OT: Happy Anniversary!!!

I can attest to booker t being a super stand up guy too. My mom used to win stuff on the radio all the time when the rock station in orlando was WDIZ. She won a trip to Vegas to see, im pretty sure, wrestlemania. She had pictures with lex, macho man lretty much every big name at the time as there was a special after party for the radio winners. Booker T remembered my mom and sister from a orlando show and asked my ma where my sister was. He called her a week later to talk to my sister for 10 mins saying how he missed her and cant wait till the next orlando show.

Were gonna need a second thread for that birthday playboy mansion story!

That’s so dope, man. Always wanted to meet Booker T, just so I could look at my 5x championship hand and shake my head. Lol.

Man; yeah the PB Mansion was a blast, but I’m going to assume it was toned down quite a bit since it truly was just a dinner evening, and not a wild celebrity party.

Got 22 kisses on my cheek from 22 different playmates. Most were not super famous, but all beautiful. Tracy Bingham was one of the 22, and I made her laugh by saying, ‘I think I need a do over from this one.’ Lol. Talked to Hugh for a quick like 1 min just thanking him, and shared a quick memory from Chicago as he gave me a pat on the back, said congrats, and pointed to my uncle and said he was a good dude.

Advertisement
That’s so dope, man. Always wanted to meet Booker T, just so I could look at my 5x championship hand and shake my head. Lol.

Man; yeah the PB Mansion was a blast, but I’m going to assume it was toned down quite a bit since it truly was just a dinner evening, and not a wild celebrity party.

Got 22 kisses on my cheek from 22 different playmates. Most were not super famous, but all beautiful. Tracy Bingham was one of the 22, and I made her laugh by saying, ‘I think I need a do over from this one.’ Lol. Talked to Hugh for a quick like 1 min just thanking him, and shared a quick memory from Chicago as he gave me a pat on the back, said congrats, and pointed to my uncle and said he was a good dude.
And you say your Gfather Shabazz is the pimp. Stop being humble...

I grew up in Tampa, and in the 70s my mother worked as a bookkeeper for a small accounting firm used by a number of professional wrestlers. This was when Florida was NWA territory. She used to get me autographs. Ironically, ’face’ Dusty Rhodes was the biggest jerk to get an autograph from, and ‘heel’ Superstar Billy Graham the nicest of them all.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yup. Everything is scripted. Unless you're a 🐐 on the mic. Promos kept the art of wrestling alive and can make the crowd relate, love ot hate you in just one word or phrase and that promo can make or break a wrestling career. Too many wrestlers looking to wow the audience with dumb *** spots in the ring and no selling moves and frequent kicking out of finishers.
I think I recall The Rock saying he stole a lot of his top one-liners from his DL coach at Miami. ‘Know your role and shut your mouth!”, “Whip all their candy asses”, and “It doesn’t matter what you think!”. Would that DL coach be Ed Ogeron?

I think I recall The Rock saying he stole a lot of his top one-liners from his DL coach at Miami. ‘Know your role and shut your mouth!”, “Whip all their candy asses”, and “It doesn’t matter what you think!”. Would that DL coach be Ed Ogeron?
This I didn't know. Wow.

Ed only coached Rock in 92....he left after that yr....Very possible...but McCracken was a Tough SOB as well from 93 onward...

Advertisement
One of the greatest promos in history. They don’t do it like that no more.

Wrestling is dead , it’s all gymnastics with no storylines , build up or psychology. In the words of Jim Cornette “ I miss the day’s when the marks were in the audience , not in the ring “. Truer words have never been spoken.

Wrestling is dead , it’s all gymnastics with no storylines , build up or psychology. In the words of Jim Cornette “ I miss the day’s when the marks were in the audience , not in the ring “. Truer words have never been spoken.
Yeah. I'm a smart. I can say I'm one of those crowds. But if Cornette should blame anyone, blame HHH, HBK, Hall and Nash in 1996 at MSG. The day kayfabe died.

I still love the art of wrestling, but no substance, no storytelling and no one that can pop out and make me say yeah, thats that one like Ric or Stone Cold or Dwayne. If you want some type of old school wrestlibg, New Japan is where its at.

It's the golden age of wrestling podcasts though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back