OT- Game of Thrones - Season 7

Here's my theory on how it all ends. GRRM has said the ending will be bittersweet. Dany is falling for Jon already, that much is evident. After the Army of the Dead is defeated, and Dany finally sits on the Iron Throne, the truth about Jon's parentage comes out and its revealed that he is the rightful heir. After all she's been through to claim the throne, she snaps and becomes the Mad Queen. Jon has to kill Dany with a sword through the heart to keep her from laying waste to Westeros.

Just a hunch. I don't see both of them surviving and living happily ever after, and I don't see them killing Jon again. I've been wrong before though, I went balls deep on KW, so take it with a grain of salt.

IMO the bitter sweet ending he was referring too means one of Jon/Danny will win and sit on the throne...and one will die.
I think Danny will get pregnant and Jon will sacrifice himself while facing the Knight King.
Thats what it will come down too Jon and the Knight King one on one. Danny will be queen and raise their son. The prince that was promised to lead them out of the long night (the war will destroy so much that there won't be much to rule over)

Advertisement
Yes, I'm talking about the show, not the books. And also touching on what COULD happen if the news about Jon being a Targaryen were to break too soon. I wrote that caveat in my previous post... Remember, Royce, "...can't trust a Targaryen"

1. How can you say the North is most loyal when the North was just caught by Arya listening to Baelish and asking Sansa to be their Queen? Historically, I get it, but I'm sceptical after an Umber and Karstark betrayal; 3 houses refusing the call; and the Bolton's being, well...the Bolton's. That's the definition of fair weather. By the East I assume you mean the Vale? Well, the Vale is Littlefinger. My point is that though the North chose Jon, but that was when they thought he was of the North (instead of being born in Dorne) - or the very least, Ned Stark's *******; were they to find out he was a secret Targaryen they might not follow him at all. No army.

2. Yes, I'm of the belief that Dany and Jon are going to get sexual. Relation be damned. But, if Dany was to go all mad queen and say, "...the Dragons are mine..." Jon ain't getting on no Rhaegal Dragon, even if it was named for his daddy. He'd have to get his own. Dany has an Army of Unsullied and Dothraki, not Jon. No army.

3. Westerosi succession would have Tyrion on the throne, certainly not Cersei; and Renly would be still alive because he would have fallen in line behind Stannis. That's why it's the Game of Thrones.

4. The free folk are the ones that wouldn't mind, but they'd probably lose the gift if the North were to Not honor it due to Jon NOT being a true northerner, by birth; hence, he had no right to give it to them in the first place.

Again, my possibility was based upon Jon being revealed as the true heir and Dany feeling some kind of way about not getting what she has maintained over the years is her "birthright".

And, I hope I didn't read you getting real sensitive about a hypothetical what if. The entire premise was based on Dany not being Team Jon and the valid concerns that could be raised by the other houses.

Here's my theory on how it all ends. GRRM has said the ending will be bittersweet. Dany is falling for Jon already, that much is evident. After the Army of the Dead is defeated, and Dany finally sits on the Iron Throne, the truth about Jon's parentage comes out and its revealed that he is the rightful heir. After all she's been through to claim the throne, she snaps and becomes the Mad Queen. Jon has to kill Dany with a sword through the heart to keep her from laying waste to Westeros.

Just a hunch. I don't see both of them surviving and living happily ever after, and I don't see them killing Jon again. I've been wrong before though, I went balls deep on KW, so take it with a grain of salt.

IMO the bitter sweet ending he was referring too means one of Jon/Danny will win and sit on the throne...and one will die.
I think Danny will get pregnant and Jon will sacrifice himself while facing the Knight King.
Thats what it will come down too Jon and the Knight King one on one. Danny will be queen and raise their son. The prince that was promised to lead them out of the long night (the war will destroy so much that there won't be much to rule over)

After the foreshadowing with Dany's successor, and her twice mentioning that she's barren (or at least believes she is) I definitely think that could come to fruition.

Tetragram, your theories are wild bro. U may be thinking a little too hard lol
LOL. Nah, time to kill. Season hasn't started... I've been thinking the same as Torocane. But GRRM has said that he has something totally out of left field planned, so maybe at the end it's like the old Twilight Zone..."it's a cookbook". LOL.

