OT: If you pay to watch these two purse swingers on Sat...

Cane Dynasty

Thunderdome Survivor
Then you are a cuck.

What a shamockery. A farce. A ***** as well.

I hang my head in shame that I allowed myself to live long enough to even see such a thing come to pass.

It's not even worth putting money up.

DINjXOyUwAACE-g.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is what happens when WWE gets involved in combat sports. Gotta give Conor credit his mouth has made him a hundred times what his talent alone would have ever made him. I won't watch because I only stay up late for canes games. But I'll be sure to catch the highlights. This fights going the distance because I don't think Mayweather can knock him out. But I'm not sure Conor will even hit him at a clip higher then twenty percent. Floyd will be too quick and his footwork will be too good. Guess we will see...

This is what happens when WWE gets involved in combat sports. Gotta give Conor credit his mouth has made him a hundred times what his talent alone would have ever made him. I won't watch because I only stay up late for canes games. But I'll be sure to catch the highlights. This fights going the distance because I don't think Mayweather can knock him out. But I'm not sure Conor will even hit him at a clip higher then twenty percent. Floyd will be too quick and his footwork will be too good. Guess we will see...

I agree with you. To think Connor will be able to do what no one in 49 fights has been able to (land legit punches) is crazy. Seasoned fighters who have been boxing their whole life haven't been able to land shots against Mayweather. Now Connor, after a couple months of boxing training is somehow supposed to come in and shock the world. I don't think so. McGregor will be the aggressor and will wear himself down about half way through the fight. Mayweather will jab and jab and keep his distance. Connor's mouth got him this fight and this payday. Now if this was MMA Mayweather would be done inside 30 secs...

Advertisement
Typical fixed fight with a huge payday and rematch. No way I'm watching it.

Typical fixed fight with a huge payday and rematch. No way I'm watching it.

Ah, which fighter winning makes for the bigger rematch? I think is has to be Connor, or there is not one. I made nice payday years ago on the Duran V Sugar Ray fight with that theory. I just doubt the Money will take a dive and ruin his record for another payday -- then again, his name is MONEY. Other than that, Connor might go the whole fight without touching him.

I'll be surprised is McGregor lands a punch. It's a fcking circus sideshow scam. Only chance McGregor has is if the fix is in, and that's a very real possibility with the money that should be flooding in on TMT.

Advertisement
Less than zero chance CM wins.

Very tiny chance it goes into later rounds.

This "fight" is a joke. A travesty. An insult to the sweet science.

But props to Mayweather and McGregor for scoring millions upon millions payday for a lame county fair exhibition. There's a sucker born every minute, and plenty of suckers are pouring millions into this.

What does it make me if I go to a friends who is ordering it and I just eat the food and drink the booze??

Smart if you're going there to eat free food, drink free booze, and catch a meaningless freak show.

A dumbfūck if you think McGregor has a real chance, or any kind of chance.

Advertisement
Watching Jo Koy at the Hard Rock then heading over to a friends house to watch the circus show (I mean fight)

It's definitely goin the distance. You have Floyd who is the best counter puncher of this era and Connor who won't be able to use 70% of his instinctual habits in the fight. There is a better chance that Connor gets DQ'd than there being a KO for either side.

Every so often an event comes along where you wish you had a betting account open. Here you have it ! As close to easy money as you will ever see.

Lots of dumb money coming in on McGregor forcing Vegas to give better odds on Mayweather. Mayweather should be a 70-1 fav but it is no where close to that.

Advertisement

he has puncher chance just like May would have a punchers chance in a UFC fight. Its $, the concern I would have if I was in charge of boxing you have everything to lose if Conner gets a lucky punch in

This fight is a shame and a major insult to any fan of either sport. MMA is only just gaining reputation as a legit sport (they only got approved in NY about a year or 2 ago) while boxing is on its dying legs. To put up a fight like this with any air of realism is a effing beyond disrespectful to the sport. At the very best this should be a gimmicky friday night charity fight on ESPN but these greedy f**ks are pushing it as though its real. Seems like money is everything nowadays and theres no respect for history or the culture of the sport. Connor gets his outrageous purse but is instantly wiped out in history and be remembered like a peter McNeely (Tyson). I doubt he fights in MMA again and if he does i dont see how he regains the momentum he had.

Most people i run into agree this is a circus show, i just hope people hold to their word and dont watch the fight and put showtime in hole/eat into the expected purse.

I agree with you, with the expected returns Im sure the idea of McGreggor "suprising" Mayweather has been floated and if it was anyone else but floyd id be fully convinced a fix was in for the rematch - but his ego has me falling short...though like you said, his nickname is money, so i wouldnt be surprised.

In my mind, anything other than a McGregor embarrassment is a fix

I like that angle....McGreggor comes out bat ****, gets lost in adrenaline and does an illegal move. DQ. Fans go crazy, instant talk for rematch at post fight interview

Advertisement
Back