OT: Happy Anniversary!!!

I met Kevin Nash at warped tour in Orlando. He was watching i set my friends on fire waiting for A Day To Remember. Super cool dude.
I met Hulk Hogan, Hall and Nash in Kansas City at the October 4th 2000 show for WCW. Those who know that show knows about the Bret Hart vs Chris Benoit tribute to Owen match. Nash is very down to earth and Razor is cool asf.

Got to high 5 the Great One at a smackdown show in 03. Me and my unit in the 82D had free tickets thru our NCO who stayed next door to wrestler Shannon Moore (also best friends with the Hardy's) in Cameron, NC. Cool *** guy. He picked my NCO son out the crowd after the show went off tge air and did his schtick with him and asked that lil boy if he liked pie. Best moment in lil Steve's life. 😂😂😂

Also met Double J and Jeff Hardy at a TNA show. Jeff Jarrett is one cool mfer. The type you wanna throw some beers down with..

Advertisement
john oliver did a whole episode about how the wwe hires wrestlers as contract workers to get around having to give them significant health benefits... completely different from the union environments in the major pro sports.
Thats common knowledge to smarks. Shame wrestlers have to fight for their own health benefits working 300 days out the year.

I feel bad for a lot of these wrestlers, man. We know the results are scripted, but these cats put their bodies through ****, w/ very little to show for it unless u’re a mega star (which are far in between). “Dark Side of the Ring” is a great behind the scenes on our favorite wrestler’s lives. Smh. Sad af.
For real I came across this last night and the shts insane. I was never really that into wrestling but dark side of the ring is great and those old school wrestling cats were something else

I met Hulk Hogan, Hall and Nash in Kansas City at the October 4th 2000 show for WCW. Those who know that show knows about the Bret Hart vs Chris Benoit tribute to Owen match. Nash is very down to earth and Razor is cool asf.

Got to high 5 the Great One at a smackdown show in 03. Me and my unit in the 82D had free tickets thru our NCO who stayed next door to wrestler Shannon Moore (also best friends with the Hardy's) in Cameron, NC. Cool *** guy. He picked my NCO son out the crowd after the show went off tge air and did his schtick with him and asked that lil boy if he liked pie. Best moment in lil Steve's life. 😂😂😂

Also met Double J and Jeff Hardy at a TNA show. Jeff Jarrett is one cool mfer. The type you wanna throw some beers down with..

3 count! Lol man I forgot about some of these gems.

Advertisement
For real I came across this last night and the shts insane. I was never really that into wrestling but dark side of the ring is great and those old school wrestling cats were something else

So my buddy put me on to ECW back in the day. In L.A, that chit used to come on at weird hrs on a weird channel. He’s bout 12 yrs older than me, and he was out doing business in Philly and his partner took him to this underground hardcore chit, called Eastern Championship Wrestling, which turned to ExtremeCW. My boy is hyped off this dude New Jack. He goes, “Rell, this **** was kicking (n-word) a$$e$ but the music was playing the entire time. He was beating ppl w/ trash cans, pizza cutters, chairs, rolled barb wire, and the crowd was throwing chit in the ring!”
Lol. Yeah, that was New Jack but what we thought was an act, was real life for this dude. The dude is legit f’d in the head. His story on Dark Side was just......man!

My uncle, who’s a 6-10 white guy (legit uncle...he gotta little black in him. Lol) met Hogan at Gold’s Gym in Venice. Hulk got him in to wrestling. His name was supposed to be Tower of Power, but he suffered a herniated disk. He was apart of some gimmicky promos for WWF at the playboy mansion. This is him as the “body guard” opening the door. Lol.

One of the greatest promos in history. They don’t do it like that no more.
Yup. Everything is scripted. Unless you're a 🐐 on the mic. Promos kept the art of wrestling alive and can make the crowd relate, love ot hate you in just one word or phrase and that promo can make or break a wrestling career. Too many wrestlers looking to wow the audience with dumb *** spots in the ring and no selling moves and frequent kicking out of finishers.

Advertisement
My uncle, who’s a 6-10 white guy (legit uncle...he gotta little black in him. Lol) met Hogan at Gold’s Gym in Venice. Hulk got him in to wrestling. His name was supposed to be Tower of Power, but he suffered a herniated disk. He was apart of some gimmicky promos for WWF at the playboy mansion. This is him as the “body guard” opening the door. Lol.

Viva la raza! Man thats so dope. I bet he has some cool stories about that time.

I met daddy Windham aka blackjack mulligan at blue springs In orange city. He was scuba diving and my pops recognized him taking of his gear near his truck. He was legit the biggest human I had ever seen at the time. I mustered up the courage to ask him if he was who he was and he said he was incognito. Which was hilarious when I wqs old enough to understand what he meant. Dude was 6'8 300 lbs. Couldn't be more obvious lol

Viva la raza! Man thats so dope. I bet he has some cool stories about that time.

I met daddy Windham aka blackjack mulligan at blue springs In orange city. He was scuba diving and my pops recognized him taking of his gear near his truck. He was legit the biggest human I had ever seen at the time. I mustered up the courage to ask him if he was who he was and he said he was incognito. Which was hilarious when I wqs old enough to understand what he meant. Dude was 6'8 300 lbs. Couldn't be more obvious lol

LMAO.