Advertisement
Tetragram, your theories are wild bro. U may be thinking a little too hard lol
LOL. Nah, time to kill. Season hasn't started... I've been thinking the same as Torocane. But GRRM has said that he has something totally out of left field planned, so maybe at the end it's like the old Twilight Zone..."it's a cookbook". LOL.

If he wants a Twilight Zone/Tales From the Crypt type ending, you'd be great as a writer lol

After the foreshadowing with Dany's successor, and her twice mentioning that she's barren (or at least believes she is) I definitely think that could come to fruition.

Bittersweet ending is that Bran is actually the Night King and Jon has to kill him to save the world. Bran green sights for too long in the past and gets turned into the Night King by Leaf. This whole time he is fighting to be freed from being the Night King.

Many of us agree that Dany will get pregnant.... They took a moment to talk about the succession to her throne and the child route makes sense to take things over after her.

I don't think any Starks live, maybe just Arya. Arya is too arrogant now, Sansa keeps saying she will kill littlefinger at a moments notice but it won't happen, bran is alrdy gone, Jon kills the night king but dies in process.

Just my guesses... Great show glad it picked up now. I can see tyrion living in the end. Dude is a survivor.

Advertisement

Bittersweet ending is that Bran is actually the Night King and Jon has to kill him to save the world. Bran green sights for too long in the past and gets turned into the Night King by Leaf. This whole time he is fighting to be freed from being the Night King.

This is what I'm talking about. This is the fan theory that makes the most sense to me, and I brought it up earlier in the thread.

Supposedly Azor Ahai had to kill his wife with this magical sword to create "Lightbringer" to end the war the first time - and if Jon is AA reborn, I could see the symmetry (kind of) with having to kill his cousin (I'm assuming he'll know who he really is by then).

This is what I'm talking about. This is the fan theory that makes the most sense to me, and I brought it up earlier in the thread.

Supposedly Azor Ahai had to kill his wife with this magical sword to create "Lightbringer" to end the war the first time - and if Jon is AA reborn, I could see the symmetry (kind of) with having to kill his cousin (I'm assuming he'll know who he really is by then).

Yeah exactly. I could be way off but it makes sense to me. I'm almost 100% sure the night king is at least a stark.

Yes, I'm talking about the show, not the books. And also touching on what COULD happen if the news about Jon being a Targaryen were to break too soon. I wrote that caveat in my previous post... Remember, Royce, "...can't trust a Targaryen"

1. How can you say the North is most loyal when the North was just caught by Arya listening to Baelish and asking Sansa to be their Queen? Historically, I get it, but I'm sceptical after an Umber and Karstark betrayal; 3 houses refusing the call; and the Bolton's being, well...the Bolton's. That's the definition of fair weather. By the East I assume you mean the Vale? Well, the Vale is Littlefinger. My point is that though the North chose Jon, but that was when they thought he was of the North (instead of being born in Dorne) - or the very least, Ned Stark's *******; were they to find out he was a secret Targaryen they might not follow him at all. No army.

2. Yes, I'm of the belief that Dany and Jon are going to get sexual. Relation be damned. But, if Dany was to go all mad queen and say, "...the Dragons are mine..." Jon ain't getting on no Rhaegal Dragon, even if it was named for his daddy. He'd have to get his own. Dany has an Army of Unsullied and Dothraki, not Jon. No army.

3. Westerosi succession would have Tyrion on the throne, certainly not Cersei; and Renly would be still alive because he would have fallen in line behind Stannis. That's why it's the Game of Thrones.

4. The free folk are the ones that wouldn't mind, but they'd probably lose the gift if the North were to Not honor it due to Jon NOT being a true northerner, by birth; hence, he had no right to give it to them in the first place.

Again, my possibility was based upon Jon being revealed as the true heir and Dany feeling some kind of way about not getting what she has maintained over the years is her "birthright".

And, I hope I didn't read you getting real sensitive about a hypothetical what if. The entire premise was based on Dany not being Team Jon and the valid concerns that could be raised by the other houses.

