OT: How about an OTH (otherthanhiphop) music thread?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not taking this too seriously with this one...

This is a UMiami site, right?

Ann Curless (the tall one) is a UM Frost Grad

Same for Bruce Hornsby, another Frost Grad

No caption needed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Toto - Africa. These guys aren’t very well known in the states but are huge in Europe. Steve Lukather is a great guitarist and the Porcaro brothers are great musicians.

Best sounding live band I’ve ever seen, hands down. Many people don’t know that Toto was made up of the Team A studio cats from L.A. back in the 70’s and 80’s.

The musicians on Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” were the members of Toto (except the guitar solo on “Beat It” which was performed/laid down by EVH).

Jeff Porcaro was one of the most recorded drummers in history, while Steve Lukather is an absolute beast of a guitar player. That drum groove shuffle on “Rossana” is to this day one of the baddest grooves ever laid down, and to make it sound legit is no easy task.

Best sounding live band I’ve ever seen, hands down. Many people don’t know that Toto was made up of the Team A studio cats from L.A. back in the 70’s and 80’s.

The musicians on Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” were the members of Toto (except the guitar solo on “Beat It” which was performed/laid down by EVH).

Jeff Porcaro was one of the most recorded drummers in history, while Steve Lukather is an absolute beast of a guitar player. That drum groove shuffle on “Rossana” is to this day one of the baddest grooves ever laid down, and to make it sound legit is no easy task.
Was finally able to scratch them off my bucket list 2 years ago in a small performing arts center in a small town in NE TN. Absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, the Procaro brothers were not there with Jeff having passed, but Steve was at his best.

Advertisement
Back