OT: is Dorito going to run Wefense at Houston?

From what I've read, he plans on running the same defense as his predecessor. Houston's already been through enough **** this year, the last thing they need is for No-D to revert to form.

If this is true, then it sounds like it was more Golden's scheme than his. No matter, totally ineffective.

Advertisement
Things I miss

1. Jersey color updates for effort , black unis being best
2. Dt's being 20 yards down field while not defending anything
3. Opponents drives lasting 10 minutes and getting every third down conversion
4.10 yard cushions
5. Depth chart updates with 4-3 personnel even though we ran a 3-4
6. Al taking the blame with no excuses every presser, then ripping off 5 excuses
7. Denofrio defending a tempo offense and feverishly going through his phone book sized play sheet
8 Ugly orange ties, dress shirt with khakis that's too big , and sneakers

These items are the epitome of living though football ****. That's what we had to live through with Golden and Onofrio. It was a nightmare

Yall know I got your backs on this one

277bc2becf66b6bd15a7b3b86b1c087e.gif

It's funny when you see this and then look at guys like Arranda who have maybe a posit-it note.

Things I miss

4.10 yard cushions
6. Al taking the blame with no excuses every presser, then ripping off 5 excuses
7. Denofrio defending a tempo offense and feverishly going through his phone book sized play sheet

These items are the epitome of living though football ****. That's what we had to live through with Golden and Onofrio. It was a nightmare

There are few things that made me sicker than to get a team into 3rd and medium (5, 6, 7) and feel worse about our chances for a stop.

Advertisement
Dude I literally forgot about "Wefense" LOL. Don't forget, "yards don't matter."

That's when I knew we were in trouble.

But you actually made MANY Canes fans defending this quote at the time, and agreeing with it. MANY, were on this yards don't matter, it's the scoring defense that counts nonsense, because Golden and Onofrio said it! I wanted to punch some of these dudes that were defending this **** in the face. Yards don't matter my ****.

Things I miss

4.10 yard cushions

There are few things that made me sicker than to get a team into 3rd and medium (5, 6, 7) and feel worse about our chances for a stop.

It was remarkable how an opponent, once they got the initial first down, was almost guaranteed to convert every third down on the drive and put points on the board.

It still defies explanation, and was the most infuriating thing I have ever witnessed in all my years watching the Canes.

I read that they straight told him he has to run the defense that's already in place & his "defense" (i refuse to acknowledge that it's really a defense) will never be used there. So they hired him just to call someone else's plays, for a defense that someone else built.. & he'll still ***** things up!

Advertisement
The Greater Pinecrest Boy's Club feels they upgraded at DC after Doritos left for the Houston job when they hired Beano Cook.

Things I miss

4.10 yard cushions

Dude I seriously was more confident in a 3rd and 1 or 2 than 5-7 yards. Just look at the goal line stand at GT.

Anything between 3-15 yards felt automatic. It infuriated me watching a staff play defense allowing yards , which wore the defense out . Their actual goal was to give up tons of yards , just not points. Even though they still gave up points.

As a previous poster said " it was football ****".

Advertisement
From what I've read, he plans on running the same defense as his predecessor. Houston's already been through enough **** this year, the last thing they need is for No-D to revert to form.

If this is true, then it sounds like it was more Golden's scheme than his. No matter, totally ineffective.

The defense was Al Golden's but it was mainly based off the principals of Al Groh, another bum who couldn't coach a defense to save his life either.

One of the first things that D'Onofrio brought up when he got the Houston job was that he was going to run Todd Orlando's defense. HE could run Tony Orlando's defense and still be better than that crap he ran here.

The defense was Al Golden's but it was mainly based off the principals of Al Groh, another bum who couldn't coach a defense to save his life either.

One of the first things that D'Onofrio brought up when he got the Houston job was that he was going to run Todd Orlando's defense. HE could run Tony Orlando's defense and still be better than that crap he ran here.

Isn't that a 3-3-5?

I watched the video and I'm confused.

DId Dorito want to offer the 4.8 safety?

was the player Dorito wanted Colby Reeder?

Advertisement

Isn't that a 3-3-5?

I admittedly didn't watch a lot of Houston football the past couple seasons but from what I've read/seen, his defense is a base 3-4 but since they faced so many spread teams in the AAC, the were in nickel (3-3-5) for a majority of the games.

Orlando is a great young DC and a rising star. He ran an aggressive 3-4 at Houston and gave some major programs with better players fits with it.

Wish I could find the gif of Coach D'Onofrio shuffling pages of defensive plays on the sideline. I guess it's no coincidence that, in searching for it, I found this instead:

Cincinnati game. Oh so classic. I'd love to have that GIF in my life

Advertisement
Back