OT: Dolphins

I like Flores think he’s an excellent coach but let’s be very clear. In the NFL you either have a QB or you don’t. The disappointment lies in the Dolphins still not having everyone on the same page as far as the direction of the franchise.

The plan was to Try and land “that guy” at QB this year and that was lost.

We didn’t need to trade away YOUNG talent if we were still trying to win game this season. It only serves to set the team back more considering that The picks we have now are in the 20s.

That's kind of my point - you're either tanking or not. Pro Bowl players are hard to find and you're trading away 2 young ones you have. If the intent was to tank, follow through with it. People already think that was the intent so optics won't change. If that wasn't the plan, why trade Pro Bowlers away for picks in the 20s?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man I couldn’t be more excited for a team in South Florida besides my Miami Heat. The future is bright, now if they can draft a QB for the future and groom him behind Fitzmajick along with playmakers in the trenches. This team will be on the upswing with this Coaching Staff. I love what Brian Flores is doing with the development of this squad.
They just beat the Bengals... Calm. Down

If they find a QB in the next two years...they'll be fine.

If they do not find a QB in the next two years...they will not be fine.

I have a feeling they'll still take Tua this year.

Advertisement
Man I couldn’t be more excited for a team in South Florida besides my Miami Heat. The future is bright, now if they can draft a QB for the future and groom him behind Fitzmajick along with playmakers in the trenches. This team will be on the upswing with this Coaching Staff. I love what Brian Flores is doing with the development of this squad.

100% agree. I have no issue with where they draft or who they draft. I believe Flores and his staff can develop players. Parker and Gesicki look like two different players.

I'm a Ravens fan & nothing's makes me happier than our annual *** whoopin of the Dolphins every year lol...

But, I also think you guys are on the right track with Flores.

I would stay away from drafting Tua though, that hip injury ain't no joke & he's a lefty, plus he's a Bama QB, which means high bust rate.

If I'm Miami I would take Justin Herbert or take a chance on Hurts in the 2nd or 3rd round, his development under Lincoln Riley has increased his NFL viability by a lot. Jim Caldwell & Chad O'Shea would do well with him.

Hurts is not an NFL QB.

Advertisement
The Tank for a QB thing is overrated.

The best QBs in the league this year, no order: Lamar, Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Dak, Jimmy G, Cousins.

Not a single one of them was a Top 5 pick.

You're right of course, but you're also wasting your time trying to point that out to Dolphins fans. They are all in on this 0-16 thing where we were supposed to run out of the back of our end zone on every offensive position because the #1 pick is soooooo valuable.

Advertisement
If Tannehill played for Flores instead of Gase and Philbin then he'd still be here. Tua is gonna kill it in this offense

I'm a Ravens fan & nothing's makes me happier than our annual *** whoopin of the Dolphins every year lol...

But, I also think you guys are on the right track with Flores.

I would stay away from drafting Tua though, that hip injury ain't no joke & he's a lefty, plus he's a Bama QB, which means high bust rate.

If I'm Miami I would take Justin Herbert or take a chance on Hurts in the 2nd or 3rd round, his development under Lincoln Riley has increased his NFL viability by a lot. Jim Caldwell & Chad O'Shea would do well with him.
I've been wrong on a lot of players over the years but Herbert isn't a franchise guy. He's Tannehill 2.0; great play here and followed by "wtf are you doing!!!?". Not to mention he's horrible against pressure. There have been questions about his leadership, which Miami needs more than anything else, since his junior year and he did nothing this year to silence those doubts either.

In terms of prospects, Tua fits what Flores would look for in a QB. Accuracy, leadership, pocket presence, instincts, etc. If the doctors OK his status next year, he will be the QB that they choose. It's either him or Jordan Love. They can always RS him just in case and roll with Fitz & Rosen in 2020 with what should be an improved OL and rushing attack.

Big fan of Flores. The rare Patriot coordinator who isn't a total nutjob and his gameplans were terrific in the playoffs last year. He was clearly a huge upgrade over 3-man rush Patricia.

Advertisement
Back