OT: Former Palmetto High & Current Syracuse DB Cornelius Nunn arrested in Dade on weapons charge

Lol at the title and the report... cop was sitting doing robbery investigation, observes a car double parked and instead of just writing the ticket and leaving it, he waits for them to pull off just so he can pull them over.

then this genius tidbit "While I was approaching the driver side of the vehicle, I observed what appeared to be a butt of a revolver on the front passenger side door panel." immediately followed by "Upon further inspection, I was able to recover a black Smith and Wesson revolver tucked in the passenger side door panel completely concealed from ordinary sight and readily assemblable for immediate use with one in the chamber unholstered."

So Mr. Officer, was the gun immediately observable upon you walking to the driver side of the door? or was it completely concealed from ordinary sight?
👊🏿💯

Advertisement
Lol at the title and the report... cop was sitting doing robbery investigation, observes a car double parked and instead of just writing the ticket and leaving it, he waits for them to pull off just so he can pull them over.

then this genius tidbit "While I was approaching the driver side of the vehicle, I observed what appeared to be a butt of a revolver on the front passenger side door panel." immediately followed by "Upon further inspection, I was able to recover a black Smith and Wesson revolver tucked in the passenger side door panel completely concealed from ordinary sight and readily assemblable for immediate use with one in the chamber unholstered."

So Mr. Officer, was the gun immediately observable upon you walking to the driver side of the door? or was it completely concealed from ordinary sight?
Well done locating possible arguments for a Motion to Suppress. Out of curiosity are you an attorney because you did a great job of issue spotting? And if you are not an attorney, consider law school.

Advertisement

Let's get RVA to rip this guy apart on cross-examination.

I'd also ask how the officer could possibly how how there was one in the chamber in a concealed revolver.

Kid needs to lawyer up.

Advertisement
When Banda took his commitment, it sent shock waves through the recruiting class and those thinking about committing. It was possibly the dumbest thing he did in his ten year here. They, Nunn and his mom, asked him point blank if it was a committable offer. Banda said yes, thinking nothing of it. He left with his mom, and unexpectedly called from the car on the way home. We were literally ****ed at that moment. I won’t tell you who we lost because of that stupidity, but it was a class killer. The kid than proceeded to decide to get away, and bounced to Syracuse. Never got back what we lost. No one wanted to play with him. They knew he was a very real problem. He always was... it’s just what it was.

Last edited:
When Banda took his commitment, it’s sent shock waves through the recruiting class and those thinking about committing. It was possibly the dumbest thing he did in his ten year here. They, Nunn and his mom, asked him point blank if it was a committable offer. Banda said yes, thinking nothing of it. He left with his mom, and unexpectedly called from the car on the way home. We were literally ****ed at that moment. I won’t tell you who we lost because of that stupidity, but it was a class killer. The kid than proceeded to decide to get away, and bounced to Syracuse. Never got back what we lost. No one wanted to play with him. They knew he was a very real problem. He always was... it’s just what it was.
Banda made plenty of recruiting mistakes but also got us alot of great players. If ur referring to battles situation Nunn commiting had nothing to do with him not coming. Regardless banda no longer here

Advertisement
Let's get RVA to rip this guy apart on cross-examination.

I'd also ask how the officer could possibly how how there was one in the chamber in a concealed revolver.

Kid needs to lawyer up.
Lol. @AtlAtty has been doing this at a high level for years. You don’t want a zoning and development type like me doing anything of the sort outside of CIS.

Advertisement
My recollection is that Nunn wanted to come here but his parent(s) wanted him out of Miami to avoid trouble.
So he’s in Miami and gets in trouble. Go figure.

Realistically, nothing will happen to Nunn. Assuming case is not dropped on some technicality, if he doesn’t have any priors he probably will go PTD (pretrial diversion) and once he completes that, this incident will lbe expunged from his record.

As an aside and not speaking for all of them but in general the RID (robbery intervention detail) police are the real deal. They get right in the thick of it.

Banda made plenty of recruiting mistakes but also got us alot of great players. If ur referring to battles situation Nunn commiting had nothing to do with him not coming. Regardless bandano longer here
i liked Banda. Him and I had a VERY GOOD relationship. I was not referring to Battle. If I wanted to be more detailed, I would have been. Feel free to keep guessing.

i liked Banda. Him and I had a VERY GOOD relationship. I was not referring to Battle. If I wanted to be more detailed, I would have been. Feel free to keep guessing.
Nah I wasnt meaning to guess I just know a lot of people seem to think battle didn't come csz of other recruits

Advertisement
Back