OT: EA Sports College Football game

Advertisement
I know this is going to spark a ridiculous and impossible debate, but what do I need to buy to play this? What’s the latest and greatest Xbox and PlayStation?
I’ve got a ps5 and just ordered a PlayStation portal. It’s going to be so great to play cfb video game in a handheld relaxing in my bed

You'll need a PS5 or Xbox Series X or S.

I'm a PS guy so I have no idea what the difference is between the two X box series.
I have the Xbox series S but I'm willing to upgrade if the differences between the S and the X (or PS5) are tangible

Advertisement
Advertisement
All I'm gonna say is this had better not just be the latest Madden games warmed over w/college teams. If it is, it's gonna be a **** game and not worth anyone's money.
I dont hate the Madden gameplay mechanics as much as other ppl.

However, the Madden interface and Franchise mode is absolute dog****. That definitely needs to be addressed big time for this game.

All I'm gonna say is this had better not just be the latest Madden games warmed over w/college teams. If it is, it's gonna be a **** game and not worth anyone's money.
I mean... it's being bulit on the same Madden engine as last year

I haven't played a Madden game since the PS2 days. I don't really like most newer sports games. I got one of the more recent NBA 2k games when it was free on PS network. The controls were way too convoluted. You had to do a whole Mortal Kombat fatality button combo just to dunk it instead of shooting a jump shot from right next to the rim.

Advertisement
I haven't played a Madden game since the PS2 days. I don't really like most newer sports games. I got one of the more recent NBA 2k games when it was free on PS network. The controls were way too convoluted. You had to do a whole Mortal Kombat fatality button combo just to dunk it instead of shooting a jump shot from right next to the rim.

Man you just click the trigger and shoot button 🤣

I have the Xbox series S but I'm willing to upgrade if the differences between the S and the X (or PS5) are tangible
Beyond the disc difference, it's mostly a GPU difference.

Despite featuring the same CPUs, the clearest difference between the Series X and S besides the design is performance. The hardware behind the Series X is befitting of its size, as this behemoth of a console boasts larger RAM, storage and native 4K display capabilities. The Series S does have 4K upscaling and HDR but that pales in comparison to a console that is fully capable of 8K output.
  • Xbox Series X: Zen 2 8-core CPU, 12 teraflops GPU, 4K/8K 120fps, 16GB RAM, 1TB storage
  • Xbox Series S: Zen 2 8-core CPU, 4 teraflops GPU, 1080p 60/120fps, 10GB RAM, 512GB/1TB storage

Advertisement
I mean... it's being bulit on the same Madden engine as last year
Sooooo...Madden warmed over w/college teams (like I said). Got it. I'm gonna withhold full judgement, but if that's how it turns out then that saves me about $60-70.

I spent wastes of money on Madden 20 and 21 hoping for something good but they were horrific, and don't look like they've gotten any better in subsequent years. Hard pass if that's how CFB25 goes.

Side note...EA naming it College Football 25 is smart on their part. Remember all the earlier ones were NCAA Football XX. Things keep going weird with the NCAA and all the NIL and conference realignment battles, NCAA is gonna be an invalid institution before long.

Advertisement
Back