OT: EA Sports College Football game

This is something I’ve always wanted to know. Is gaming that much better on PC? If so, what are your top three reasons?
Like for nba 2k with mods (I don't play it using it as an example lol) u can get the tnt or espn score overlays......they can also make players models look like their real self. A game like Skyrim or cyberpunk u can play forever with mods. Or GTA RP only on PC where u have to phone call strangers to make drug deals and profit etc. Although PS5 and Xbox are powerful they can't touch PC power it's not close.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bought a new 4k tv before the delay was announced. It's still sitting in the box, too.

I used to create kickers with 0 kicking stats and 99 everything else and they would be last rated recruit, but the strongest and fastest player 😂. No competition in recruiting them and then I move them wherever I want after signing day
So having a team full of 99's isn't enough!....Yu need the punter for overkill!!..lol

I used to create kickers with 0 kicking stats and 99 everything else and they would be last rated recruit, but the strongest and fastest player 😂. No competition in recruiting them and then I move them wherever I want after signing day
You’re not alone lol, looks at roster, yep I’m gonna need secondary help. Don’t worry, lockdown corner on the way! 😂

Advertisement
You’re not alone lol, looks at roster, yep I’m gonna need secondary help. Don’t worry, lockdown corner on the way! 😂
I can’t believe I’ve never thought of that!

I started a new franchise a few weeks ago to get updated rosters from Operation Sports and I’m in the first season and recruiting is always difficult until you win a Natty. A lot of times I’ll create a player from Miami at 99 overall and throw a ton of points at them and they still wind up at Bama.

Like for nba 2k with mods (I don't play it using it as an example lol) u can get the tnt or espn score overlays......they can also make players models look like their real self. A game like Skyrim or cyberpunk u can play forever with mods. Or GTA RP only on PC where u have to phone call strangers to make drug deals and profit etc. Although PS5 and Xbox are powerful they can't touch PC power it's not close.
Always had questions about PC games. The only one I’ve really played is Civilization.

1.) What do you use for a controller? Xbox controller? Can you use a PlayStation controller?

2.) do you have to have a heavily souped up PC? Like would these games run on standard 8 gb ram work pc’s? I have so many flat screen monitors for work (3) - and my work setup is ideal for gaming - but my home pc is just a standard HP laptop - not sure processing speed but it’s basically a standard work computer. I buy one every few years off eBay generally from a seller that has 100’s of them and good reputation. Basically they are getting large company computers and wiping them and reinstalling the newest version of windows.

This is literally what I have. Could you game off this assuming you have a docking station with 3 monitors etc??

I started a new franchise a few weeks ago to get updated rosters from Operation Sports and I’m in the first season and recruiting is always difficult until you win a Natty. A lot of times I’ll create a player from Miami at 99 overall and throw a ton of points at them and they still wind up at Bama.
Yeah it’s a neat little trick 😂. Look like you’re recruiting the worst punter/kicker of all time, all the while he’s the answer at any other position on the field, buddy can be 6’1 220 and throw him at DT or OG and watch him dominate 😂

Advertisement

Lol yeah man easy money!! They’ll be the biggest “gem” ever lol

EA will find a way to ***** it up, they always do. I remember when I was a kid me and about 9 or so of my friends would have a Madden/NCAA Football tournament where we’d make a bracket and stay up until 5 or 6 in the morning...so much fun. This was back in the Genesis/SNES days when you could tell there was love and effort put into the game, but now it’s just a cash grab every year. On the bright side, I can carry out my fantasy of Miami going undefeated, TVD throwing for 9,000 yards, winning the Heisman, and Mario winning coach of the year.

smh. Never understood why people play like this.

But then again, your dime. Your dance floor.

Advertisement
smh. Never understood why people play like this.

But then again, your dime. Your dance floor.
Last time I played the game, which was when I was in Highschool, the reason to do this was to sign an elite prospect or 2 per class that can be an immediate contribution. And not waste your time creating this player for his dumbass to go sign with the gators or something.

Last time I played the game, which was when I was in Highschool, the reason to do this was to sign an elite prospect or 2 per class that can be an immediate contribution. And not waste your time creating this player for his dumbass to go sign with the gators or something.

To me, that's cheap. You found a hole in the AI and exploited it.

Don't get me wrong. A lot of people do things like that. They'll put their 99 speed wr at qb and run the option. The guy who won the Madden tourney a few years ago played with his punter as qb.

People always look for shortcuts or ways to exploit the AI, rather than just playing football (any game, really). This is one of the main reasons why I don't play sports games online. Between exploits, glitches, and money plays, it's a giant hellscape

But, as I said, you can play your game however you want.

I just hope that one day the devs design the game so that it punishes that type of play, rather than rewarding it. And, yes, I know that no game will ever be exploit proof.

Advertisement
To me, that's cheap. You found a hole in the AI and exploited it.

Don't get me wrong. A lot of people do things like that. They'll put their 99 speed wr at qb and run the option. The guy who won the Madden tourney a few years ago played with his punter as qb.

People always look for shortcuts or ways to exploit the AI, rather than just playing football (any game, really). This is one of the main reasons why I don't play sports games online. Between exploits, glitches, and money plays, it's a giant hellscape

But, as I said, you can play your game however you want.

I just hope that one day the devs design the game so that it punishes that type of play, rather than rewarding it. And, yes, I know that no game will ever be exploit proof.
I dont disagree its a cheap move.

But its a game, and its to have fun. So who cares lol.

And I'm not talking about online tournament games. I think everyone creating a recruit is playing dynasty by themselves.

Always had questions about PC games. The only one I’ve really played is Civilization.

1.) What do you use for a controller? Xbox controller? Can you use a PlayStation controller?

2.) do you have to have a heavily souped up PC? Like would these games run on standard 8 gb ram work pc’s? I have so many flat screen monitors for work (3) - and my work setup is ideal for gaming - but my home pc is just a standard HP laptop - not sure processing speed but it’s basically a standard work computer. I buy one every few years off eBay generally from a seller that has 100’s of them and good reputation. Basically they are getting large company computers and wiping them and reinstalling the newest version of windows.

This is literally what I have. Could you game off this assuming you have a docking station with 3 monitors etc??

Can somebody shed some light on this?

EA will find a way to ***** it up, they always do. I remember when I was a kid me and about 9 or so of my friends would have a Madden/NCAA Football tournament where we’d make a bracket and stay up until 5 or 6 in the morning...so much fun. This was back in the Genesis/SNES days when you could tell there was love and effort put into the game, but now it’s just a cash grab every year. On the bright side, I can carry out my fantasy of Miami going undefeated, TVD throwing for 9,000 yards, winning the Heisman, and Mario winning coach of the year.
The reason Madden sucks is because EA has exclusive NFL rights so there’s no competition. If you want an NFL game, you HAVE to buy Madden. As long as EA doesn’t control the rights to the NCAA, there will always be the threat of competition from another developer.

It was the same thing with Lucasfilm. They had a 10 year deal with EA so if you wanted a Star Wars game, it had to be an EA game and they dropped the ball with Battlefront. The contract expires this year and you already have other developers making Stat Wars games . Monopolies suck for consumers.

Got tagged on something but my Buddy left Madden a few months back. Hadn't really heard to much about it recently. I said in 2017 that it would be back within 5 years and that looks to be the case. Said that EA started working on it again in 2019. Not to sure what else there is to say about it.
Guess that guy was full of ****

Advertisement
Back