OT- Game of Thrones - Season 7

Thanks for the links. See this is the type of stuff I don't get into. I just watch the show since that first Sunday, and have waited the year between each season for 7 years now. I forget ish. But it's good because it's safe to start reading now.

Advertisement
Thanks for the links. See this is the type of stuff I don't get into. I just watch the show since that first Sunday, and have waited the year between each season for 7 years now. I forget ish. But it's good because it's safe to start reading now.

Didn't mean to down vote

Can someone explain to me the process of how Bran could be "green lighted" to the past? How Bran could get trapped there? Who is Leaf? And how could he make Bran the Night King? Or maybe just simply: how could Bran possibly be the Night King (two different people at the same time)?

Its called Greensight. Bran is special because he is a Greenseer and a Warg. And that allows him to have visions of the future. Him seeing the past is supposed to be through the Weirwood trees. I think the show went a different way from it strictly being through the Weirwood trees just so it would be easier for them to show the Tower of Joy scene. Leaf is one of the Children of the Forrest (CotF), the one that stabbed one of the "first men" in the heart with the dragonglass and created the White Walkers....This is likely the reason Dragonglass can kill WW and Wights.

Anyways, The Bran is the Night King theory is okay. But I doubt it'd be true. I think you can definitely see instances where Bran is changing the past, and that all makes complete sense. But the theory that he skinchanged into that First Man, and became the Night King is the part that likely won't be true. I think they have a connection because their power both comes from the same place - the CotF. Would it surprise me if Bran needs to die (Or lose his powers) before the Night King can be killed? No. But I also think the Dragons will need to die too. Basically I think magic will come to an end when the battle for the dawn is over.

A few things bother me about the show at this point. Everyone saw the situation with the dragon coming a mile away, too predictable, what is/are the Whitewalkers end game, who are they why do they want to kill everyone, what's their point? Is there a kingdom off somewhere with whitewalker wives and kids running around that they're fighting to protect?
Maybe someone whos read the books can shed some light on this for me????

Everything is so predictable because the show is almost over. Everything is coming to an end, so these predictions we are making are very informed. They aren't like they were at the beginning of the show where we knew absolutely nothing. And remember most of the people creating the popular theories are people who have read the books which have been out for 20 years. So the theories/Predictions people have been forming for a long *** time are finally starting to come true, and countless others have been proven false. Did you see the Night King getting a dragon in season 4? or even in season 6/first few episodes of season 7? Probably not, yet they've had GRRM's outline of the series from the very beginning. The show shouldn't be unpredictable purely to be unpredictable....that seems like whats happening with the Arya-Sansa-LF plotline, and it kinda sucks.

White Walkers were created by the Children of the Forrest to fight off the First Men who were invading their lands, killing them, and burning down their sacred Weirwood trees. So they used magic to shove a piece of Dragonglass into a mans heart, and he became the first White Walker. The Children used dragonglass to control the White Walkers, but eventually they could no longer control them and the army of the dead they created. So, the Children and the First Men allied together to defeat a common enemy - the White Walkers.
So basically the White Walkers were created with the purpose to kill the living. Also, throughout the show we've come across many Gods. The two main ones have been Death and Life. The God of Life being The Lord of Light and probably 6 of the 7 "New Gods", and probably the Weirwood trees the Children of the Forrest/North believes in. The God of death is the ones the Faceless men prey to, the Drowned God, and the Stranger (one of the "New Gods"). And The White Walkers might be a representation of the God of Death (remember Beric and Jons talk this episode?). Who will be the representation of the God of Light? Likely Azor Ahai/Prince that was Promised - who I think is Jon.

I'm never a person that chooses to Read over Watch the movie, but Honestly, the books are way better than the show from a plot standpoint.
There is a LOT of stuff the show cut out, and a lot of stuff the show chose to do completely differently. The first and second book are very similar to the first couple seasons, but after that its like you will be reading a slightly different story. But since you've seen the show, you can look for foreshadowing/bran altering history/symbolic **** in the first couple books that are very subtle.

Advertisement
A few things bother me about the show at this point. Everyone saw the situation with the dragon coming a mile away, too predictable, what is/are the Whitewalkers end game, who are they why do they want to kill everyone, what's their point? Is there a kingdom off somewhere with whitewalker wives and kids running around that they're fighting to protect?
Maybe someone whos read the books can shed some light on this for me????

Everything is so predictable because the show is almost over. Everything is coming to an end, so these predictions we are making are very informed. They aren't like they were at the beginning of the show where we knew absolutely nothing. And remember most of the people creating the popular theories are people who have read the books which have been out for 20 years. So the theories/Predictions people have been forming for a long *** time are finally starting to come true, and countless others have been proven false. Did you see the Night King getting a dragon in season 4? or even in season 6/first few episodes of season 7? Probably not, yet they've had GRRM's outline of the series from the very beginning. The show shouldn't be unpredictable purely to be unpredictable....that seems like whats happening with the Arya-Sansa-LF plotline, and it kinda sucks.

