OT: Mercedes Benz

paksat

Junior
Banned
Seems like we got some car folks on here based on the last thread car related about that tesla, figured I'd ask what you guys think about Mercedes?

I got a guy offering me a 2009 c300 4matic with 129k miles in perfect condition for $5,000. The car is in stellar condition, the seats don't even look like they've been touched. Never had one and i'm well aware how expensive it can be to maintain these cars, but i'm curious if it's a bit over blown by the general public? My uncle had an E430 2002 I think it was back in like 2009 and I don't think he ever had any issues with it himself. @dsddcane told me that the key to buying these cars is to get one a few years in from the latest re-design due to the over engineering they tend to do.

Anyone had any good/bad experiences with them or know of someone that did? I wasn't even looking to get one personally, but since that offer I've kinda been looking around and might even consider a blutech diesel for $6000 I found.

Attachments

• 00505_3EdV0cEhnhH_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
    00505_3EdV0cEhnhH_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 94
Advertisement
Seems like we got some car folks on here based on the last thread car related about that tesla, figured I'd ask what you guys think about Mercedes?

I got a guy offering me a 2009 c300 4matic with 129k miles in perfect condition for $5,000. The car is in stellar condition, the seats don't even look like they've been touched. Never had one and i'm well aware how expensive it can be to maintain these cars, but i'm curious if it's a bit over blown by the general public? My uncle had an E430 2002 I think it was back in like 2009 and I don't think he ever had any issues with it himself. @dsddcane told me that the key to buying these cars is to get one a few years in from the latest re-design due to the over engineering they tend to do.

Anyone had any good/bad experiences with them or know of someone that did? I wasn't even looking to get one personally, but since that offer I've kinda been looking around and might even consider a blutech diesel for $6000 I found.

Go for it. My W204 is the best car I've owned.

It's not a bad car brother. But in today's state of the economy I'd imagine if you kept looking around you could find alot better of a deal. Personally only Benz I do is s class just because it's the only one that suits my purposes in general. Nephews got him a lil cls he likes. In general with benzs though very reliable cars that you can put a ton of miles on if you wish. Happy hunting brother.

Advertisement
Respectfully they’re not cars to keep. They’re a lease. BMW makes a heavier, more weighty and well built vehicle. Also, BMW has MUCH better electronics and the engines are superior. I truly loved all Mercedes, until my first BMW. I’ll never buy a Mercedes over one again. They’re a great three year rental. BMW is a better everything. My2
I would never buy a used Mercedes.

Respectfully they’re not cars to keep. They’re a lease. BMW makes a heavier, more weighty and well built vehicle. Also, BMW has MUCH better electronics and the engines are superior. I truly love Mercedes, until my first BMW. I’ll never buy a Mercedes over one again. They’re a great three year rental. BMW is a better everything. My2
I would never buy a used Mercedes.

Nope nope nope nope. Do not listen to this.

Nope nope nope nope. Do not listen to this.
Lol I’ve had every Mercedes people dream of. Currently I have a 750. This is being built right now and I’m picking up this, to my specific specks in August. Every man has his opinions, but mine are based on years or trial and error. Yes it’s insanely loaded, minus only the carbon fiber roof, because my wife likes a moonroof. I hate them fwiw mine has the black grill. Didn’t go crazy looking for a perfect photo. Find me a Mercedes sedan that competes with this... nothing even close, without calling it a sports car.
CFDE847D-E475-4468-839A-15A235C9417A.jpeg

Advertisement
Kelley Blue Book for those specs is about $3k flat for "good" condition. I'd talk him down, that's a lot of mileage and he's roughly $2k over KBB.

are you looking at trade in value? most benz's around this year/model are north of 6k

Lol I’ve had every Mercedes people dream of. Currently I have a 750. This is being built right now and I’m picking up this, to my specific specks in August. Every man has his opinions, but mine are based on years or trial and error. Yes it’s insanely loaded, minus only the carbon fiber roof, because my wife likes a moonroof. I hate them fwiw mine has the black grill. Didn’t go crazy looking for a perfect photo. Find me a Mercedes sedan that competes with this... nothing even close, without calling it a sports car.
View attachment 119059

I don't know if you know this or not, but from what I've heard they're basically engineered to break down when the warranty runs out. A guy I "sort of" know heard bmw's own CEO give a speech about it some years back.

I'm not saying who is right here, just throwing that out there.

Advertisement
are you looking at trade in value? most benz's around this year/model are north of 6k
Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear. It looks clean, certainly something 5 figures. If you make sure there are no mechanical issues or accident history go with your gut and don't let the CIS clowns dissuade you.

Advertisement
View attachment 119059

Dude, you're talking about a $100k car. OP is asking whether he should buy a used 3rd gen c-class...it's an apples to ****** comparison...are you ok?

Dude, you're talking about a $100k car. OP is asking whether he should buy a used 3rd gen c-class...it's an apples to ****** comparison...are you ok?
Point being BMW makes a superior automobile. If I’m buying either used, I’m getting the one that’s engineered to kick the other ones ***.

Advertisement
Back