OT: Ireland/Scotland...where to go?

Advertisement
Again, Ireland refuses to even say what area or city that cases are occurring in:

Advertisement
Rumor has it that the locals **** on the Blarney Stone, to stick it to tourists.

Whether that's true or not the angle would certainly allow it...straight down and a few feet forward

Too bad about the timing of this stuff. I hope he gets to take the trip

I can still go, the ban is for non US citizens, at least right now. Just seems like a pain in the ***. You also have to come back from specific airports but they don't know which ones yet so I don't know if my flights coming back will get cancelled or not. I'm also flying back from Denmark which is on the list, Ireland and Britain aren't (where I start). This was not well thought out at all by the government.

My entire party is opting out now, I don't think I can get a flight refund as British Airways is apparently the only carrier taking a hard stance. We cancelled the Airbnb (there were 7 of us) so I don't have a place to stay although I don't think it will be hard to find spots if I do go. It's a mess.

The only good part is the music while I'm on hold with the airline is Rick Astley on repeat.

Flights are cheap. See if you can book a cheap one now for later this year.

Advertisement
I bailed, didn't want to get stuck or deal with a bunch of ****. Seems like we made the right choice. I got almost all my money back so it was an easy call. I'll probably go to Mexico though unless I have to quarantine to come back.

I bailed, didn't want to get stuck or deal with a bunch of ****. Seems like we made the right choice. I got almost all my money back so it was an easy call. I'll probably go to Mexico though unless I have to quarantine to come back.
I wouldn’t recommend it. We likely shut **** down any day now and the customs lines for reentry look like ****.

I wouldn’t recommend it. We likely shut **** down any day now and the customs lines for reentry look like ****.
True indeed. If I went there I'd just work remote and if I got stuck for a few weeks, I'd be cool with that.

Advertisement
That's my go-to move now when I have to cough in public.

I go "God****. I was fine last week in Italy. Must be the pollen here. Is it warm in here?"
The general response to a fever is for the skin to get warm before your core body. So, you tend to feel cold and have chills until your temperature rises to your skin temperature and you feel normal. Most people with fever don’t feel hot, although their temperature is elevated and they feel warm/hot to others. 🤓

Advertisement
Heck, I read Mexico was thinking of shutting down their border with us to get viurs out. Might be fake news but that would be a change.

Primary and secondary schools are closed in Mexico which started yesterday, I believe (more precautionary at this point).

Brazil and Chile are the ones that have the case counts running up.

Mexico has picked up over the past week or so, but still fewer than 100 total cases.

Hard to know how much testing is being done per country, of course.

If the coronavirus IS temperature sensitive Latin America (and Africa) could be better off.

Too early yet.

Heck, I read Mexico was thinking of shutting down their border with us to get viurs out. Might be fake news but that would be a change.

Advertisement
Back