OT - Edward Aschoff Dead

Forgive me but I've been in Florida my whole life. How the **** do you catch pneumonia covering a football game? He looks pretty bundled up in that picture. No snow, no rain, temperature in the 30s. What a horrible story but I'm completely confused. I've been in several places colder than that including Alaska.
Pneumonia has nothing to do with cold weather. It is caused by viral and/or bacterial I infection of the lungs thru the nose or mouth. Cold weather may play a part in weakening the immune system, but not a cause.

Advertisement
Forgive me but I've been in Florida my whole life. How the **** do you catch pneumonia covering a football game? He looks pretty bundled up in that picture. No snow, no rain, temperature in the 30s. What a horrible story but I'm completely confused. I've been in several places colder than that including Alaska.

Contrary to popular belief. You don't catch pneumonia from being in the cold. Pneumonia is spread by bacteria/virus/etc. So the guy must been around someone that had it and caught it from them.

Now, how the guy died in his 30s, is beyond me and I would love someone more knowledgeable to step in and let me know. I have never heard of someone in the USA, besides the elderly or very young, die from it unless they had AIDS or something like that. Or if they where from the 1800s or something like that in history class.

Pneumonia has nothing to do with cold weather. It is caused by viral and/or bacterial I infection of the lungs thru the nose or mouth. Cold weather may play a part in weakening the immune system, but not a cause.

Its because of that old wives tale "put your jacket on or you will catch pneumonia". A lot of people actually think that is how these things are transmitted.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How cold it is doesn't matter, I had pnuemonia last summer when it was 90 degrees I stayed in the hospital for nearly a week, I've never hurt so bad in my life it was just brutal.

Advertisement
We traveled in some of the same circles in Los Angeles, have hung out with him a handful of times. Real fun guy to talk sports with. He was as kind and thoughtful as they’re saying.

He had been battling the pneumonia a minute but never imagined this outcome. We lost a real one.

Advertisement
I didn't see much sympathy from some of the ESPN senior talking heads when Sean Taylor, another young man, was murdered in cold blood so, yeah, fck ESPN and anyone associated with it and Disney.

Wow, just when I thought you couldn't have came across any more moronic. Do you also have 3 teeth in your mouth and have the last name of McCoy?

Advertisement
Back