OT: Former Palmetto High & Current Syracuse DB Cornelius Nunn arrested in Dade on weapons charge

Advertisement
Well done locating possible arguments for a Motion to Suppress. Out of curiosity are you an attorney because you did a great job of issue spotting? And if you are not an attorney, consider law school.
lol nah just another message board poster highlighting when people say or write dumb stuff. I will defer to you on the criminal legalities behind the report overall just amused me from the second I read he pulled over a vehicle for being double parked at some point earlier.

Last edited:
When Banda took his commitment, it’s sent shock waves through the recruiting class and those thinking about committing. It was possibly the dumbest thing he did in his ten year here. They, Nunn and his mom, asked him point blank if it was a committable offer. Banda said yes, thinking nothing of it. He left with his mom, and unexpectedly called from the car on the way home. We were literally ****ed at that moment. I won’t tell you who we lost because of that stupidity, but it was a class killer. The kid than proceeded to decide to get away, and bounced to Syracuse. Never got back what we lost. No one wanted to play with him. They knew he was a very real problem. He always was... it’s just what it was.
But didn't we?

/i think

lol nah just another message board poster highlighting when people say or write dumb stuff. I will defer to you on the criminal legalities behind the report overall just amused me from the second I read he pulled over a vehicle for being double parker at some point earlier.
Your observation is entirely accurate. The officer used seeing the gun to justify the search, but then describes the gun as concealed. He will have to do some dancing in court because a good defense attorney will hopefully make the same observation you did. But frankly, you just did a better job than 50% of the attorneys currently practicing. Lots of hacks.

Advertisement
Your observation is entirely accurate. The officer used seeing the gun to justify the search, but then describes the gun as concealed. He will have to do some dancing in court because a good defense attorney will hopefully make the same observation you did. But frankly, you just did a better job than 50% of the attorneys currently practicing. Lots of hacks.
Well I appreciate the compliment and further explanation. I’m all for quality police work and keeping people safe, but little patience for shoddy work. This officer appeared to write “buzz” words to fit the charge and narrative he wanted and never took the time to actually read the report through.

This whole scenario is set up to pull clicks by MENTONING that this player once whiffed ANYTHING with our Canes.
**** it ..........he is a Syracuse problem not ours, so this has virtually no interest for me....don't give a Sh** what his problem or circumstances are.
This is a fart in the wind.......I could care less.............Next...

Advertisement
Sometimes there is a reason why a plugged-in staff stays away from talented kids even when all of us fans are screaming to offer them. I was all for the Nunn offer at the time, and IIRC, I was ****ed at the program when he publicly complained about how he was treated during his visit. Turns out the kid was a **** and we never should have offered him to begin with.

OT, but one of the kids I plan to keep my eyes on is Lewis. Did we get that one right, or did we make the opposite mistake with him from Nunn.

Advertisement
G
Lol at the title and the report... cop was sitting doing robbery investigation, observes a car double parked and instead of just writing the ticket and leaving it, he waits for them to pull off just so he can pull them over.

then this genius tidbit "While I was approaching the driver side of the vehicle, I observed what appeared to be a butt of a revolver on the front passenger side door panel." immediately followed by "Upon further inspection, I was able to recover a black Smith and Wesson revolver tucked in the passenger side door panel completely concealed from ordinary sight and readily assemblable for immediate use with one in the chamber unholstered."

So Mr. Officer, was the gun immediately observable upon you walking to the driver side of the door? or was it completely concealed from ordinary sight?
Great to see somebody has common sense!

Advertisement
It’s not the last time he’ll be arrested and charged with a felony. One get out of jail free card. Hopefully he learns from this and stops being an idiot. Honestly, knowing what I know, I’m surprised he’s made it this far unblemished. Like most everything, this too shall pass...

It’s not the last time he’ll be arrested and charged with a felony. One get out of jail free card. Hopefully he learns from this and stops being an idiot. Honestly, knowing what I know, I’m surprised he’s made it this far unblemished. Like most everything, this too shall pass...
What u know bout the kid?

Advertisement
Back