OT: Former Palmetto High & Current Syracuse DB Cornelius Nunn arrested in Dade on weapons charge

Advertisement
KM

more than I’d ever say here. I also know every kid that didn’t want to come here and play with him. If you know him, there’s no explanation necessary
Seems like most of his former Palmetto teammates like him (LT, JW, Collier)

The whole point of this post is being overlooked. Those that leave Miami-Dade to avoid trouble and leave their element behind ultimately will still be subjected to the worlds in which they come from. So while the excuse has been used as complete bull**** for years, this whole incident puts it on the table for all to see. If it is all the same, might as well play for the good guys, even if you are from down here.

I’m glad that he ended up with the Orange as it doesn’t seem he is crushing it with 3 tackles through 4 games. But I don’t want to see the same excuses with top talent since this proves that leaving doesn’t prevent bad things from happening.

Seems like most of his former Palmetto teammates like him (LT, JW, Collier)
I’ve never spoken to them about him. My conversations were all with his probable classmates at Miami. It’s a lot like reading the boards and people getting upset at Pope and Wiggins for dropping balls. Ask the guys on the team and they just laugh... “ain’t nothing we don’t see everyday in practice”. There are very few surprises, if you listen and watch with both of your eyes and ears. People don’t change their core values at that age anymore. He’s probably very likable. He’s also lacking when it comes to doing the right things. Lots of opportunities

Sometimes there is a reason why a plugged-in staff stays away from talented kids even when all of us fans are screaming to offer them. I was all for the Nunn offer at the time, and IIRC, I was ****ed at the program when he publicly complained about how he was treated during his visit. Turns out the kid was a **** and we never should have offered him to begin with.

OT, but one of the kids I plan to keep my eyes on is Lewis. Did we get that one right, or did we make the opposite mistake with him from Nunn.
*Sometimes*

Yet the mindset reduces to ‘trust the staff, because they know....’

Except not enough, apparently.

When a kid we want goes to syracuse you know there were other issues.

And unfair to Lewis to discuss him in this context - no one to my knowledge has alleged he’s a risky kid in terms of this type of issue.

Advertisement
The whole point of this post is being overlooked. Those that leave Miami-Dade to avoid trouble and leave their element behind ultimately will still be subjected to the worlds in which they come from. So while the excuse has been used as complete bull**** for years, this whole incident puts it on the table for all to see. If it is all the same, might as well play for the good guys, even if you are from down here.

I’m glad that he ended up with the Orange as it doesn’t seem he is crushing it with 3 tackles through 4 games. But I don’t want to see the same excuses with top talent since this proves that leaving doesn’t prevent bad things from happening.
It’s not ‘all the same.’. It depends on situation and kid. Corey Liuget was a kid who family thought needed to get away. Word at the time was they were right. Worked out okay for him. Cant generalize on this stuff. It’s kids lives. We’re here talking sports loyalties. I trust kids to know their own needs better than the fan base does.

Advertisement
Back