OT - Edward Aschoff Dead

William Henry Harrison died of pneumonia he contacted while giving his inauguration speech.
I got pneumonia by going to Panera Bread. I think.

I remember one weekend, as I was getting sick, I went over to use the law library at American University in D.C. The place was packed. I didn't know I had pneumonia. Thought it was just a cold. Wonder how many I might have infected...

Sad to see this happen to such a young guy.

Advertisement
****hole city? You low live southerners get laughed out of our city when you come up here. Meanwhile we go down to your state and instantly bring up the average income and education level.

People all over the world wish they could live in NYC. Meanwhile the south is a laughing stock of 1st world nations.

So yes, I am pretentious and think I am superior to a bunch of poor southerners.
Lived in NYC and couldn't wait to get out. It was too expensive, crowded, dirty, etc. Some love it...I didn't. I did seem to run into a lot of people who seemed to want out.

That was before Giuliani was mayor. Used to read and hear he cleaned it up a bit, but it is still too much for a lot of people.

Lived in NYC and couldn't wait to get out. It was too expensive, crowded, dirty, etc. Some love it...I didn't. I did seem to run into a lot of people who seemed to want out.

That was before Giuliani was mayor. Used to read and hear he cleaned it up a bit, but it is still too much for a lot of people.

Giuliani didn’t clean anything up.

The NYC crime decline started under Dinkins and coincided with the national crime rate falling as well.

Bloomberg and De Blasio undid many of Giuliani’s “broken windows” policies and crime remains low.

Last edited:
I've never heard of a 34-year old dying from pneumonia. I thought only small children and the elderly died from this. Scary stuff! RIP Ed.

It has the lowest crime rate of any major city in America. Obviously people that can't afford it want to move out. That is the case everywhere.

Advertisement
Spin it however but Giuliani was mayor when Times Square was “cleaned up” hence he gets the credit. Everything else is partisans...

It’s not spin.

It’s facts.

Crime in NYC would’ve declined in the late 90’s with or without Rudy.

0F6C642A-DBE6-496D-A1FA-D9CB29EC54B4.gif

Advertisement
Giuliani didn’t clean anything up.

The NYC crime decline started under Dinkins and coincided with the national crime rate falling as well.

Bloomberg and De Blasio undid many of Giuliani’s “broken windows” policies and crime remains low.
Not talking just about crime. I thought I read that he did a lot of other things to clean up the city...like clean up the subways, etc. Now it's a long time ago. I might not remember what I read. I could be wrong.

Probably higher murder rate in Baltimore.

Pneumonia has nothing to do with cold weather. It is caused by viral and/or bacterial I infection of the lungs thru the nose or mouth. Cold weather may play a part in weakening the immune system, but not a cause.
Correct, could also be Fungal as well. People get septic if not treated promptly, basically the offending organism gets into the blood stream and spreads rapidly. Complications lead to end organ failure / death in some (rare) cases...usually the elderly are more immunocompromised and have a greater risk of morbidity & mortality when it comes to opportunistic infections like pneumonia. Sad story concerning this young man

Advertisement
Advertisement
This thread is going to get buried once the game ends, so I just want to also say that Rudy Giuliani is also likely responsible for hundreds of deaths on 9/11.

He placed the Office of Emergency Management Headquarters on the 23rd floor of 7 World Trade Center, despite the fact that his chief advisor recommended placing it in Brooklyn, as the WTC had experienced a terror attack in 1993.

On 9/11, the office was unable to coordinate efforts between police and firefighters properly while evacuating its headquarters.

The 9/11 Commission Report noted that lack of preparedness could have led to the deaths of first responders at the scene of the attacks.

Additionally, he was warned two days after the attacks that the air was toxic and once search and rescue missions ended, the whole site should be left alone for at least a month.

He disregarded this and allowed clean up to begin immediately and now many of those first responders are dead or ill due to inhaling toxins.

**** Rudy Giuliani.

Last edited:
This thread is going to get buried once the game ends, so I just want to also say that Rudy Giuliani is also likely responsible for 100’s of the deaths on 9/11.

He placed the Office of Emergency Management Headquarters on the 23rd floor of 7 World Trade Center, despite the fact that his chief advisor recommended placing it in Brooklyn, as the WTC had experienced a terror attack in 1993.

On 9/11, the office was unable to coordinate efforts between police and firefighters properly while evacuating its headquarters.

The 9/11 Commission Report noted that lack of preparedness could have led to the deaths of first responders at the scene of the attacks.

Additionally, he was warned two days after the attacks that the air was toxic and once search and rescue missions ended, the whole site should be left alone for at least a month.

He disregarded this and allowed clean up to begin immediately and now many of those first responders are dead or ill due to inhaling toxins.

**** Rudy Giuliani.
Amen. Fck that phony Fire Marshall Bill looking scumbag henchman.

LMFAO!!! How dumb does one have to be, to post something like this, without doing a simple google search first?
See you have a case of TDS, it will only get worse... And yes, violent crime is rising, take your own advice and you'll see son...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back