OT: ECU passes on Butch Davis, hires Scottie Montgomery

Advertisement
Fedora still cant beat a top 25 team.

At least he still has a job and a chance to do it unlike Butch.

But he cant do it....thats the problem. He had a good year playing a very week schedule. But when he plays top 25 teams........

He's got a chance to win 12 games at the same school where Butch could only manage to win 8. Same conference. Same type of schedule. Huge difference in results.

But he cant do it....thats the problem. He had a good year playing a very week schedule. But when he plays top 25 teams........

He's got a chance to win 12 games at the same school where Butch could only manage to win 8. Same conference. Same type of schedule. Huge difference in results.

1-2 vs Golden......

1-2 vs Golden......

Don't care. UM should never lose to UNC. Fact is he crushed Butch's guts at the same school.

****. Nowhere does it say Butch was a candidate.

I hate how disrespectful people have been towards Butch. We ended up with the best possible hire in Richt, there is no need to continue to bash Butch.

It's not so much being disrespectful to Butch, as it is being disrespectful to the BBB crew who were insufferable on this board (and others) for the past 3 years.

Most of us LOVE, respect, and appreciate Butch for what he did for the program, even though we didn't want him hired again.

this . This .I could care less about Butch one way or another but the BBB crew were a joke. Why would you want a coach no one else wants ? WE finally , finally for the 1st time since JJ left have an elite top 10 coach . Only 4 coaches in the history of CFB won more in their first 15 years of coaching then Richt . That is staggering .

I can only speak for myself, but, although I wasn't necessarily in the "BBB crew", he was my first choice based upon who we were hearing was seriously being considered. Did I want him over Strong, Mario, and Mullen? Yup (though Mullen was a closer call). Did I want him over Schiano, who, by most accounts, was THE choice of Blake James before Richt miraculously (religious joke) fell into his lap? You'd better believe it!

I am thrilled with the Richt hire, but I'll admit I still wanted Butch because I thought he would bring back that junkyard dog mentality we've been missing, cause a huge buzz among alumni and recruits, and be a middle-finger and kick to the nuts of guys like Finebaum and the rest of the national media haters. Lastly, for me, hiring Butch was about giving a guy who's done so much for the program a second chance. Neither side's hands are clean with respect to that split-up many years ago. And unless you're not willing to bring Saban here, don't come at me with that crap about telling everyone he wasn't leaving.

Anyway, those of you who continue to belittle and insult the guy because he can't catch a break (you know who you are), you don't get to brag to others about the greatest team in CFB history anymore, because you don't respect the man who created it. Start a Schnellenberger fan club and crow about the one national championship Butch didn't have a hand in.

Advertisement

I hate how disrespectful people have been towards Butch. We ended up with the best possible hire in Richt, there is no need to continue to bash Butch.

It's not so much being disrespectful to Butch, as it is being disrespectful to the BBB crew who were insufferable on this board (and others) for the past 3 years.

Most of us LOVE, respect, and appreciate Butch for what he did for the program, even though we didn't want him hired again.

Hahaha this post says it all. BBB crew kept disrespecting guys like JJ by saying JJ owed his success to him. They convinced themselves everyone wanted Butch but no program would offer him the HC job because he wanted the Miami job.

Hahaha this post says it all. BBB crew kept disrespecting guys like JJ by saying JJ owed his success to him. They convinced themselves everyone wanted Butch but no program would offer him the HC job because he wanted the Miami job.

wait hold up just cuz a handful of heads said BD made JJ doesnt mean we all thought that, dont pencil erbody da same. I wanted them croots thats y i wanted him since we suk at recruiting. Hopefully MR changes that and gets kids that dont want to come and changes there mind $$.

this . This .I could care less about Butch one way or another but the BBB crew were a joke. Why would you want a coach no one else wants ? WE finally , finally for the 1st time since JJ left have an elite top 10 coach . Only 4 coaches in the history of CFB won more in their first 15 years of coaching then Richt . That is staggering .

I can only speak for myself, but, although I wasn't necessarily in the "BBB crew", he was my first choice based upon who we were hearing was seriously being considered. Did I want him over Strong, Mario, and Mullen? Yup (though Mullen was a closer call). Did I want him over Schiano, who, by most accounts, was THE choice of Blake James before Richt miraculously (religious joke) fell into his lap? You'd better believe it!

I am thrilled with the Richt hire, but I'll admit I still wanted Butch because I thought he would bring back that junkyard dog mentality we've been missing, cause a huge buzz among alumni and recruits, and be a middle-finger and kick to the nuts of guys like Finebaum and the rest of the national media haters. Lastly, for me, hiring Butch was about giving a guy who's done so much for the program a second chance. Neither side's hands are clean with respect to that split-up many years ago. And unless you're not willing to bring Saban here, don't come at me with that crap about telling everyone he wasn't leaving.

Anyway, those of you who continue to belittle and insult the guy because he can't catch a break (you know who you are), you don't get to brag to others about the greatest team in CFB history anymore, because you don't respect the man who created it. Start a Schnellenberger fan club and crow about the one national championship Butch didn't have a hand in.

Great post, Jack!!!

I agree 100% with you.

Advertisement
OP once again shows how wet her ****** is for anything that has to do with tearing down Butch.

He was never interviewed so how could he have been passed over?

You're just like the mainstream media, spreading bullshyt and lies.

It must be hard to live with the fact that like it or not, Butch built or had a direct hand in building 4 of our 5 National Championship teams.

I don't get the hate fest for Butch, I wanted him but I'm thrilled the we got Mark. Weather you like it or not, Butch did a lot for our program and the constant hate is crazy. Weather or not he ever coaches is irrelevant, in my eyes he'll always be a great Cane that had a hand, either directly or indirectly in a few of our rings. JMO

Advertisement
@bbb crew

tumblr_mgn59ycFCd1rg0lgoo1_500.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back