Bruh, I'm just trying to inform you so you can develop better theories/make better predictions, and I really like talking about ASOIAF

- Lord Royce can't trust a Targaryan that he doesn't personally know, sure, but he trusts Littefinger even less. And Jon is a Northerner, not sure why you're trying to make him seem like he isn't. Jon earned the title of King, he wasn't handed it because of his birthright. When people find out his true lineage, it will just be further reason to support him. They won't just suddenly distrust the man they named their king, the man who has already killed two White Walkers, and who is leading the war against the dead because his true lineage is revealed. Secondly, even if this ridiculous scenario happened and they don't want to follow him they will have no choice, since Bran is the rightful lord of Winterfell, and all the other lords of the north obey him - and he's already said Jon is the king.

- And just to further explain why he has a northern army, the Umbers and the Karstarks are two of the biggest houses in the north, and Jon is singlehandedly responsible for them still having a home. Who will they be loyal to? Sansa who wanted to strip them of the home they have held for centuries - or Jon who forgave the treason of their predecessors and is fighting to protect them? The other major house is Lord Manderly, and he was the one that proclaimed Jon "the White wolf" and king in the north. He's Shown absolutely no signs of disloyalty. The Mormonts have been loyal to Jon the entire time, and Lady Mormont even said "he's my king from this day until his last day" - she has been unflinchingly loyal. In fact the ONLY northern lord who has shown any distrust is Lord Glover, so you are basing Jon's lack of an army on one person. Jon has the north behind him 100%. And if he succeeds in the battle for the dawn, the North will always be loyal to him.

- The Vale is Littlefinger as long as he is alive and has the trust of Robin. However, that is very unlikely to be much longer. First of all I'd be surprised if Arya or Sansa don't kill him, secondly Robin is not someone who would survive a war, dudes lucky if he doesn't just die from the cold. And Absolutely nobody trusts LF. Lord Royce and the rest of the Lords of the Vale don't like LF. They won't choose LF over the King in the North.

- If Jon becomes Rhaegals dragon rider, Rhaegals loyalty no longer belongs to Dany. I mean its entirely possible that Jon wont be a dragon rider in the first place, but if it doesn't it just means Jon wont have a Dragon. But tbh, that is only important for the battle against the White Walkers. I'd put money down that Drogon and Rhaegal end up dead by the end of the series. I completely understand your thoughts on what if Dany wants the throne over Jon, and she might not be happy with the news that he is the rightful king. But imo that wont happen. The entire show, all Dany has been looking for is family, and Jon has never wanted to be a King. But if they did end up fighting, Jon would have the north behind him. And very likely the Riverlands (who just about always side with the North) and The Storm Lands (Via Gendry). Again, extremely unlikely. It is a good question what would happen if both survive the war, Its just unlikely to be violent. And if you are strictly talking about what will happen if his identity is revealed before the war, thats very simple - nothing will change. They are allies in the war for the dawn. What happens after or if they even survive is anyones guess.

- Tyrion literally has no claim whatsoever to the throne. Roberts Rebellion wasn't to take over the kingdom, it was to get rid of the mad king. So When the Mad king died, the line of succession (for the show) went like this: Rhaegar Targ > Aegon Targ > Jon Snow > Viscerys Targ > Dany Targ > Robert Baratheon > Stannis > Renly > Shireen > Gendry (?). The reason Robert was king is because Rhaegar and Aegon were dead, nobody knew Jons identity, and Viscerys and Dany were in exile in Essos. So Robert literally was the heir to the throne once the rebellion ended, he didn't completely become king just by conquest. Only way Tyrion is even possibly in the line of succession is if you believe the theory he is a Targaryan, which is possible (but extremely unlikely).

Jon is both a Targaryen and a Stark, so his lineage coming out wouldn't lose him the support of the North anyways

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me the process of how Bran could be "green lighted" to the past? How Bran could get trapped there? Who is Leaf? And how could he make Bran the Night King? Or maybe just simply: how could Bran possibly be the Night King (two different people at the same time)?

Homey, you're jumping to conclusions that I'm not making in your effort to help me "make better theories" (LOL). I get it: you have book/show knowledge, but it seems you're also sporting a few blind spots: I was charting a lay of the land; I even pointed that out twice, you're just refusing to acknowledge/read it. Don't know why. Oh, well.

