OT: Lawrence Phillips Dead

Advertisement
I had Aaron Hernandez in my prisoner death poll too. ****. Bright side is that Dr. Bennet Omalu hopefully will get his hand on Phillips' brain. There very well could be a link here!

Yeahhhh, as for Ol' Tom Osborne the blame for Phillips' life is a reach but the critique of him taking any "troubled" kid he could find is completely warranted. He seemingly only gets a pass for the cesspool he was running for a stretch of years there because of Nebraska's farm laden geography, the fact he went for 2 and because he gave off the impression that he cared about "bigger" things than football. The NCAA would have been so far up our collective *** had the same stuff went on here that we'd still be tasting lack of institutional control charges to this day.

Advertisement
He was a "violent" Sociopath. Some of us born with mental defects and he certainly was. Sadly his death will make many rest easier. The only thing he did good for society was the beat down he put on the Gateras

those 90's nebraska teams had true thugs, remember christian peter the biggest piece of new jersey trash was out raping and beating chicks regularly and still played.

Advertisement
coached me one year in college ball....when our hc tried to give him a lifeline...was quiet, seemed on the right track then..basm...got arrested.

sad...but dude was in the prison life and just had to kill his celly...he was apparently writing trying to get away from what was going on in there....dude he killed was rj soward's bro the former usc /nfl wr. the gang was probably after him as well

Misunderstood guy. He was a real sweetheart.

He dragged that ginger down the stairs by her hair because she was suffering from neck pain and that was proper protocol for transporting a c-spine injured patient back then. Times have changed, but you can't judge him for applying then-existing protocol even though it might offend sensibilities in today's PC world.

Medical providers used to apply leeches to the skin to cure ailments in the past too. They weren't bad guys either.

Dude, he wasn't a trained, licensed PT with certification in that particular hair-pulling transport technique. He violated the law by practicing without a license.

He gets no sympathy from me for doing that. For all we know, he DID apply leeches, another modality for which he was not trained and in which he was not licensed.

Advertisement
He obviously had very serious problems, just can't celebrate someone killing themself.

I agree completely.

While all of the bad is true about him, he wasn't born that way. Sometimes people with great parents turn out rotten and just needed their parents to do things a different way for them, look for outside help, or find some positive role model that gets through to them. Nobody ever did with him and I find that sad, same with a lot of people in this world.

Just so many variables as to why someone turns out the way they do, but it's sad to see stories like his. I'm not particularly sad for him necessarily as personal accountability is in play, but I'm sad he never got whatever it was he was missing.

On a much lighter note, he was an incredible talent at the collegiate level.

He wasn't given an education. Just like MANY kids who are passed into college, they aren't taught a darn thing. They are there to make the school money, NOT get an education. Yeah, he had the CHANCE to get an education, but if he could play football without it, why bother? That's the problem. Had he had to kept his nose clean, and I mean HAD to, maybe he straightens up. He got away with darn near everything at Nebraska just to keep him on the field. Like a spoiled child that doesn't know any better, he kept going to the candy dish.The adults that knew better turned the other way.
I actually find it sad. He was used for his athletic gifts by people every step of the way.

Poor soul. In return he was given a free education and millions of dollars. What a sad story.

He wasn't given an education. Just like MANY kids who are passed into college, they aren't taught a darn thing. They are there to make the school money, NOT get an education. Yeah, he had the CHANCE to get an education, but if he could play football without it, why bother? That's the problem. Had he had to kept his nose clean, and I mean HAD to, maybe he straightens up. He got away with darn near everything at Nebraska just to keep him on the field. Like a spoiled child that doesn't know any better, he kept going to the candy dish.The adults that knew better turned the other way.
I actually find it sad. He was used for his athletic gifts by people every step of the way.

Poor soul. In return he was given a free education and millions of dollars. What a sad story.

He was given a chance at an education. Whether he took advantage of that or not is on him. I don't even disagree with some of this but he's solely responsible for how his life (and death) turned out.

Advertisement
Lol at the negs I got. He dragged his girlfriend down the stairs by her hair at Nebraska. . World better place without him.

True, the world is a better place without him and if the death penalty was carried out quickly for crimes such as murder, rape, kidnapping .. then people would think twice before committing such acts and we would be safer and this country would be a better place to live in. God wants us to carry out these laws for our own protection. Life is so valuable and precious to God that only another life can pay the price for a crime such as murder.

With that said ,God does not rejoice in the death of anyone as he wants all men to be saved.

What does butch Davis have to do w this?

Advertisement
Back