OT Gary Patterson

Advertisement
Gary Patterson said

The student sounds more educated, thoughtful, measured, rational and intelligent than that clown show of a teacher. I know I shouldn’t laugh, but I couldn’t help it, listening that buffoon teacher use the the word and think it’s ok because he puts an ”a” at the end instead of a hard “r”.

I don’t know how old that clip is but let him come down here and start throwing it around. He’ll learn real quick. Idiot clown.

I’ve got no problem with kids using around their friends in a casual setting U feel me..but don’t use it in meeting rooms, in the facility around staff etc especially in a outlandish way..of this kid was guilty of that I have no problem with Patterson checking him on it regardless if he repeated the word the KID HIMSELF used in the meeting or not..this tryna make it seem as tho the coach called him a *****

This is a good point but professionalism (which is not all of it, but a major part -- you sure as **** couldn't say that in most jobs) has always been very gray in football. If it's not appropriate in a meeting room, is it OK in the locker room? Of course if they're outside facilities they can say whatever they want.

If college football starts to get the me too treatment, things are gonna get weird.

Advertisement
When Shalala called JJ, for his advice on who to hire after Clappy got Clapped Off...
JJs response, Gary Patterson....Shalala turns around and hires Shannon....

Wait... I thought everyone agreed the AD hired the HC? But we're gonna blame Shalalalala for that?

Only said this about five million times on this board, but at Miami, the Trustees make the HC decision, even if informally.

We hired cheap for YEARS not because we didn't "have" the money, but because we didn't want to allocate it to the HC hire. If James didn't change that with the Richt hire we'd probably have Patrick Nix as HC right now.

Sounds like a kid that's a bit sour for not getting any playing time. Transfer, or get better; don't try to make the coach look bad over some **** he called you out for doing in meetings. The **** world is getting soft and it probably will never get
This is a good point but professionalism (which is not all of it, but a major part -- you sure as **** couldn't say that in most jobs) has always been very gray in football. If it's not appropriate in a meeting room, is it OK in the locker room? Of course if they're outside facilities they can say whatever they want.

If college football starts to get the me too treatment, things are gonna get weird.
Thing is coaches are rarely around the whole team in a everyday locker room setting..but nah if staff is around using that word, swearing outlandishly etc is not appropriate..idk what coach wouldn’t check that type of **** when present

Wait... I thought everyone agreed the AD hired the HC? But we're gonna blame Shalalalala for that?

Only said this about five million times on this board, but at Miami, the Trustees make the HC decision, even if informally.

We hired cheap for YEARS not because we didn't "have" the money, but because we didn't want to allocate it to the HC hire. If James didn't change that with the Richt hire we'd probably have Patrick Nix as HC right now.

Correction, we have donors who have the money, but for whatever reason they didn't want to spend more for whomever or they weren't given the right candidates by the administration here.

In our case, we see what kind of money can be brought to the table and if it's there we go after whatever coach.

If someone were to suggest Urban Meyer for example, the first question would be what does the budget allow. The next question would be where can we get the rest. You then go to your heavy donors and see if they're willing to make it happen. We aren't flush with cash like the Gates and FSU in state due to a large donor base. Even they have to go to the guys with money though.

Advertisement
In that situation, like that, you sure as well bet I would. I'm not using that name on anyone. It would be no different than saying you aren't going to call a woman a butch, ho, trick, etc.

Ahhhh, so you're just looking for an excuse to say the word, gotcha.

Ahhhh, so you're just looking for an excuse to say the word, gotcha.

Nah, you're just some dumb sensitive type m'fer with a chip on your shoulder. Soft, like this young man crying foul rather than realizing he was in the wrong and needed his *** checked.

Word usage is often based on intent. There was no ill intent with the words usage at that time. There is no word you can't say, you're Charmin soft if you think there is. There most certainly are ways not to use words and saying you shouldn't refer to a woman as a ho, *****, ****, etc is far different from calling a specific woman a ho, ****, *****, etc.

Nah, you're just some dumb sensitive type m'fer with a chip on your shoulder. Soft, like this young man crying foul rather than realizing he was in the wrong and needed his *** checked.

Word usage is often based on intent. There was no ill intent with the words usage at that time. There is no word you can't say, you're Charmin soft if you think there is. There most certainly are ways not to use words and saying you shouldn't refer to a woman as a ho, *****, ****, etc is far different from calling a specific woman a ho, ****, *****, etc.
LOL! Yeah, just what I figured, you won't go around a group of black men and repeat the word...typical.

LOL! Yeah, just what I figured, you won't go around a group of black men and repeat the word...typical.

So you're soft and dense? I would've said it right there as he apparently did in the context he did, **** sure I wouldn't have a problem calling out the stupidity of someone using the **** word. I've done it many times in life and it's from a place of respect. Sometimes gotta teach the young men of the next generation that you gotta respect yourself if you want respect.

Advertisement
Thing is coaches are rarely around the whole team in a everyday locker room setting..but nah if staff is around using that word, swearing outlandishly etc is not appropriate..idk what coach wouldn’t check that type of **** when present
Exactly. A while back I heard a kid maybe about 10 Y/O use the word, and I corrected em' without using the word. So if I corrected em' without using the word, so can white coaches...they're just looking for an excuse to say the word.

So wait..jit mad over PT (made that clear). Coach Ribs him for posting On national GF day (coaches rib players for stuff like this all the time) jit allegedly using the N word in team meetings (which should be a no no in that setting) a coach calls him out on it but now jit acting like the coach referred to him as the N-word😭😭😭...I’ll be be ******* damned we have another Jessie situation

you get an idea where it was heading when it starts with “I was promised early pt”

Exactly. A while back I heard a kid maybe about 10 Y/O use the word, and I corrected em' without using the word. So if I corrected em' without using the word, so can white coaches...they're just looking for an excuse to say the word.
Honestly u can’t put it past some coaches and ppl..but from the backlash his other teammates gave him on social media it doesn’t seem at all like that was the issue

Advertisement
Yikes, I used to think today’s collage football coaches were HIGHLY over paid. Not anymore. Can you imagine coaching these insta-twitter soft shoulder brats today.

“They said I could start” Wa wa,
“They said I would play” wa wa!!
“I’m going to twitter and IG to seek some attention.“

Pathetic,
I’ll bet he had all the talent to play or start but with that weak mentality guy never had a chance.

If you think Shalala didn't have "Final" say in Shannons hiring...I don't know what to tell you....

Advertisement
Back