car, 2013-2016 are the same and 2017-2020 are all essentially the same car with little tweaks here and there. Benz is all or nothing when it comes to remodels and really don’t change for 3-5 years depending on the vehicle. For anybody wondering, I used to work for them.

DF55660E-1343-4D85-8D86-B9BA20661C11.jpeg

My boy just bought the S 63 AMG. Its sitting in my driveway, car is unreal.
Not even. Every S class trim is the same with slight differences. The AMG would obviously the biturbo system in it. Just let your boy know that they’re real easy to overuse and blow. The only thing “S class” that’s truly different from the rest is the Maybach.

Advertisement
Kelley Blue Book for those specs is about $3k flat for "good" condition. I'd talk him down, that's a lot of mileage and he's roughly $2k over KBB.
You guys are amazing. I should've posted on the site before purchasing my car, probably could've saved more money. ****! Smh lol

Not even. Every S class trim is the same with slight differences. The AMG would obviously the biturbo system in it. Just let your boy know that they’re real easy to overuse and blow. The only thing “S class” that’s truly different from the rest is the Maybach.
Its a 240k car and it is 100% insane. There were only 6 for sale on line in all of the United States. He had to fly to Chicago to pick it up and bring back to Orlando.

Advertisement
Respectfully they’re not cars to keep. They’re a lease. BMW makes a heavier, more weighty and well built vehicle. Also, BMW has MUCH better electronics and the engines are superior. I truly loved all Mercedes, until my first BMW. I’ll never buy a Mercedes over one again. They’re a great three year rental. BMW is a better everything. My2
I would never buy a used Mercedes.
Agree wit your take on the BMW.
Point being BMW makes a superior automobile. If I’m buying either used, I’m getting the one that’s engineered to kick the other ones ***.
This.

Advertisement
Dude, you're talking about a $100k car. OP is asking whether he should buy a used 3rd gen c-class...it's an apples to ****** comparison...are you ok?
no kidding. The C class is NOT the car to buy and was built to compete with the lower priced Japanese cars. A cheaper car were they cut corners and some people I know hated them. IDKN, Maybe the newer ones are better. I would go E class and on up. The E class is one of the most dependable over all that is also used for taxi and cop cars for decades. I have two of them and the older 2003 E Class still runs great that I was keeping for my daughter. Very few minor problems in 18 years. My newer E Class has had zero problems in four years. I beat the **** out of both of them on ***** LA freeways 135 MPH plus and have taken both through rivers and dirt roads.

Mercedes makes some of the best cars in the world since 1886 and no other company has an over all line up from the 270 MPH car days they built in 1938 to today's Automobiles.
AMG ONE 1000 HP

mercedes-amg-project-one-shines-in-new-wallpaper-gallery_1.jpg

mercedes-amg-project-one-rear-cd.jpg

Mercedes Maybach is hard to compete with. Prices from 175k to 8 million.
2020 Mercedes-Maybach S560 front

http://www.luxuryandlifestyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/maybach-exelero-coupe-jay-z.jpg

For off road G 63 AMG

https://www.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/styles/gallery_slide/public/mercedes-g63-amg-6x6-sdfks-1.jpeg?itok=v22byi1a

F1 world champion 6 years in a row.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a5/Bottas_Mercedes_W09_Testing_Barcelona.jpg/1920px-Bottas_Mercedes_W09_Testing_Barcelona.jpg

Interesting;

So I'm looking at a 2017 M6 and a 2017 AMG Roadster. Are you stating you would go w/ the M6 w/o any questions? I'm debating on keeping the Infiniti b/c it's a little long in the tooth, age wise, but still low mileage. I was also contemplating shipping my car out to Miami and change the car into a super car w/ the Vaydor kit. Just trying to see which one makes the most economical sense as I know maintenance on either a BMW or Benz can be a mother.
AMG roadster is a significantly better sports car and will attract more eyeballs. M6 is a really nice car, but just kind of looks like a lot of other BMW's on the road

AMG roadster is a significantly better sports car and will attract more eyeballs. M6 is a really nice car, but just kind of looks like a lot of other BMW's on the road

There’s a pre-owned high end/exotic car dealership not too far from my job. They just sold a 2018 BMW i8 w like 4500 miles on it for a shade under $80g’s.

The owner is this old, wealthy cat that’s a car enthusiast. He doesn’t try to gouge anyone. His daughter is my client and she’s the financier of the dealership. She said if he makes a profit of $5k, he’s cool. Cars go in and out of his lot, man. I just missed out on a 17 AMG roadster they had going for $69k but it had like 25k on the odometer. Cherry red. I’ve been peeping that yr to shave some money off the original sticker price.

Advertisement
Back