OT Dolphins

Advertisement
On a positive note, we entered the game picking 4th in the Draft and we left the game picking...4th. But there are a gang of teams all between 3-9, 3-8-1, and 4-8. It's scary that we still have the Jets, Giants, and Bengals left. We could legit end up drafting 11th.

The silver lining? Tua could fall to us in that 10th pick range, God forbid we reel off 2-3 more wins. I don't want Herbert, been saying so all season.

If they want Tua, they’ll get him.

They have 3 first rounders to play with.

Watch the Fins go 7-9 too. Where's the loss here if that last game is meaningless to the Pats?

Screenshot_20191202-093534_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
I don't think many fans are rooting for wins but I'm personally not about to be down because my team is winning.

How is betting on a QB later "outlier" mentality if the current landscape fits the criteria?

Lamar- end of the 1st
Mahomes- #10
Watson- #12
Rodgers-#24
Russ- 3rd
Dak- 4th

Even if you were to use SB participants, only 5 QB's in the last ten years (Cam, Goff, Ryan, Eli, and Peyton) were picked #1 & the Manning Bros were the only winners.

Funny you mention #2 overall pick Wentz.

you’re absolutely right. the ONLY benefit in selecting a QB at the top of the draft is that you can select the one you want and not worry about another team selecting him. The better QBs are not selected in the top 10

Part of me thinks we will go 7-9. That we are somehow trapped in some never-ending episode of the Twilight Zone, whereby we go 7-9 for all eternity and never get off the mediocrity merry-go-round.

Advertisement
It won’t be.

Pats are in the mix for top seed and Baltimore isn’t going to lose more than 1 game.
Very, very unlikely that's meaningless. They're tied with Baltimore and lose the tiebreaker. Plus Baltimore has an easy stretch to finish.

True. But I have Lamar Jackson getting hurt this Sunday against the Bills. Ravens season over.

I've been a season ticket holder for 39 years and winning is not going to help us only hurt. Beating Philly is not going to help us down the road win a super bowl. Getting the highest draft pick possible and using it to take a REAL QB or even trade the pick for more first round picks is how you build a Dynasty. These wins are nice for giggles but bad for the future. Do you know how many times we've won games toward the end of a season to push us out of a high draft pick? It's really sad to see this team constantly not understand how this thing works. It's why we've been stuck in this same position every year.

Now I actually think Flo is a great coach and I'm excited to see him field an actual team and not a bunch of practice squad stars.

there is no real qB where the fins will be taking (1-10) so I wouldn’t worry about that. They’re clearly taking the tank and rebuild mode. The problem is - do they have a PPD/GM that knows what to do with those
Draft picks?

Advertisement
Team has heart. I'll give them that. It's rare to see players playing with effort in S Fl these days.

Agreed, if the Dolphins lost yesterday, they would have controlled their own destiny in getting the first pick in the draft being 2-10 and games remaining against 2-10 NYG and 1-11 Bengals. Oh well.

It is amazing that the Dolphins could actually go 6-10 with wins against the NYJ, NYG, and Bengals over the next 3 weeks.

Exactly. I've lived this nightmare for so long. We actually have a shot at getting a real QB(potential only I understand) since Marino.

I ask these fans that are happy with the wins to look up and write down on paper all the QB's we've had since Marino. Then tell me if they think any of those could ever be a super bowl QB. If they say yes they need to give up football all together.

Advertisement
I posted essentially the same thing in another thread here today. It amazes me that any Dolphins fan is rooting for victories this season. This is only going to be a one year opportunity near the top of the draft order. Next season it's mediocrity again. Then what good does it do in 2021 if we lack a great quarterback? You aren't going to win 12 games instead of 9 due to effort and a tough coach. It requires elite quarterbacking to win buckets of games every season. There are always examples like the 49ers this season in which everything looks wonderful but it isn't sustainable in the slightest.

Sure, you might get a terrific quarterback deeper in the draft. That's the outlier mentality again. I realize there are examples. But the best opportunity is early. You don't have to rely on other franchises making mistakes ahead of you.

Carson Wentz really needs to work on his mechanics. That jumped out at me. He's not nearly as relaxed or fluid as DeShaun Watson, for example. Base is too wide and delivery is harsh. A better quarterback for Philadelphia could have put that game out of reach in the first half.

It's the brainwash they've been subjected to. Their used to being a 9 win team and getting the 13th pick. We had a chance at number 1 several times and have screwed it up both times. I don't think these fans understand the weight a 1st pick holds. This team needs a ton of talent.

there is no real qB where the fins will be taking (1-10) so I wouldn’t worry about that. They’re clearly taking the tank and rebuild mode. The problem is - do they have a PPD/GM that knows what to do with those
Draft picks?
I don't think many fans are rooting for wins but I'm personally not about to be down because my team is winning.

How is betting on a QB later "outlier" mentality if the current landscape fits the criteria?

Lamar- end of the 1st
Mahomes- #10
Watson- #12
Rodgers-#24
Russ- 3rd
Dak- 4th

Even if you were to use SB participants, only 5 QB's in the last ten years (Cam, Goff, Ryan, Eli, and Peyton) were picked #1 & the Manning Bros were the only winners.

Funny you mention #2 overall pick Wentz.

You clearly don't understand the value a number 1 pick holds. With your view we could still have traded the number and picked a QB later in the first.

We go 0-16, free agents don't want to come here next year, Flores is immediately put on the hot seat and maybe even fired for fielding the worst team in the history of the sport, Grier is fired, we're scrutinized for years to come, and have start all over again with a new HC and GM who haven't worked together to decide who'd be the best QB pick. That's what y'all Tank Squad Boys wanted?

Then you don't understand the way it works. If you get a chance to play in S. FL year round and not pay state income tax you better believe they will line up to play. These wins this year mean squat and do nothing for us. Half these players might not even be here in the next few years.

Part of me thinks we will go 7-9. That we are somehow trapped in some never-ending episode of the Twilight Zone, whereby we go 7-9 for all eternity and never get off the mediocrity merry-go-round.

Dude this is exactly where we've been stuck. This is why Tanking(something different) is what needed to happen. But hey a lot of these Phins fans on here are probably young and didn't get to see the killer B's and Marino so they are happy with just missing the playoffs every year.

Advertisement
Back