White Walkers were created by the Children of the Forrest to fight off the First Men who were invading their lands, killing them, and burning down their sacred Weirwood trees. So they used magic to shove a piece of Dragonglass into a mans heart, and he became the first White Walker. The Children used dragonglass to control the White Walkers, but eventually they could no longer control them and the army of the dead they created. So, the Children and the First Men allied together to defeat a common enemy - the White Walkers.
So basically the White Walkers were created with the purpose to kill the living. Also, throughout the show we've come across many Gods. The two main ones have been Death and Life. The God of Life being The Lord of Light and probably 6 of the 7 "New Gods", and probably the Weirwood trees the Children of the Forrest/North believes in. The God of death is the ones the Faceless men prey to, the Drowned God, and the Stranger (one of the "New Gods"). And The White Walkers might be a representation of the God of Death (remember Beric and Jons talk this episode?). Who will be the representation of the God of Light? Likely Azor Ahai/Prince that was Promised - who I think is Jon.

Excellent post, the predictability angle makes sense. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I think the season finale really saved the Sansa-Arya-LF plotline. Because I was not really liking that at all....until I saw Arya walking into the room with Bran and a **** load of other people there (because no way Sansa was killing Arya with so many people including her brother).

I loved the Jaimie-Cersei scene, and have been waiting for it for a long time. However after this season, I actually believe that cersei really is pregnant, and before I thought that was BS.

Think they did the Complete Jon/Aegon!!! lineage reveal really well. Literally the only thing that I wish this season could have shown but didn't was Jon....**** meant Aegon....riding Rhaegal, and more of Ghost. But I'm sure both will happen next season.

Advertisement
I was just thinking that: where is Bran? My expectation level of his involvement in this war went maybe unrealistically through the roof after his scenes with the one-eyed Raven and the Children. My favorite line was, "you'll never walk again...you'll fly", but beginning to see that it only means he will be able to see thru the eyes of flying ravens. That ability is a great contribution, but I just expected more (maybe it will come). Bran literally flying himself, would've been kinda corny in hindsight.
More than that was when Jojen Reed told him "No one can do that." When talking about warging into Hodor. Most wargs can do the bird thing, remember the Thenn's (bald things beyond the wall), but they can't warg into people.

Very true! Thanks, my expectation level for Bran just went back up.

My guess for this is that Bran is actually the night king...I think "flying" meant flying through time maybe? I think he ends up going back to try to stop the creation of the White Walkers, gets stuck in the past and ends up as the Night King, and Jon ultimately will have to kill him.

No.

Bump. Can this ridiculous theory please die.

Yea, I still don't fully understand nor am feeling the whole Bran/night King theory.

The episode was great and I agree that the Arya/LF/Sansa storyline was saved.

Never saw Cersei come weak before, let alone twice in one episode with not taking the opportunity to kill both her brothers even though I'm glad she didn't. My issue is that with Jaime, her plan is now compromised because he knows it.

And with Tyrion, he detailed and summarized succinct reasons for her to justifiably kill him but she didn't. Why? There must be a reason, and when the scene cut away to him walking back to the courtyard, it made me think they'd made a deal the directors didn't want us to see yet. She needs Tyrion alive, but maybe this plot is simply to bye time enough to betray them and get the Golden Company to Westeros.

I can't freakin wait to see the Golden Company!

But wouldn't Bran be able to see them coming or see Cersei's plot. Why hasn't Dany sicked her dragons on Euron's fleet? That's a worthwhile, 1 dragon mission.

So Cersei's plan can be foiled by Jaime and Bran (maybe even the dragons).

I realize this isn't profound, but it sure was good to see little finger get his. That Ned's kids did it was sweet, sweet justice worthy of a hands in the air 'YES' type celebration.

Advertisement
Littlefinger made the series great, at times, loved him telling Sansa, "We can unname him"... someone got unnamed alright but...Arya was so fast I almost missed it. I liked the setup, though. Loved the grovel.
Et tu Tyrion? Ser Jorah took rejection like a man (or at least, I hope he did). What are you really about to do? Betrayal prophecy.
Cersei = Maddie Walker = relentless (Body Heat reference)
But, shouldn't Bran sniff out the Golden Company ...? Daario gets a chance to make himself useful.
I was hoping Tormond would be with Brienne, not ... oh, well, my Tormond concerns right now go further than his monster babies.
Really want to see how Essos and the priestesses will be used in season 8. Get the feeling the weather there is about to change...drastically.
A blow torch? Really?
Jon Snow did Ned Umber and Alys Karstark no favors when he didn't take the castles away

Tried to keep my comments as spoiler free as I could, for now.

The Hound vs The Mountain will be an interesting one to see... Gotta love the Hound the dude plays that character well

Advertisement
Back