OT Gary Patterson

Exactly. A while back I heard a kid maybe about 10 Y/O use the word, and I corrected em' without using the word. So if I corrected em' without using the word, so can white coaches...they're just looking for an excuse to say the word.
Sounds like you're just looking for an excuse to complain and be offended.

Advertisement
There was an old saying "Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see...WITH YOUR OWN EYES". All of a sudden, we have a whole lot of perfect human beings that think it's their obligation to speak on the faults of others. Karma is a boomerang.
This generation is learning that temper tantrums and lies gets you a seat at the table.

LOL! Yeah, just what I figured, you won't go around a group of black men and repeat the word...typical.
I grew up and played ball with many black young men and we ALL said the word, black white, Spanish, etc. As long as it had an "a" there was no harm, no foul. This generation is soft.

Advertisement
I grew up and played ball with many black young men and we ALL said the word, black white, Spanish, etc. As long as it had an "a" there was no harm, no foul. This generation is soft.
Uhhhh, what does this have to do with a 60 Y/O white man repeating the N word? And the black kids you grew up with were soft, you wouldn't have made it home with your teeth if you used the N word around me or my people. Spanish kids, maybe, but white boys, neva dat LOL.

This explains a lot.

I wonder where I've heard this before. Oh yeah...

"Hi, this is Sal Governale, and unfortunately, yesterday on the Wrap-Up Show, I made a few comments that some considered to be racist and offensive. If I did offend you, I deeply apologize from the bottom of my heart. What I was simply trying to do was make a joke over the fact that white women generally don't have *** with black men. It was simply a joke, and the joke got out of hand, because in this situation it was true. People were offended. It doesn't matter what type of baby you have whether it be white, black, Italian, the important thing here, that we can learn from this, is a) you shouldn't drink and do drugs, because you might end up in a situation that you regret, whether it be a white child or a black child, and b) I have personally learned that when I address things, I should address them in a much better way, in a specific way, as not to offend people. Black people, white people, Spanish, Italian, or whatever, whatever the case may be. I sincerely mean this. I sincerely stand behind the fact that I was joking, and I sincerely apologize over the fact that people were offended. I am not a racist. Thank you for your time."

Advertisement
Uhhhh, what does this have to do with a 60 Y/O white man repeating the N word? And the black kids you grew up with were soft, you wouldn't have made it home with your teeth if you used the N word around me or my people. Spanish kids, maybe, but white boys, neva dat LOL.
He didn't use the "n" word or call them that, he was telling them not to say it. Reading is fundamental. We were all friends and it was slang, we all knew there was no disrespect.

This explains a lot.

I wonder where I've heard this before. Oh yeah...

"Hi, this is Sal Governale, and unfortunately, yesterday on the Wrap-Up Show, I made a few comments that some considered to be racist and offensive. If I did offend you, I deeply apologize from the bottom of my heart. What I was simply trying to do was make a joke over the fact that white women generally don't have *** with black men. It was simply a joke, and the joke got out of hand, because in this situation it was true. People were offended. It doesn't matter what type of baby you have whether it be white, black, Italian, the important thing here, that we can learn from this, is a) you shouldn't drink and do drugs, because you might end up in a situation that you regret, whether it be a white child or a black child, and b) I have personally learned that when I address things, I should address them in a much better way, in a specific way, as not to offend people. Black people, white people, Spanish, Italian, or whatever, whatever the case may be. I sincerely mean this. I sincerely stand behind the fact that I was joking, and I sincerely apologize over the fact that people were offended. I am not a racist. Thank you for your time."
No one here is talking about any race procreating with any other race or portraying an opinion on it. Stop trying to twist stuff and create a hostile takeover, with your "used to be a registered Republican" triggered ***.

He didn't use the "n" word or call them that, he was telling them not to say it. Reading is fundamental. We were all friends and it was slang, we all knew there was no disrespect.
I didn't say He called Him the N word. Look Bro, all I'm saying is that you can get somebody to stop saying the word without repeating the word.

Advertisement
Wait... I thought everyone agreed the AD hired the HC? But we're gonna blame Shalalalala for that?

Only said this about five million times on this board, but at Miami, the Trustees make the HC decision, even if informally.

We hired cheap for YEARS not because we didn't "have" the money, but because we didn't want to allocate it to the HC hire. If James didn't change that with the Richt hire we'd probably have Patrick Nix as HC right now.

Not true. This was the major complaint about Shalalalalalalalala. She was not qualified to hire football coaches yet she was the one making the decision. She set us back years by herself. She said "I like to look for the up and comer....the guy ready for the next step." Hiring Randy screwed both Randy and UM. He was completely unprepared for that job and got completely undressed as a HC

Not true. This was the major complaint about Shalalalalalalalala. She was not qualified to hire football coaches yet she was the one making the decision. She set us back years by herself. She said "I like to look for the up and comer....the guy ready for the next step." Hiring Randy screwed both Randy and UM. He was completely unprepared for that job and got completely undressed as a HC

Yup, and She kept Golden around too long.

Advertisement
Golden should have been canned when he went crawling back to Pedo St and they didnt want him
Lol, I remember staying up late one night on 247 as they were tracking planes. I just knew Golden was on one, I wanted so much for he and his fat *** bff forever to go back home.

There was an old saying "Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see...WITH YOUR OWN EYES". All of a sudden, we have a whole lot of perfect human beings that think it's their obligation to speak on the faults of others. Karma is a boomerang.
This generation is learning that temper tantrums and lies gets you a seat at the table.
People in glass houses should not throw stones...

Why can't it be both?

Can't the kid be a little soft and can't the coach be worng for using the word?
Here is what I don't understand for the life of me, and maybe some of our caucasian brothers on here can explain.
Why do white people have to actually say n***a, or worse, N***er when giving the example of "don't say that word"?
You don't have to repeat the slur to explain to people not to use the slur.
The reality is that there are simply many, many slurs that can ONLY be used by people within that group. Italians, Jews, East Indians (like myself), East Asians, Arabs all have slurs that they use amongst themselves. Why is it so hard for others to not use those words?
Maybe i'm ignorant or soft but to me it has always been pretty simple.

Advertisement
Back