OT: EA Sports College Football game

Advertisement
Copy some details on recruiting that was had in some of the 2k college hoops. Scouting, in home visits, official visits, transfer portal recruiting, convincing someone not to transfer or to transfer. Coordinator skills that matter and using their playbook. The old ones they just keep the same playbook you chose and the game would hire a decent coordinator just to not run their system lol. Had to manually change everything to match. Player weight goals for example if you wanted a player to lose or gain a set amount of weight. It’s a lot, I’ll buy it but I gotta see some promise beyond the presentation

I doubt it, it takes developers YEARS to make a new engine with no bugs or hiccups. If I had to bet it'll be on their current frostbite engine.
From what I read, they did a survey on if people wanted the game to be the same “platform” or whatever you call it that Madden is, and they got an overwhelming no. So it should be pretty different.

Advertisement
My expectations are low. I'll be surprised if it is anything more than a lootbox fest featuring scripted play outcomes and rubber banding to give the illusion of competition.

The only way I could see myself buying it is if it has a different engine from Madden AND the reviews are positive a few weeks after release.
Smart gamer u are

I would love to see something like the new NBA 2K23 is doing with the MyNBA Eras. I hope this is good as it is it looks. Apparently, they will allow you to go back to specific NBA eras, pick a team, and replay history. So if you're Portland in 1984, you draft MJ #2, then see how it plays out. If you're Detroit you can take Wade or Melo instead of Darko. Or not relocate the Sonics to OKC. Or leave legal hand-checking in play. Supposedly accurate will rule changes and accurate draft classes how they ranked pre-draft.

Such a cool concept. Something like that with Madden and/or College Football would be awesome. Coaching changes, realignment, recruits, declaring for the draft or staying in school, etc.

College football revolves around a few things: Recruiting, coaching staff, facilities. So the game, other than the obvious football part, should focus on those variables.

I'd like to see them make you manage the programs budget. Do you want to hire a big recruiting support staff? Recruits traits will be better identified and you'll find more gems. Big Analyst staff? Players will be more prepared and develop quicker. Big time S&C and Nutrition program? Speed, strength, endurance go up and injuries go down. But in real life most programs can't have them all. After each season you have to re-evaluate your staff and their salary needs. Maybe ask the AD for more money or risk losing staff.

Also a booster bar. If you're a nobody coach its going to take some consistent winning or a big win to get donations coming in. Get that booster bar maxed out and build a football facility. Or some kind of major upgrade to your facilities or stadium

Advertisement
Off-Topic and a while away (July 2023) but being a huge NCAA14 fan, I've been looking forward to the new iteration since it was announced to be returning. Despite my weariness with EA making an actual game that is of high quality or doesn't focus on the slot machine that is Ultimate team modes. I was just wondering what type of features in the game you guys would want to see. I'd say try to be realistic though in the sense that Pay-for-Play/Suspensions/Infractions will not be a part of the game obviously.

My favorite additions to the game would be: CFP flexibility (choosing 4,8,12), the Transfer Portal and importance of promises to players on your team, more in-depth recruiting allowing players to be able to decommit/silent commit/flip and not be told "you lead by 1,000 point" add more intrigue or mystery to it, allowing recruiting to not only be focused on the present year but for maybe the next year or two as well for at least scouting purposes (imagine finding a diamond in the rough early on and recruiting him early makes the difference come singing day)

Those are some of the few ideas I have and I'll remain skeptical considering the developer of the game, however I can't wait for the game to come back. Let me know what you guys think!
I just hope dynasty mode delivers. That's better than playing games themselves.

Not for nothin, but I do remember in the ps2 NCAA's you could put your program at risk for scholarship reductions. I think they should incorporate that side of it into the game again lol.

But all in all, I just want an immersive dynasty mode, and a modernized iteration of recruiting. They could literally tweak some coding from ncaa 14 to fit with today and id drop 60 on it.

They should make dynasty mode be from the perspective of an AD or even an entire BOT rather than a coach (but include that option as well) IMO, because then they could add structural features to the program, like stadium/facility renovations, sponsor deals etc etc. Just make that be a better executed version of playing as the owner in madden franchise mode.

Also also, they need to add in the ability to hire and fire your own coordinators. I couldn't stand coach carousel in 14...10 times out of 10, Mark Richt would be my OC at one or several different points in the same file. Oh...and 10 man staffs + S&C, football games be lazy as fvck with that.

Y’all should look into NCAA Revamped.

It’s a modded version of NCAA 14 with updated uniforms, stadiums, coaches, and accurate rosters as of Week 1 for most teams.

It’s pretty much all my free time goes towards lol
What are you playing it on? PC, PS3, or Xbox?

Advertisement
College football on Sega before the schools even had trademark names, I'm old school. 04 rendition was pure. Easy, fun, and it was downhill after. I doubt the product will match the hype, EA is run by *****.

Advertisement
Not a fan of ultimate team but i like all yall suggestions.

I would like a built out Road to Glory that allows you to hit the portal, have your coach ask you to redshirt, and have cut scenes for all years up into the draft.

I hope the incorporate 2K style player/coach interviews where your response impacts NIL, team chemistry, etc.

With how down hill Madden has been the past couple years i'm not expecting much from the new game

Advertisement
Back