OT: ECU passes on Butch Davis, hires Scottie Montgomery

D

deleted3746

Scottie Montgomery formally introduced as new ECU head football coach | WNCT

5mnuEYY.gif

Advertisement
Not surprising, people want the next big thing. And even though Butch was cleared of any wrongdoing at UNC, people still associate him with that kind of stigma, despite him being a proven coach. Sad to see.

****. Nowhere does it say Butch was a candidate.

I hate how disrespectful people have been towards Butch. We ended up with the best possible hire in Richt, there is no need to continue to bash Butch.

ECU owned Butch. They never even considered him despite him throwing his hat in the ring. That would be like UVA hiring Folden to replace London after London spent 5 years using Folden's tongue as his bidet.

Advertisement

I hate how disrespectful people have been towards Butch. We ended up with the best possible hire in Richt, there is no need to continue to bash Butch.

3 years of butch threads...we'll do what the f we want

Was Butch ever mentioned in connection with that job?

Butch is a "savage", who only wants to coach at Miami.

Of course he didn't apply for the ECU job ... Or, any other job. Ever. He's just waiting for the UM job to come open again ...

And the college football world will tremble with fear, because they will remember what he did at Miami 20 years ago ... And they'll know he will do it again. Because, he already did it before ... 20 years ago.

:monkey-serious:

Advertisement
Pull out slowly on theses dudes Butch.....lol who cares we got Mark Richt to comeback
Home so we can help him win the big one....the games he couldn't win or get to at UGA.....

It's not so much being disrespectful to Butch, as it is being disrespectful to the BBB crew who were insufferable on this board (and others) for the past 3 years.

Most of us LOVE, respect, and appreciate Butch for what he did for the program, even though we didn't want him hired again.

Advertisement

It's not so much being disrespectful to Butch, as it is being disrespectful to the BBB crew who were insufferable on this board (and others) for the past 3 years.

Most of us LOVE, respect, and appreciate Butch for what he did for the program, even though we didn't want him hired again.

Got it. It is time to move on, though, and focus on the monster that Richt will build at the U. I was a BBB guy until Richt became available. I'd like to focus 100% on the present and future at this point. That's a lot more exciting to me.

Advertisement

Yeah but, our first choice (#BBB) was better than your first choice (Mullen). Our first choice only got turned down once, your's got turned down 2-WICE!!!

Yeah but, our first choice (#BBB) was better than your first choice (Mullen). Our first choice only got turned down once, your's got turned down 2-WICE!!!

LOL

You know Mullen has a coaching job, right?

Making about $4MM per year ...

:kobe:

LOL

You know, Mullen has a coaching job, right?

Making about $4MM per year ...

:kobe:

Or was your 1st choice Kiffen, did He even sniff an interview with anybody...LMAO!!!

This^^^^^

You're all a bunch of faqqots!

Only chicks bring **** up repeatedly that is in the past. Best part is that none of you would have the stones to tell Butch any of this to his face. He'd knock you all the **** out.

Bunch of wack *** nerds and Internet tough guys.

Advertisement
Back