OT: is Dorito going to run Wefense at Houston?

Advertisement
From what I've read, he plans on running the same defense as his predecessor. Houston's already been through enough **** this year, the last thing they need is for No-D to revert to form.

If this is true, then it sounds like it was more Golden's scheme than his. No matter, totally ineffective.

The defense was Al Golden's but it was mainly based off the principals of Al Groh, another bum who couldn't coach a defense to save his life either.

One of the first things that D'Onofrio brought up when he got the Houston job was that he was going to run Todd Orlando's defense. HE could run Tony Orlando's defense and still be better than that crap he ran here.

Grohlden defense.

puking_hard.jpeg

OMG, that Nebraska game....I've worked hard to erase it from my memory....What a ***** show!

So sorry, Houston...

Advertisement
[video=youtube_share;OUNDZkWYqjA]https://youtu.be/OUNDZkWYqjA[/video]

EHLEET AT BEING A SAYFTEE

Who in the **** thought it was a good idea to ever release this? Then you top it off with a horror movie soundtrack and blur the white board as if the nuclear codes are written up there? Seeing all this old film makes me want to hug Richt and just cry on his shoulder out of joy.

I think he was trying to fatigue the opposing offenses by making them run up and down the field a lot. He wanted our offense to be fresh, so 3-outs on our side were encouraged, so that they could force their offensive players back on the field, before they'd had a chance to rest. The Notre Dame game in Chicago with the drive where they didn't throw a single pass was probably the best example of D'Onofrio's coaching genius.

• [h=3]1st and 10 at ND 14[/h]
    (9:10 - 3rd) George Atkinson III rush for 3 yards to the NDame 17.
  • [h=3]2nd and 7 at ND 17[/h]
    (8:40 - 3rd) Cierre Wood rush for 12 yards to the NDame 29 for a 1ST down.
  • [h=3]1st and 10 at ND 29[/h]
    (8:30 - 3rd) Cierre Wood rush for 6 yards to the NDame 35.
  • [h=3]2nd and 4 at ND 35[/h]
    (7:53 - 3rd) Cierre Wood rush for 6 yards to the NDame 41 for a 1ST down.
  • [h=3]1st and 10 at ND 41[/h]
    (7:24 - 3rd) George Atkinson III rush for 31 yards to the MiaFl 28 for a 1ST down.
  • [h=3]1st and 10 at MIAMI 28[/h]
    (6:55 - 3rd) Cierre Wood rush for 5 yards to the MiaFl 23.
  • [h=3]2nd and 5 at MIAMI 23[/h]
    (6:15 - 3rd) Cierre Wood rush for 6 yards to the MiaFl 17 for a 1ST down.
  • [h=3]1st and 10 at MIAMI 17[/h]
    (5:35 - 3rd) Cierre Wood rush for 3 yards to the MiaFl 14.
  • [h=3]2nd and 7 at MIAMI 14[/h]
    (4:50 - 3rd) George Atkinson III rush for 4 yards to the MiaFl 10.
  • [h=3]3rd and 3 at MIAMI 10[/h]
    (4:06 - 3rd) Cierre Wood rush for 2 yards to the MiaFl 8.
  • [h=3]4th and 1 at MIAMI 8[/h]
    (3:54 - 3rd) MIAMI FL penalty 4 yard Personal Foul on Darius Smith accepted.
  • [h=3]1st and Goal at MIAMI 4[/h]
    (3:32 - 3rd) Cierre Wood rush for 1 yard to the MiaFl 3.
  • [h=3]2nd and Goal at MIAMI 3[/h]
    (2:53 - 3rd) Cierre Wood rush for 3 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dammmmmm I knew Abdullah had a good game against us but I forgot we gave up 230 yards to him. I think that's why I lowkey hate dude now. This ***** was throwing up the upside U. I don't even remember him doing that at all. You should have left this video where it was at lol.

I'll admit, when I joined this board in '14 I wasn't on the Golden train. I wanted him gone but I was on the just chill, let everything play itself out side. The non mope side.!If we keep being ******, the staff will be fired, but at the same time we have the talent to turn it around. But after that Nebraska games is when I was like get this duck and his staff out of here. Just pause the video at the beginning of each play. In just about every run we are out matched and out leveraged before the ball is even snapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Oliver will be highly upset but I dont see him not putting pressure on the b cuz he can say I made all America as a freshman................this going to end ugly

Advertisement
These poor ******** are gonna end up wishing they drown in Harvey after about 2 quarters of Houston football this season.

Even the games we won were painful to watch during the Wefense era. The Nebraska game where we blew a 23 point lead in the 4th quarter but ultimately won in OT was infuriating.

Things I miss

1. Jersey color updates for effort , black unis being best
2. Dt's being 20 yards down field while not defending anything
3. Opponents drives lasting 10 minutes and getting every third down conversion
4.10 yard cushions
5. Depth chart updates with 4-3 personnel even though we ran a 3-4
6. Al taking the blame with no excuses every presser, then ripping off 5 excuses
7. Denofrio defending a tempo offense and feverishly going through his phone book sized play sheet
8 Ugly orange ties, dress shirt with khakis that's too big , and sneakers

The prevent D against GT at the goal line was the single dumbest thing I have ever seen in a football game, at any level. For the love of God, don't let them throw the ball into the stands.

View attachment 49401

You mean **** like this on 3rd and 3?

omg that's hard to look at. 3rd and 3 is bad enough, but this is 3rd and 3 vs Georgia Tech!!!

Advertisement
Back