OT: Lincoln Riley Is A Scumbag

Attempting to block/reduce eligibility of a freakin' grad transfer. I'm against unfettered free agency in college football but if a kid earns a degree then he should have every right to go WHEREVER he wants without restriction.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...austin-kendall-2019-eligibility-west-virginia
frankly he wont win and we all k now it but understand it. its In conference to a team play all the time. teams don't want guys going to schools that are on schedule or in conference its why always got blocked before. but frankly riley will lose and public sentiment will force ou to withdraw this block we see it every year

Advertisement
Advertisement
I disagree,, you ain't loosing because your number 3 QB is playing for the other side. Dude could know the play being called that ain't making WVU defense stop that offense

So what? The aim is also to hurt your rival as much as possible as well as discourage other in conference opponents from poaching your roster. I think it’s a wise move.

Advertisement
Conference rule. They can’t block the transfer but he has to sit out a year in conference if his coach blocks his eligibility.

Riley could let him be eligible at WVU this year, but conference rules allow him to block his eligibility for this year so he would have to sit out this year at WVU

This. The guy is just being a prick to the kid.

There shouldn't be "conference rules" for this type of thing. There should be universal NCAA standards for each level of football.

There shouldn't be "conference rules" for this type of thing. There should be universal NCAA standards for each level of football.

You assume the NCAA has any shred of credibility as a governing body. The SEC schools paying their top players is almost a running inside joke now

Conference presidents, especially the SEC one, really run things.

Advertisement
Really now? Are you against unfettered movement of college football coaches?

I'm not having this debate or the "pay da playurrrz!" one right now. And the coach movement isn't exactly unfettered if you consider the buyout aspect.

It's weird that you'd try to go down that rabbit hole with me too here when I'm obviously advocating for MORE player freedom in these instances.

Advertisement
You assume the NCAA has any shred of credibility as a governing body. The SEC schools paying their top players is almost a running inside joke now

Conference presidents, especially the SEC one, really run things.

Ohhh, I'm not assuming. I'm just saying how it should* be. Yup, the entire governance of college football is a farce.

What is lost in all of this is the freshman QB they just signed that the head coach promised him they wouldn't be taking another QB this cycle.

Why not? Conferences shouldn't be completely governed at every turn by the NCAA.

People always complain about the restrictive oversight of the NCAA. This is a great example of a conference having some autonomy in its rules within conference.

Advertisement
Back