I still can't see how you feel the North is so incredibly loyal, and loyal to Jon and only Jon when in S7E5, Glover says, "we did not choose you to rule us milady, but perhaps we should have". Rhoyce said, "The nights of The Vale came for you Lady Stark." All as Arya watched. But you heard non-equivocation? Absolute Loyalty? Word is bond? It's ridiculous to proclaim that "well, if the Vale only gets to know him..." What kind of crap is that? So you're saying that if Sansa would have said, "Great, I was thinking same", they'd be stuck because their's no impeachment process in Westeros? But wait, he still has House Mormont and 62 men...(that was little Lyanna Bear saying, "Jon don't leave to try to save us from the dead things that we're not sure exist. Plus, I'm the only non relative, great house, woman up here. I'll be 11 in a week) Well, actually, it seems that the Northern Houses are all in the room (well, I'm taking a little license but I learned from the best: you), Manderly's too, and they don't seem to be putting forth a strenuous defense for King Jon (all while the speakers are blasting Breezy, Weezy and Tyga, oh my). Now the Karstarks and Umbers do owe Jon, but there is hella fewer of them after Battle of the ********. I get your point on the battle for the dawn, etc; however, with no threat when/if they're successful, there's less reason to band together. Even Sansa is worried about the other houses going home. That's NOT loyalty.

The Vale is Littlefinger. Full stop. You're getting way far ahead of anything I was outlining.

I said it before the Dragons are Daenerys' not a Targaryen Uber. Women can get real possessive of THEIR things. Dany singing "Call Tyrone" when Jon want a ride. You know that. You. Know. That.

Bill Duke, Menace to Society! Did you really say Stormlands = Gendry? Take it back and I'll pretend you never said it. Take it back, I say. Wait, and then you went on to say Gendry is in the line of succession? Unlegitimized, unacknowledged Gendry? Bill Duke, Menace to Society times infinity. Take it back! I know you know better than to say that. Take it back!

Take a few deep breaths and lighten up a bit. I love your passion, knowledge and willingness to share about the show. I've never written anything that suggests I was making a theory. Anyway, you're going point for point on something that's not that serious and losing the plot along the way. And being real pedantic and patronizing while doing it. Don't worry I used up my allotment of scrabble p-words, so that's all I got.

Go Canes

Can someone explain to me the process of how Bran could be "green lighted" to the past? How Bran could get trapped there? Who is Leaf? And how could he make Bran the Night King? Or maybe just simply: how could Bran possibly be the Night King (two different people at the same time)?

Remember the episode "The Door" its when Hodor dies. That's an "example" of Bran getting trapped between times, destroying Hodor st the same time. Also, 3-eyed Raven and Jolene Reed warned him about staying too long; that he might get stuck.

Leaf is the Children of the Forest Girl Bren met in the cave/tree of the Three-eyed Raven.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Remember the episode "The Door" its when Hodor dies. That's an "example" of Bran getting trapped between times, destroying Hodor st the same time. Also, 3-eyed Raven and Jolene Reed warned him about staying too long; that he might get stuck.

Leaf is the Children of the Forest Girl Bren met in the cave/tree of the Three-eyed Raven.

Yea, I forgot about those intricacies. Good points, but why and how could he be the Night King? Did Bran become Hodor in those scenes?

Yea, I forgot about those intricacies. Good points, but why and how could he be the Night King? Did Bran become Hodor in those scenes?

This should help Understanding the Bran/Night King Theory From GAME OF THRONES | Nerdist

A few things bother me about the show at this point. Everyone saw the situation with the dragon coming a mile away, too predictable, what is/are the Whitewalkers end game, who are they why do they want to kill everyone, what's their point? Is there a kingdom off somewhere with whitewalker wives and kids running around that they're fighting to protect?
Maybe someone whos read the books can shed some light on this for me????

A few things bother me about the show at this point. Everyone saw the situation with the dragon coming a mile away, too predictable, what is/are the Whitewalkers end game, who are they why do they want to kill everyone, what's their point? Is there a kingdom off somewhere with whitewalker wives and kids running around that they're fighting to protect?
Maybe someone whos read the books can shed some light on this for me????
This may answer your question -->History of Thrones: The Long Night and Identifying Enemies and Heroes | Nerdist

Bunch of good sources, just pick one --> History Of Thrones | Nerdist

Advertisement
Back