Man, most of these wrestlers are real cool. My unc definitely has some cool stories; and he was able to parlay that into other gigs for WWF. Hugh Hef really did hire him as a body guard for 3 yrs (spent my 22nd b-day there at The Mansion.)

However, there’s been some real a-holes too. My co-worker met or tried to meet Randy Orton and she said he was a complete a$$. She said HHH was, as well; but Ted Dibiase, Roman Reigns, and Booker T were straight class acts, per her....and she’s a wrestling groupie. Lol.

I personally met Chyna, who didn’t look that manish in person, actually. She was dope af, personality wise. Met Eddie G via my uncle, and that **** really was like he was on TV. (R.I.P) Super cool, funny dude. Met Taker at Universal Studios during Freight Fest back in like 2007. Man, I acted like a little bih screaming “OH CHIT, OH CHIT, IT’S THE UNDERTAKER YA’LL.” Lol.

They just don’t make wrestling stars that’s personable anymore.

Last edited:
The Tampa Bay Area is like a haven for pro wrestlers past and present. For whatever reason a ton of them live there. I used to see Billy Gunn out in Orlando on occasion. My buddy waited on him at Longhorn steakhouse back when we were in college. Said he was a cool *** dude. Even offered to sign an autograph. Before he moved to California, The Rock used to live right across the street from a friend of mine in Davie/SW Ranches. She said he was private but friendly. Always blasting classic rock music from his garage or patio.

The Tampa Bay Area is like a haven for pro wrestlers past and present. For whatever reason a ton of them live there. I used to see Billy Gunn out in Orlando on occasion. My buddy waited on him at Longhorn steakhouse back when we were in college. Said he was a cool *** dude. Even offered to sign an autograph. Before he moved to California, The Rock used to live right across the street from a friend of mine in Davie/SW Ranches. She said he was private but friendly. Always blasting classic rock music from his garage or patio.
When I was an Executive Sous Chef at the SanDestin Bch Hilton back in 93...I was called out of the Kitchen by Jimmy Snuka (who was with Ricky Steamboat) to ask me if I'd prepare his Grouper a certain way...(True Story)...Lol...he was very health conscious..

Advertisement
Yup. Everything is scripted. Unless you're a 🐐 on the mic. Promos kept the art of wrestling alive and can make the crowd relate, love ot hate you in just one word or phrase and that promo can make or break a wrestling career. Too many wrestlers looking to wow the audience with dumb *** spots in the ring and no selling moves and frequent kicking out of finishers.
Arm bar , over the top dump, dive spot to the outside. Rinse and repeat....

My favorite growing up. BlackJack Mulligan. The Brass knucks championship against Kareem Muhammad in CW from Fl. Is etched in my mind forever.

LMAO.

Man, most of these wrestlers are real cool. My unc definitely has some cool stories; and he was able to parlay that into other gigs for WWF. Hugh Hef really did hire him as a body guard for 3 yrs (spent my 22nd b-day there at The Mansion.)

However, there’s been some real a-holes too. My co-worker met or tried to meet Randy Orton and she said he was a complete a$$. She said HHH was, as well; but Ted Dibiase, Roman Reigns, and Booker T were straight class acts, per her....and she’s a wrestling groupie. Lol.

I personally met Chyna, who didn’t look that manish in person, actually. She was dope af, personality wise. Met Eddie G via my uncle, and that **** really was like he was on TV. (R.I.P) Super cool, funny dude. Met Taker at Universal Studios during Freight Fest back in like 2007. Man, I acted like a little bih screaming “OH CHIT, OH CHIT, IT’S THE UNDERTAKER YA’LL.” Lol.

They just don’t make wrestling stars that’s personable anymore.

I can attest to booker t being a super stand up guy too. My mom used to win stuff on the radio all the time when the rock station in orlando was WDIZ. She won a trip to Vegas to see, im pretty sure, wrestlemania. She had pictures with lex, macho man lretty much every big name at the time as there was a special after party for the radio winners. Booker T remembered my mom and sister from a orlando show and asked my ma where my sister was. He called her a week later to talk to my sister for 10 mins saying how he missed her and cant wait till the next orlando show.

Were gonna need a second thread for that birthday playboy mansion story!

Advertisement
On or around May 20, I was up at Berns and he was at the table next to mine (socially distanced). Just him and his daughter. He had some kind of fancy walking stick, I think it had a silver head, and the way he moved, I got the impression his knees looked shot. In fact, the way he moved you can tell he has significant lower body musculoskeletal issues, osteoarthritis, etc. Honestly felt bad for him.

Interestingly enough, there were two little old ladies, I would say easily in theair late 80s, having themselves some nice steak and wine sitting across the room for us. We were like, well they probably said fūck it, we’re gonna go have a steak and throw caution to the wind

I was working at a hotel on South Beach back when his family was doing the reality show down here. Everything is obviously anecdotal but I met Hogan several times and he was always super cool with everyone that approached him. That's fairly impressive when you consider the amount of fame he's lived with and that it turns out that was also apparently the time when his marital troubles were in full effect.

I also will absolutely never blame anyone for refusing to pass up a meal at Bern's - especially someone of advanced age.

Advertisement
Back