OT: Ivins Kicked out

I think the issue with the coach is the reaction we saw on Twitter including the race shît. The issue with Ivins is saying he won’t give a good review to a Northwestern kid. I think everything up to that is on the AD.

It was highly unprofessional to not respond to Ivins requests and tell him he’s not allowed at their practice for whatever reason. As a public official, the AD has to be responsive and deal with the public properly, including those who are also members of the media. That’s just basic civil service 101.
Finally, a man of understanding

Advertisement
Yup agree...Ivins out of line, but dude didn't have to make it a race thing. I believe he may have thought Ivins was implying that as well, but that's when you really have a chance to take the high ground and show you're better.
Just lost respect for Ivins.

If you don't get a response from management, then you approach your coach contact(s) until you do. They should be able to put you in contact with someone that can help get you proper access.

Ivins, by taking the approach he has comes off very amateurish. Taking to Twitter just compounds the situation.

I dont know about this situation, when you argue with a fool some dont know which one is which.. so outside looking in im confused but knowing the west and how that situation works, not surprised. Heck we have coaches on staff who have had windows busted and tires slashed while coaching at the west.

There is always weird power struggles there that will not make sense to 99% of people. Heck they fired the state champion coach at end of season, then called him back to coach out playoffs, only thing that happen is chips fell where they did and they end up winning back 2 back states, LOL. How do you announce that after that?!

So who's more of a piece of **** the AD who had him kicked out of the spring game or Ivins who said he would give subpar reviews of Miami Northwestern players to all star games because he got kicked out of a spring game. The AD might be a jerk but what Ivins wrote means he is a piece of **** and means he shows bias in his reporting, how do we know he hasnt done this before because he doesnt like a certain coach or school? I tell you this I guarantee he has.

If you don't get a response from management, then you approach your coach contact(s) until you do. They should be able to put you in contact with someone that can help get you proper access.

Ivins, by taking the approach he has comes off very amateurish. Taking to Twitter just compounds the situation.

wrong.. the scrimmage was open....

Advertisement

You mean the same coaches who invited him to the scrimmage?

You mean the same coaches who invited him to the scrimmage?
If there was any confusion on Ivins part about him having proper access which there was because he stated he never got a response back from the Administration. Then he should have followed up further and not engaged the issue on Twitter. He should have taken the high road.

Advertisement
How about a D2 school in Kansas.. the dakotas.. etc who don’t have the recruiting budget to blow on plane trips to recruit Florida the write ups that these reporters do 247/ rivals (yes both reporters got kicked out) carry a lot of weight to help influence these dudes to come out and see if they can get lucky mining some talent

Again this doesn’t effect the 5star/4 Star kids at all who kill the camp circuit

It’s about the other 80% of the team that won’t sniff D-1 and could get a shot to escape on a full ride and make a better life

Right, but we're not talking about D2 Kansas kids or the print media days... With the advent of social media even D2 schools in Kansas, the Dakotas, etc.. have platforms, so these journalist shouldn't overplay their hand.

All the emotional people here mad at Ivins is pretty funny. Dude said something he should NOT (EDIT. Should not have said) have said, thought better of it, and took it down because he didn't really mean it.

Now he's the enemy and POS because his emotions got the better of him for a second. Man must mean everyone on here is a POS if that's the litmus test

Last edited:
Absolutely. Plenty of us have tried to explain. This is a business and its treated accordingly. Rankings are a joke and all about demographics that can support the income necessary.

Yeah I watched my brother in law dominate people in camps, Stanford Samuels in particular is one that comes to mind. And boy would I get some dirty looks by the coaches when I would get hyped for my brother in law. Quickly made me realize I was cramping their style with recruiting when I was vocal about the won rep. They were less concerned about evaluating this unknown who was killing people and much more concerned about stroking the ego of the 5 star (at the time) who just got beat.

Last edited:
Advertisement
All the emotional people here mad at Ivins is pretty funny. Dude said something he should have said, thought better of it, and took it down because he didn't really mean it.

Now he's the enemy and POS because his emotions got the better of him for a second. Man must mean everyone on here is a POS if that's the litmus test
Shut up

The AD is in the wrong. Ivins thought he was good with the coach invite and showed up. Then the AD goes even more in the wrong with having 5 cops toss him. Then that Warden dude says his stupid shît. Then Ivins says his stupid shît. And that’s where we are. A whole lot of stupid.

I agree...

Advertisement
All the emotional people here mad at Ivins is pretty funny. Dude said something he should have said, thought better of it, and took it down because he didn't really mean it.

GTFOH with that bullshyt... Difference is this isn't our job, but it is his, and how do you know he didnt mean it? you know him personally?

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT IRVIN'S GETS INTO A FIGHT WITH ANOTHER ADULT AND HIS RESPONSE TO THAT IS I'M GOING TO TRY TO HURT THE KIDS BY GIVING THEM BAD REVIEWS............. WHERE IS THIS THE RIGHT THING TO DO?

HE GONE F.UC.K AROUND AND GET INTO SOMETHING THAT GOES BEYOND JUST REPORTING.
Ivins (In my (f-in) opinion) needs to man up and go down to the school and apologize for acting like a fool. Doesn't make a difference who else is at fault.

Advertisement
Back