OT: How about an OTH (otherthanhiphop) music thread?

Advertisement
Believe it or not, I never saw a concert there. Not sure why, just never made it out there.
Wow.. you missed out... That place was a freaking dump but man they had great shows there.... And you had the drag strip on the other side of the lot.... some weekends for shows you get there early and they got races going on .... We would climb the fences and watch the races.. that was fun..

Advertisement
The smell of canibus was pervasive. I went to the Journey concert in 81 or 82 I think and some chick took her shirt off. Lol.
That happened at basically every metal show there... Catch a Crue show in the 80's or early 90's and chicks were running around naked in there... and I'm not kidding.. lol

Wow.. you missed out... That place was a freaking dump but man they had great shows there.... And you had the drag strip on the other side of the lot.... some weekends for shows you get there early and they got races going on .... We would climb the fences and watch the races.. that was fun..
No doubt about missing out. I did see a couple drag races and there was a 1/3 mile dirt track out there as well. My uncle used to run late model stock a couple of times a month. My cousin and I where his pit crew - gophers.

22365236_1761361357238935_7074570810167127870_n.jpg

Advertisement
No doubt about missing out. I did see a couple drag races and there was a 1/3 mile dirt track out there as well. My uncle used to run late model stock a couple of times a month. My cousin and I where his pit crew - gophers.
That was fun back then... there was nothing out there but the Sporto, the track and century village.. LOL!!!.... We would get baked and hit the cow pastures and go cow tipping or I should say attempt too, never actually did it but we ran out there like morons anyway..... Usually ended up just running through multiple cow patties and getting chased by a bull back to the fences ....
Couldn't get in the car cause we were covered in cow crap so had to put clothes in the trunk and drive home in our underwear... Thank god we didn't get pulled over.. really didn't wanna explain that to the cops and then my parents... LOL.

I saw them in 87 at the Orange Bowl and got sick and hour in... had to bail... That sucked but I was wrecked... Bad Mushrooms.. LMAO!!!
I saw The Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and the Doobie Brothers in the OB in 72-73 in June. Never been so **** hot in my life. Girls were in bikinis and those that weren’t, we’re stripping to their undies.

That was fun back then... there was nothing out there but the Sporto, the track and century village.. LOL!!!.... We would get baked and hit the cow pastures and go cow tipping or I should say attempt too, never actually did it but we ran out there like morons anyway..... Usually ended up just running through multiple cow patties and getting chased by a bull back to the fences ....
Couldn't get in the car cause we were covered in cow crap so had to put clothes in the trunk and drive home in our underwear... Thank god we didn't get pulled over.. really didn't wanna explain that to the cops and then my parents... LOL.
**** yea. Back then, out there was the boonies. The world stopped at University Drive.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back