OT: ECU passes on Butch Davis, hires Scottie Montgomery

****. Nowhere does it say Butch was a candidate.

I hate how disrespectful people have been towards Butch. We ended up with the best possible hire in Richt, there is no need to continue to bash Butch.
You are clueless. It's directed at those on the site who can't get over being butt hurt Butch didn't get the job.

Advertisement
Advertisement
ECU will regret this decision forever.

Butch will get the Coastal Carolina job and make them pay. Last thing ECU wants is that beastly creature looming over their shoulder.

ECU didn't even call Butch to tell him that they hired Scottie Montgomery!

They'll pay for that disrespect when Butch establishes the UNC Asheville program.

Does Larry Fedora pay Butch for loading the UNC roster with talent?

Butch will get the Coastal Carolina job and make them pay. Last thing ECU wants is that beastly creature looming over their shoulder.

They'll pay for that disrespect when Butch establishes the UNC Asheville program.

You realize Fedora had his best season after all of Butches recruits were gone right?

You realize Fedora had his best season after all of Butches recruits were gone right?

Shhhhhhhh!

Fedora can't hold Butch's jockstrap. Butch was personally responsible for 6 NCs at UM. Fedora can't even win the Coastal.

Advertisement
If Mike Leach can get a job after his ***** ups then Butch will end up somewhere (maybe.)
But it might be a no name school.

I heard Butch is the running for his homeowners association treasury seat, he's currently in 2nd place behind some guy named Goldberg.

Advertisement
The only school that appears to have considered (and ultimately rejected) Butch as a candidate for HC is Miami. Evidently he is too radioactive at this point (because of the UNC mess) for anyone to risk hiring him. It's too bad, but it appears he will have to stay an analyst on TV or get some sort of job with the NFL. Pretty clear NOBODY will touch him in the college game now.

Advertisement
None of this butch stuff bothers my ***, i just wanna win. If he was my family then i may get tight but fk it.

****. Nowhere does it say Butch was a candidate.

I hate how disrespectful people have been towards Butch. We ended up with the best possible hire in Richt, there is no need to continue to bash Butch.

It's not so much being disrespectful to Butch, as it is being disrespectful to the BBB crew who were insufferable on this board (and others) for the past 3 years.

Most of us LOVE, respect, and appreciate Butch for what he did for the program, even though we didn't want him hired again.

this . This .I could care less about Butch one way or another but the BBB crew were a joke. Why would you want a coach no one else wants ? WE finally , finally for the 1st time since JJ left have an elite top 10 coach . Only 4 coaches in the history of CFB won more in their first 15 years of coaching then Richt . That is staggering .

Advertisement
Back