OT Getting new puppy and need name

American Pitbull terriers have one of the highest temperaments of any breed. I've had generations that run back 60 years. Every dog my family has ever owned was great. It is a very abused and most misunderstood breed. You treat them right and they'll have your back everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. APBT is the only breed for me as far as unconcerned.

This^. Most people wouldn't know how to identify a true pitbull terrier from a hole in the wall, and that leads to a lot of cases of misidentification. They're quite a few dog breeds that people often mistake as a pitbull, and well let's be honest, a news story saying "Pitbull Attack" is going to get more hits than just "Dog Attack". I'm not saying that all pits are innocent at all, but there are more than a few cases that pits have unfairly gotten the blame for. Pits are normally not human aggressive. But bad dogs, usually have bad dog owners, regardless of breed. Some have been abused, starved, trained to fight, giving drugs, fed gunpowder, etc. You take a dog that is really strong, and that has been abused like that.... you're probably gonna have a problem.

Yes, that's true. There are a lot of breeds that get lumped in. A number have the potential to do a lot of damage, a lot more than the typical breed, when they bite. I sometimes hear of something called the "bully" breeds, and I don't know if this means the pits and other breeds also notorious for being dangerous. That's not to say the notoriety is always justified. There was that woman killed in San Francisco some years ago by a Cana Presario, or something along those lines. There are other breeds that have been known to kill or seriously harm people, other dogs, and especially young children. You just hear of it more with some breeds than, say, Goldens or Labs. (Some here might say anything named "Golden" is soft, anyway.)

Advertisement
cane.jpg

Cane at 10 weeks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
untitled.jpg

This was at 12 weeks. He was 18 lbs. Now at 14 weeks he just hit 25 lbs. Cane is turning into a mighty fine dog and he hasn't eaten anyone yet!!!

Great looking pup. I recently lost mine to cancer and I'll be looking to adopt a new one eventually.

15380869_10210476549008510_6318141574063427945_n.jpg

7 months and 60 lbs. Still hasn't eaten anyone for those of you wondering. He likes to try and lick me to death though. He is getting fixed in 2 weeks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back