OT: Duffy's

It's absolutely Heartbreaking whats happening in the Restaurant trade...all over Fl landmarks are on the verge of collapse...
I can't begin to tell you what its done to Culinary workers...especially degreed Chefs....add an absolute archaic Unemployment System and it's even more Heartwrenching...
That's awful man. 🙏 for the best for them.

Advertisement
Hahaha. I should've specified that I wasn't talking about the REAL Duffy's! Nah, the sportsbar chain.

Oh thank God...you scared me there for a minute

I saw that the Miller's Ale House in Coral Gables was shut down too...not sure if it's because they weren't getting much business or if they're just moving to another location.

John Martin's recently closed their doors as well.

Sad to see all these places shutting down.

Altamonte duffys day shift was always old lady waitresses and an even older crowd. Opposite of what the target demo is.

The Ale House in the Gables closed down. We need sports.

A community without Zingers ain't a community at all. If the one on Kendall Dr. ever shutters then the apocalypse is truly here.

The Ale House in Lauderdale abruptly closed too. But I think it was like a month before any pandemic issues here.

Advertisement
I think we’ve been witness to the greatest wealth transfer in our lifetime. Small business have fallen on the sword and only the large will survive. It’s across all business and industries. I think productivity will explode. A lot of businesses now know that they don’t need all of the people they had working for them. Hopefully in the long run new industries will be created. The travel, dining, concert, business meetings and hotel businesses will never be the same again. We’re in for a whole new reality. Crazy it all happened over a 12 week period.

They go out of business? Heard some seemingly nonsensical rumblings about Ale House buying them. Kinda weird that they weren't open for takeout at all and now haven't even partially reopened.

According to my phone, Duffy’s in the Miami area all seem to be open for takeout, and one is even open for dine in.

Advertisement
First RJ's, now Duffy's. Is Miller's Ale House next? Of the three, they're my least favorite. Their flagship restaurant was closed by the health department in the past.

It's absolutely Heartbreaking whats happening in the Restaurant trade...all over Fl landmarks are on the verge of collapse...
I can't begin to tell you what its done to Culinary workers...especially degreed Chefs....add an absolute archaic Unemployment System and it's even more Heartwrenching...
but...but...but....the death rate

congrats....

if people don't realize American small businesses, in several sectors, are facing an extinction level event, they aren't paying attention, or don't care.

Both tragic.

Since retirement, I've looked out for many of my Chefs...Some have found work...some even leaving the trade...One of my former Chefs (and an incredible one) is feeling it the most...Has 2 young kids (one not even a yr old)...My GF and myself have been doing all we can to help out.

Agreed. The only restaurant I saw killing it (under the circumstances) is Flanigans. They were still mad busy with take out. In Kendall, the line to pick up order was insane, at times

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know they’re a sofla institution and the one in Weston was awesome to watch games. **** near a tv in every freaking wall. But the food just sucked.
Flanigam hands down kicked their *** all over thE menu. Now if they can just get their TV game on and forget all the rest of the sht on their walls. Idgaf about a fishing net and some lures or whatever fish pics they have. They over do it with that sht.

You can add sweet tomatoes to the list. Was always a place to get the kids something healthy between games.

Advertisement
Back