OT: Jameson Williams torn ACL

umiamifan1

Those guys were flying around...
Seeing it live, it looked like an ACL and today it was confirmed. Terrible. Despite my hatred for Bama, I feel horrible for the kid as he's probably going to lose a couple mil by dropping in the first.

So this poses the question: Are more and more elite prospects simply going to sit out CFP and Bowl games to preserve their health and prepare for the draft? It's already happening to a lesser degree, but I think that it's going to become closer to the norm very soon, and honestly, I can't blame any kid who decides to sit out the final game with their future in mind.

Advertisement
Terrible news. Hope he makes it up and more on his next contract and through insurance.

As for the question raised in the OP: if a kid sits out the CFP for fear of getting injured, I wouldn't draft him. That same behavior will resurface when you're paying him in the NFL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thought of Willis when that **** happened last night. Bama wins if he doesn’t get hurt. Hopefully he got the draft insurance.

Terrible news. Hope he makes it up and more on his next contract and through insurance.

As for the question raised in the OP: if a kid sits out the CFP for fear of getting injured, I wouldn't draft him. That same behavior will resurface when you're paying him in the NFL.
If players saw compensation it wouldn’t happen..and doubt many if any would ever sit out a title unless it’s to protest that very issue

Advertisement
Seeing it live, it looked like an ACL and today it was confirmed. Terrible. Despite my hatred for Bama, I feel horrible for the kid as he's probably going to lose a couple mil by dropping in the first.

So this poses the question: Are more and more elite prospects simply going to sit out CFP and Bowl games to preserve their health and prepare for the draft? It's already happening to a lesser degree, but I think that it's going to become closer to the norm very soon, and honestly, I can't blame any kid who decides to sit out the final game with their future in mind.
I presume that in 2022 a team can take pre CFP measurable s into account. Willis got drafted in the first round with three torn knee ligaments in 2003.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back